Batman Arkham City !

Rocky

I can't recall seeing a new game release come in so many different versions, each exclusive to one retail outlet.

I'm def. getting the new Batman game for the PS3, but where from? Tescos are advertising their version comes with a joker steel book, whatever that is, Game stores have it with a special exclusive Robin character, and I'm sure I saw other exclusives.

Also, the second hand market is taking another bashing, part of the game (several cat woman levels), are not included in the retail, they are DLC using a one time use code included in the box! :wall:

Still, can't wait for this game - by all reports they've stuck to the same winning formulas, hmmm, what a genius idea.

Eh, its just a way to encourage sales (which is what these "exclusives" exist for) without risking running afoul of any anti-trust laws. I saw that you can get a Sinestro Corps batsuit if you pre-ordered the Green Lantern Bluray. I'm doing Amazon.com. I don't recall what the pre-order bonus is, but I don't really mind forking out a little cash if it legitimately extends the gameplay.

Of all the games coming out over the next few months, I'm most excited about Batman and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Even though I'm getting BF3 and MW3, I think I'll get the most consistent play out of those two.

Also, I'm very glad that they aren't trying to shoehorn multiplayer in although I could see co-op, especially co-op predator mode being deeply gratifying. Arkham Asylum and the Assassin's Creed games are seemingly purpose-built to attract adult gamers like me who simply don't have the time to get good enough at the game-play extending part (e.g. multiplayer) to actually enjoy it. Its a legitimate concern these days, since I work 60 hour weeks and just can't play enough to get really good at them.

Edited by petsfed

Nightcrawler, I think that should read: 'paid DLC' :)

Relic are releasing cut content from their latest game as free DLC - a 'horde' mode named Exterminatus - coming on 25th Oct. Not very often you see devs releasing free DLC. Last time was Splash Damage releasing Agents of Change DLC for free FOR A LIMITED TiME (like, 2 weeks) for Brink. But they only released that DLC for free because Brink was and always will be a buggy, broken, rushed beta. And they released that DLC like 2 months AFTER they said they would release it. Stupid me for forgetting that in the video games industry, 'mid-June' means 'end of August' :)

Arkham City did look good though, or was that Catwoman's cleavage? :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the story mode and was left unsatisfied. I guess I should have expected it, thanks to Mark Hamill. I still have plenty of Riddler Secrets to gather up with both Batman and Catwoman. I've only completed half of Riddler's Revenge, but I do have 3 medals on all of the maps unlocked. The game is great, the side-quests and characters of the Batman universe that are introduced are way cool as well. Sadly, they ruined the combat by adding all of the new gadgets, enemies, and enemy weapons/defenses and making things way too complicated. Other than that, if you liked Arkham Asylum, you'll like this one as well.

Yeh I am only a tiny way into the game but there are so many extras going on, it's really pretty clever. So glad they kept it the same as the first one and did not mess with the overall gameplay.

So far just bashing the Square gets me through all the fights, I trust they will get harder as the game goes on, otherwise all these combo unlocks will be worthless :unsure:

So far just bashing the Square gets me through all the fights, I trust they will get harder as the game goes on, otherwise all these combo unlocks will be worthless :unsure:

It does get a little more complicated as you progress through the story. Eventually you'll have armored, armed, and shielded goons to deal with. They added in that stupid dodge counter for no reason. Still much easier to jump over their head and punch them in the back of the skull. My favorite new combo would have to be the one that allows you to break weapons and shields so that they can't be picked up again and used against you. Unfortunately, as I said, it eventually gets more complicated than it needs to be. :wacko: