PC Version is enhanced

Yep the shop shelves tell the story and the PC section has gotten smaller and smaller every year. Console sections will feel the same pain quite soon....

How so, the GFC perhaps?

Gaming is going to be the next cloud technology, and will be built into TVs. I saw a really good article on this and why consoles are unsustainable, can't find the link right now though...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to know where gaming is headed? Think about this: A couple of weeks ago, Microsoft announced that they have sold 67 million Xbox360 since it's introduction in 2005, averaging about 9 million Xbox360 per year (sales for 2012 are down over 50% year over year, btw). At the current rate (and sales for 2012 are up well over 100% year over year), Apple already sells 250 million iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) per year, each and every one of them a capable gaming machines with one-click access to thousands of games via the AppStore, which doesn't allow publishers to implement registration codes, always-online requirements, and other bullcrap DRM.

Xbox 360 sales dropped because they finally fixed the RROD issue in the late fat models and now people do not have to buy new ones each year. :P

Gaming is not going to disappear from PCs, there will always be things you can do on PCs that you cannot on a handheld device. Racing and flight sims will always be on PC where there are good wheels and sticks. As will proper tactical shooters like ARMA and it's kin.

Gaming is not going to disappear from PCs, there will always be things you can do on PCs that you cannot on a handheld device. Racing and flight sims will always be on PC where there are good wheels and sticks. As will proper tactical shooters like ARMA and it's kin.

Mmmm,....interesting, although I hope that traditional media ie CDs/DVDs don't disappear altogether.

I like the tactile feel of ownership, something thats missing downloading direct from the internet!

Xbox 360 sales dropped because they finally fixed the RROD issue in the late fat models and now people do not have to buy new ones each year. :P.

So true! that and people have already got xbox 360s, why would they need another?

the PC graphics to me, aren't that bad, in fact i like them! i mean, yeah okay the models are a bit bleugh in places and the textures look a little stretched out here and there, but the specs required to run the game is amazingly low for what people are getting, yeah sure that's been run on a high spec system but even the requirements for high settings are really low. so basically my verdict is quit moaning about it, and wait, we haven't seen the final version yet, the Beta may in fact be a build over 6 months old so NOTHING we have seen or played is final yet.

Give it time, if you don't like it, no one is holding a gun to you head, ordering you to play it.

Edited by Zeealex

I think you all need to calm down a bit.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, with so little info on the PC version there is no way to know how the game will look on release.

So with that in mind please keep it civil, all these sarcastic comments are not going to resolve anything.

You can't argue though that just weeks before the PC game's release it would be nice to have more then just the one rather disappointing screen shot to have a better idea of what the game will look like with the 'enhancements'...

:blink:

Yes it would be, but I still say that the lack of evidence makes it foolish for you to be complaining about the game already.

Sorry Tinker, I'll keep the conversation more civilized. I'll have to remember the next time I get tired of a thread to call someone an idiot wink.gif

Yes it would be, but I still say that the lack of evidence makes it foolish for you to be complaining about the game already.

So, people are fools and complainers for wanting to see more about a product before they buy? You do realize that the best pre-order offer has already expired, and many people didn't buy because they don't know what the game looks like, were discouraged buy what little they saw, and don't even know what OS the game will run on because Ubisoft is all over the map on that too?

I don't see this as 'complaining' or being 'foolish', I see it as prudent consumerism; it's well documented that in every venue Consumers just let marketing steamroll their purchasing decisions -- everyone looses... And good luck with calling people idiots just because your tired...

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

So, people are fools and complainers for wanting to see more about a product before they buy? You do realize that the best pre-order offer has already expired, and many people didn't buy because they don't know what the game looks like, were discouraged buy what little they saw, and don't even know what OS the game will run on because Ubisoft is all over the map on that too?

Ubisoft are under no obligation to show us anything, if you want to know what the game looks like there's enough info and pics on the net to make initial judgments already.

If you don't like what you see,... just don't buy, it's that easy.

I don't see this as 'complaining' or being 'foolish', I see it as prudent consumerism; it's well documented that in every venue Consumers just let marketing steamroll their purchasing decisions -- everyone looses... And good luck with calling people idiots just because your tired...

You have all the info that you need for now, it's no good being an alarmist.

If your in doubt than wait till GRFS is in the bargain bin on sale, to purchase (another couple of years perhaps), all this fussing over technical aspects of the game just adds to the frustration.

Be assured that if it's a dud for me than I'll nail UBIsoft myself, I won't take it lying down.

After initial purchase, and after exhausting every other avenue first!

