bp weapons pack v6.0

mod_db_image_19_500.jpg

v6.0 Additions

This is taken from my Graw2 version of the mod, some notes may not apply to Graw1.

Several weeks ago, Radiator released his BlackHawkDown misison for Graw2 which was incompatible with my weapons pack. Since I love the BlackHawk story, tragic as it is, I wanted my weapons to work with it. Radiator also did some excellent work organizing sound xmls to make it easy for modders to not conflict with each other’s custom sounds and also allow for easy expandability. With those two things in mind, I spent about a week cleaning up my pack which resulted in v2.07. I’m never really happy just releasing fixes like that, especially if they require a lot of work. Fixing up the pack was satisfying but I really want to update it with something worth downloading and had forgotten how fun Graw2 can be to mod, time consuming, but fun.

After using the Mk14 EBR in Modern Warfare 2 and seeing several failed attempts to get one legitamately into this game, I decided to go ahead and attempt one myself. Previously I had not liked the design of this weapon, but over time have come to think it looks really cool. It did seem like a very appropriate weapon for the Ghosts, and was actually in the xbox360 version of the game. Modeling the bolt action was a little tricky, and I did attempt to use normal mapping with this one, which slowed my progress, but I’m fairly happy with the end results. Textures, as always could be improved, but that’s never been my strong point or interest with so much else to worry about getting it to a working game state.

Marcinko suggested adding a shortdot scope, which wasn’t difficult to model, but took some time getting all of the bitmap icons for the SP campaign done. It also required adding many more kits to MP/Coop since it can be attached to not just the Mk14, but several of my other weapons as well. In the end, I think it was a good suggestion and makes the mod that much more complete.

Though I’m not sure many people are still playing this game, I hope the few that are can get some enjoyment out of these efforts. I know I’ve had lots of fun making it and I have to say thanks to all the people who have downloaded and used it over the years. The interest and support of even a few people, especially the community at GhostRecon.net, really make it worthwhile and encouraging to complete projects like this.

Enjoy!

Mk14 Mod 0 EBR

This is the new weapon system added to the mod.

·7.62mm

·20 round mag

·semi auto and full auto fire modes

·custom tweaked sounds

·suppressor attachment

·tactical grip

·multiple scope attachments

Shortdot CQB Scope

·new scope seen above available on most of my weapons

Swapable Headgear

·added all headgear to each ghost for xml switching

·see instructions in readme to use

Misc.

·adjusted m4shotgun, l85a2, and sig552 anim sets to be “less” glitchy looking

·made sig552 use m4 scope attachments to free up MP attachment slots

graw_headgear_01_800.jpg

graw_headgear_02_800.jpg

26 July 2010

Finally got around to updating this with the latest weapon and tweaks. Also added the ability to swap head gear for each ghost. See the readme for details on how to do this. Good old GRAW. How old is it now, 4 or 5?

Downloads:

-----------------------------------------------

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v6.0 - Moddb Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v6.0 - FileFront Link

Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v6.0 - GrNetLink

Edited by JohnTC02

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to start by saying thanks Brettzie for the great mods that i've really enjoyed. I dont play GRAW without your mod. I have run into problems getting Versions 5 & 6 to run like some others I get this message...

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\ghostaionfoot.dsf(-1): cant find member: get_modifier in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\units\types\beings\human.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\vehicles\c130.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\vehicles\c130.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\vehiclemanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\dev\editor\worldholder.dsf(0)

data\levels\mission01\mission01.dsf(0)

I think that I know why. Its my kid's fault. I keep all of my games discs put well away from them because they have tore up several, so of course I used a [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] to play the game. I reinstalled after a reformat and got the mod put in and happened to start the game without the [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7], and guess what?,,, It worked!!! I can only guess that the [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] is not compatible with the mod which sucks, because I have to choose between the mod and the safety of my dvds. If anyone can help with this it would be great because i'm stuck using Brettzies Version 4. Also Brettzie if you could add the Barrett M82-A3 and/or suppressors for the .50cal sniper weapon and SAW and some scope options for the SAW that would be the bomb. Thanks again Brettz, PLEASE keep up the top notch modding for GRAW and GRAW2.