xbox online for free

It takes a lot for me to say this, but i honestly believe that GR2 is my favorite game of all time, beating out mechwarrior2, tee hee.. anyway, ive found that playing GR2 online is 1000x better. right when i was considering ponying up for xbox live, i found Xlink, a program and network that emulates a lan environment over the net.. so basically you can play any system link enabled game over the interweb.

in my 3 weeks or so on xlink, halo2 is by far the most popular, but GR2 is right behind it.. averaging around 100 people playing online at any given time.. anyway, ive loved xlink so much i thought i'd take it upon myself to let everyone know (cause i need more targets, teehee)

anyway, heres the link

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

wow, in reading this back this sounds like some ###### advertisement, but honestly, i just love xlink and want to widen the GR2 community using it..

hope to kill you later, =-D

ITs called LAG, alot of PC server don't have grenades, because when you get 20-30 people all firing 6 nades in one go, quite often ends up in the server crashing or people suffering major lag issues.

Good to here about the X-link thing, I'll pass this info onto the TAW X-box players, see if they join online with ya.

I just played GR2 on Xlink it's great :lol:

To bad that so many people who have GR2 don't know about Xlink

It's realy simpel to get online with Xlink.

You should try

If any of you also play on Xlink let me know post here

looking forward to play with you :rocky:

This topic should be pinned.

Yes I agree, pin it. The only thing that sux for me and xlink is that I have a mac... and although there is a version for it I can't seem to get it working right. If I did figure it out though this program even looks beautiful... and the way it works is far superior to xbconnect, another xbox tunneling service. It's great how you can join a bunch of people on your pc, then just ditch it and play xbox. You can then choose from all of the gr2 servers available! I love it... if you were a fan of xbconnect, you'll love this even more!

• 2 months later...
You guys know the real Xbox live serivece is only $60 for an entire year right?? lol

I just renewed mine for $50 just last week.

I tried xlink before with a friend and couldn't stand it No chat & Lag. Sure it's free and thats about all its worth. But if you can't afford $50 a year for the best online serves than sure use xlink with bare bone options! Not tring to put down xlink, but its nothing like Xbox LIVE and you just fooling yourself if you think it is. I now have 2 Xbox LIVE accounts and about to add a 3rd becuase Xbox LIVE is worth it when friends come over to play. Yet each he's own and i feel sorry for you when you missing out tring to play LIVE. :whistle:

• 2 months later...

Hi there !

My name is Aranha, and i´m from Brazil

Here we have a lot of clans of Ghost Recon 2 (from XBOX) and we play and make a games with other clans.

If your clan want a good challenger, play with us !

We have a good host !!!

Thank´s a lot !

Bye

:)

:thumbsup:

Aranha

I just got 12 months xbox live subscription & Spinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for £23.50 on ebay. Sign up before the end of August and you get another free game as well (I'm getting Forza). Pretty good value I thought. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Why not pay 40 quid for live, get THOUSANDS of players and a proper service. £40 isn't much at all, it's the price of a game - either buy some rubbish new game which you'll play once or subscribe to Xbox Live and get a years worth of online carnage. It's a bit lame not paying such a small amount.

• 6 months later...

i agree, if live was rubbish then id go for xlink but it isnt, its really well thought out/produced by microsoft, even though im not their biggest fan they have done LIVE and the 360 just right, and credit where credits due, and you show credit by payin the 40 squids