Northern Watch, ready for beta

Howdy all,

Northern Watch is now ready for beta testing.

New buildings:

There are two new buildings in this map, first is a AA battery which has been designed to accommodate three Adat's, second is a tank depot which will accommodate two tanks, see pics below.

New features:

The first of the animated props are now filtering through to my missions, there are two in this mission.

First is a new type of door that you can plant c4 on and when detonated it will blow it of it's hinges, second is a gate (road block) which I have used to allow access to the extraction road, both of these are new to the game which I have developed myself, see the video's below.

AA battery:

aa_bat.jpg

Tank depot:

tank_dep.jpg

Animated gate:

Animated door:

[media=]

Hope you like the new features and enjoy the mission.

Many thanks,

John

Download:

Northern Watch v1

Not Found

The requested URL /2s8Qzk QyBmAmP7Q was not found on this server.

Hi john, could not download the map..............

ok, now it works.....

ham, let´s see what u did this time......PuppetMaster

Pefect work. Very good FPS also on slow system and no issues found. It's great to have the buildings with AI's behind the windows at the 2nd floor. All buildings are great. We had a great fight to get to the most important objective for Erika, the roof with the sun umbrella. Also the map is bigger as expected at beginning which means we had a couple hours much fun..

New door and gate is working great. Worked and looks very good.

Phantastic work again :yes:

Greetings from Erika and Klaus :hi:

Supa-Troupa......next to urgent fury.....i love this one John!

Worked perfect, no problems in easy mod.....

I wished i had more enemies on Transmitter-mission but i loved playing the map!!!!

U know what John, when u started this newbuildings-maps i was , ham.....like:hey i don´t realy like this stuff!!!!:-)

But now i get more and more comfortable in playing with those houses and roofs....

Keep on John, i told you i won´t leave!:-))))).......

BIG UP PAPA!!!! :yay:

Hi John,

I ran through this one on Hard with no issues. The new gate worked fine and so did the exploding door. I really got a kick out of the tank objective where the doors blew off of the building and the tanks came out firing! Pure AWESOMENESS! I also like the objective where you had to pick up the map/papers/intelligence. Haven't seen that in a while. The new buildings provide the opportunity to be a lot more tactical and give your snipers some really great angles. It's much more realistic.

Well Done!

Cheers,

Rahn

Ha ha Riley......you are way missing the good stuff !

A group of us played a good part of it last night at BH and everyone thought the same.....pure Awesomeness !

The transmitter building we had a slight problem getting up the stairs to floor D I believe where the letter D fell onto the stairs and you couldnt get past it....think it fell onto stairs after a thrown frag. After about 5 mins of running up and down we managed to get past this obstacle. I dont think this was a bug, but will look out for it in same area next time.

John........we're not worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Haha, you folks haven't seen nothing yet, I've just started my next map and there will be even more new features in this one, there are lots of new animated props being developed by Spik@ and myself.

Just a small teaser, there will be no less that 8 new animated doors in my next mission of various types and sizes which I have made and are in game and working.

Also I have perfected the code for the elevator which can be used to take up and down different floors in a building, but this far from being finished so will be in a future mission.

Laters,

John

Just an update.

Three of us finished the map today after dying many many times.

The letter falling off the wall and blocking the stairs thing happened again with a different letter on a different floor of the transmitter building. This was only when a frag was used to clear the top of the stairs before ascending.

Managed to shoot that one out of the way.

Minor thing, but thought would point it out.

Didnt find any other problems at all.

Only thing I did see though was you cant pick up a team mates Zeus when he gets killed...was this intentional ?

Stumbled across some really well hidden Tangos and died quickly.

This is map that will stand out for a long time John.....fantastic effort mate....well appreciated.

John

Ran through the map last night on hard and it was superb. Your work is getting better and better and I think the new buildings really stand out. As Rahn says it really adds something having to fight your way to the objectives and being able to do this in 3 dimensions makes it much more fun . Bring on the escalator though as I'm getting breathless running up all these stairs!

Loved it from start to finish and encountered no problems whatsoever. Didn't get the blocked stairs as reported by CJo1964 but then I don't use frags so that's not a surprise.

Great work again John.

Anthony

I dont usually use frags either, but its a good room clearing tactic before turning a corner....ask any SWAT team !

As I stated though...only a minor observation.

Pity we dont have flash bangs in the game....lol.

Hi John,

We played the map a few times now and the map is just awesome :thumbsup: !!!

This is how GRAW 2 should have been when it was released.

Like all the maps you made I realy enjoyed playing it and those new buildings and features are incredible.

We had a laugh with the numlock at the gate because I read something else than on the key pad.

The key pad says 'aneel secur' and I read ..... LOL.

We ran the map on the MIB server with default weapons and on my online server with the Rahnman mod and there were no issues.

This map is realy outstanding! Good job John !

Rico

Looks like this is ready for release, I'll get it done as soon as I can.

Next mission is progressing well and will be the most complex mission ever seen in GR:AW2 but it will be a while before it's ready for testing.

Expect to see a lot of new features in the next mission, there are various animated doors such as the hanger doors (with sound), new gates and different types of garage doors all of which I have made in max and developed in the game.

Spik@ has also been busy in max making some new props so expect to see a few of these in my next mission and others filtering though over the coming missions.

Many thanks for your support,

John

This map was a ton of fun! I had a good old time having to take out more than one tank, and being able to blow doors off a building is awesome. Just let me blow a hole through a wall and I'll be all set!

-Minor problem with the keypad to extract. It stops working if someone accidently causes an explosion next to it.

-The letter C on the tower fell off the wall and blocked the stairs for a while, we had to blow it out of the way.

-Also, if there is a way to make the C4 for breaching have a smaller blast radius, making it a controlled breaching charge, that would help a lot with building clearing. If not, that's alright.

A very fun map, and I can't wait to see what you have coming in the future!

Edited by Senakysam

Hey John,

We played this map a couple of times but have not finished it all yet. We had the issue with the letters blocking our path on several of the floors. Always managed to get by eventually but it was frustrating. Was there more than one new door that we were supposed to put C4 on? We just found one, but have not completed the last two objectives. The AI in this map were very agressive, chased us down at times, especially coming down stairs when we were looking the other way. Great map as usual, look forward to the next.

Puck

Finally got through the whole map the other night on TAW's Rahn Mod server. Excellent map. One thing I do wish you could add in future maps is an identifier on the pull up map that shows the exit location. That way when we get into a map with multiple, spread out objectives, we can decide which ones to do first so we're not running all across creation after respawning. Some of us died a...uh, few times on some of the objectives. :sweating:

Thanks for testing again.

I can make those letters in the office building into a custom prop and remove the dynamics, this will stop them from falling off the walls when using a nade.

In fact it might be better to add them as a texture to the building. :hmm:

Adding a marker to the minimap to show the extraction area wouldn't be a problem, it would then show on the overhead map and minimap.

I'll get these fixed then release the map.

Cheers,

John