PC Release Date and Official Press Release here

Ubisoft announces Tom Clancy™’s

ghost recon future soldier PC RELEASE DATE

London, uk – April 03, 2012 – Today Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier for Microsoft Windows® PC will be available in stores and for digital download on June 15th.

PC version specific features:

- PC high standard visuals (DX11 renderer, new Hi-Quality Assets, new Post Process Effects, multi-monitor solutions support, TriDef stereoscopic support).

- DirectX11 enhanced: Tessellation (for soft 3D models), Compute Shaders-based realistic lighting (for Global Illumination), Volumetric Fog.

- Online Widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen.

- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system.

- Party text Chat.

- Uplay Friends system

- Fully customizable controls for the localized keyboards

A temporary broadband connection will be required for one-time product registration at first launch using the player Uplay account. From that point on, no permanent connection is required, except for online modes.

Minimum hardware requirements:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows® XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions

PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz

RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7

VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card**

DIRECT X®: DirectX 9.0c

DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card

HDD space : 25 GB

Recommended Configuration:

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher

RAM: 2 GB Windows® XP / 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®

Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better

Additionally, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360® and the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on May 25th, 2012 in the UK.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with Killer Surf

think on the bright side, at least the PC version is there, and they could have just been REALLY lazy and think "oh, just port it over and don't tweak it" but no, they are tweaking it as much as possible within the time frame they have. OR they could have DELAYED IT EVEN FURTHER to remake it completely for the PC, which would have annoyed you more, having to wait. so think about it, it could be worse, ALLOT worse.

appreciate what you got while you've got it, it might never have happened. :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to this release, I've been a big fan of the original Ghost Recon, but I just need a breath of fresh air. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I don't think Ghost Recon was ever meant to be as tactical as the first game; it just ended up being that way. Look at the original concept art from [GR], it looked like they aimed for action oriented gameplay, but that is just my perception.

This is my angry face.

:nono:

Fella's, if you don't like what you have seen about GRFS, and if you don't plan on buying it, stop trying to spoil it for peeps that are looking forward to it, and stay out of the forums with "Future Soldier" on them.

This is a Future Soldier FAN forum, the HATE forum is not here, it is somewhere else, go find it.

Last LAST warning.

End of! Issues? PM ME.

i'm pleased about new high quality textures and windows xp support.

same, i would have been quite annoyed if windows XP wasn't supported, it's the only windows platform i'll ACTUALLY use.

windows XP will not allow people to take advantage of the DX11 support and (probably) the HQ texture support, but the main thing is it's compatible for the XP lovers.

who cares if it TPS as well i don't know how many times i've had to mention this, but there will no doubt be a "classic mode" like there was in GR2, GRAW and GRAW2

It was decided to keep the game in Third Person for PC because the game is designed as a TPS. Being able to see your character is a huge part of the game which enables us to better see and experience what it is like to be part of a hardened special forces squad. Alot of work has gone into developing the game this way. Having the game as a first person shooter would not work with the way the game dynamics have been fleshed out.

People who don't like TPS or don't feel that it is right for this franchise need to move on now. We all know you don't like it but it is a TPS. It is a new game and fingers crossed it will be awsome. While the haters are sitting at home grumbling that GRFS is'nt what they hoped, the rest of us are going to be having a great time.

The console version of the game looks great too.

Perhaps those who don't like TPS can go and give the money they would have spent on GRFS to Kickstarter. I prefer to buy the game play the hell out of it. There is only one way to find out if you like it or not.

Perhaps those who don't like TPS can go and give the money they would have spent on GRFS to Kickstarter.

i respect what yo said and i hope you like the game, but personally im disappointed about the game... i have played all ghost recon series (PC) and its obvious that the game is taking different direction now , which is why many people are leaving the game and looking for another game such as TAKEDOWN, the good thing is We now have choices.

I prefer to buy the game play the hell out of it. There is only one way to find out if you like it or not.

Agreed

A temporary broadband connection will be required for one-time product registration at first launch using the player Uplay account. From that point on, no permanent connection is required, except for online modes.

A step in the right direction here at last. :)

Thank goodness. If they forced some piece of crap like Steam on customers I would sue Ubisoft.

You mean the most succesful digital distribution gaming platform ever? The platform that allows publishers to see a 36,000% rise in sales and and has rid the gaming community of over 1,000,000 cheaters thanks to it's anti-cheat protection?