Edited by Anthonyf

Let me rephrase this. I don't see any problem with being dismayed by no sneak peeks, screenshots, or information about the game so soon to release, and I am definitely not praising Ubisoft. I am, however, simply curious as to how some of you (not necessarily you, 101) are debating the difference in PC and X-box graphics when at the same time you talk about NO official screenshots. If you have no official screenshots, what are your grounds for argument (once again, I am not referring to you 101).

smile.gif

I am, however, simply curious as to how some of you (not necessarily you, 101) are debating the difference in PC and X-box graphics when at the same time you talk about NO official screenshots. If you have no official screenshots, what are your grounds for argument (once again, I am not referring to you 101).

I thought the same thing. :whistle:

Edited by Anthonyf

Let us all please at least try and make the intellectual effort to make this a constructive discussion by: 1) at the very least making an honest effort to read what you're replying to, 2) make an honest effort to understand what you're replying to, 3) not resort to unwarranted personal characterizations.

To wit: the original topic post is "PC VERSION IS ENHANCED" which if you're making an honest effort as I have been; you're discussing these enhancements that are the ONLY feature that will differentiate GR:FS PC from the console versions of the game.

Ubisoft are under no obligation to show us anything...

No one but you Anthony has used any language that even remotely suggests or implies Ubisoft 'owes' anyone anything -- that assumption is all yours Anthony.

...if you want to know what the game looks like there's enough info and pics on the net to make initial judgments already.

There is only one picture acknowledged by Ubisoft as being from the PC version of the game, and that is even not enough information for someone like me that understands the differences between the DirectX 9, 10 and 11 render backplanes, no less someone like you that clearly does not to make any kind of initial informed 'judgment', no less an informed purchase decision.

You have all the info that you need for now, it's no good being an alarmist.

Just because you 'feel' you have enough information you need, gives you no right to decide what others 'need' no less to resort to name calling and informal fallacies like 'alarmist'... Don't you think it would be better to confine your discussion to a recitation of fact, learn something, rather then resort to histrionic personal attacks that alienate people Anthony?

If aren't up to, don't understand, or arent' interested in critical, technical, and factual discussion about, and other people's interest in the only feature/enhancement that Ubisoft has acknowledged has any consequence as far as game-play -- why even participate in the discussion?

I am, however, simply curious as to how some of you (not necessarily you, 101) are debating the difference in PC and X-box graphics when at the same time you talk about NO official screen shots. If you have no official screenshots, what are your grounds for argument (once again, I am not referring to you 101).

First the discussion and topic is predicated on the graphics 'enhancements' mentioned in Ubisoft's announcement. As this is the only important differentiating feature the PC game will have from the console game, berating people for wanting to discuss and know more about it seems at best petty and controlling on your part.

Second, if you'd actually make the effort to read the thread, you'd know there is one screen shot that is officially vetted and acknowledged by an Ubisoft Developer from Ubisoft Kiev as being from the PC.

Some people would like to know more, you're satisfied with knowing less... What benefit is there in attacking people on that account to anyone? For those of us that are interested, the one screen shot and a vague paragraph of DirectX 11 feature support make for an interesting arcation for technical discussion (and concern) that some may consider worth exploring on the basis of previous design choices made by Ubisoft..

Ah, we stand unopposed, all our foes slain by our logic.

Foes? Logic? We, obviously have very different definitions of those words... Really guys...

:(

Edited by 101459

No one but you Anthony has used any language that even remotely suggests or implies Ubisoft 'owes' anyone anything -- that assumption is all yours Anthony.

Wrong;

The way you've been posting suggests to me that UBIsoft "owes" you information on game Specs, scrutinizing the "one official pic available".

Weather it's directx 9, 10, 11 supported.

Does it really matter? :rolleyes:

Wrong;

The way you've been posting suggests to me that UBIsoft "owes" you information on game Specs, scrutinizing the "one official pic available".

Weather it's directx 9, 10, 11 supported.

No where did I use the word 'owe' or any synonym of that word, the only person you're quoting is yourself, and the only thing that's 'wrong' here is your assumption...

Does it really matter? :rolleyes:

Does what matter? That you'd prefer to bicker about this then understand what Ubisoft is doing? No where did I use the word 'owe' the only person you're quoting is yourself...

Back on topic; can we try that? If Ubisoft Kiev over-blows the post-processing effects, wouldn't you like the option to disable or turn them down? Wouldn't you like PC render settings, like FOV, and SM options? Do you care if the post-processing breaks NVIDIA's new FXAA or AMD's TXAA?

:blink:

Edited by 101459

In previous posts your attitude is one of Ubisoft owing you (the consumer) something.

What's Ubisoft doing, they're manufacturing a product that's all.

Mmmm, unresolved, can Mods please clean a few posts? :lockd:

Edited by Anthonyf