World War III Fight For Freedom By Mr Pibbs

Rocky

Are there any SP fixes in the new patch?

Hey Zulu9812,

There are two single player fixes in the new patch, but those fixes are the same as in the old patch.

The fixes are both made in the cinematics for the 1st mission:

1: Escape Function added for exiting cinematics

2: Random Glitch in cinematics addressed

And of course, there is now the new MP mission added. The patch size is roughly only 125 kb. As I mentioned earlier, it dosent matter if you had installed the old patch, this one will just re-install the old patch fixes and will also install the new MP mission.

Might I add that the new MP mission is only selectable in Multiplayer, coop-mission.

Christian :)

Greetings fellow ghosts!

Just wanted to let you know that the link to fileplanet in the downloads section contains the no music version, both Mac versions and the patch, however the full PC version (with music) is not on that link, I did find it by scrolling through the news, however, if anyone is looking for the full version, they may have problems finding it. The link from this review does lead to version 2.0 full but if somebody is not looking in this review, again, they may not find it. Since it says to please visit the downloads page for all versions, I just thought I'd let you know.

Just a heads up.

PrimusPilus

Hey,

Thanks for bringing that to attention PrimusPilus, actually the link is there in the dowloads section(from the listing). The full music version is under @warplanet download at the bottom of that page, but it should be more clearly marked. I'll go ahead and PM Rocky, see if he cant throw on the name to make it more visible.

Thanks

Christian

Greetings fellow ghosts!

Just wanted to let you know that the link to fileplanet in the downloads section contains the no music version, both Mac versions and the patch,

It is, it's right at the bottom of the pop up window.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those that haven't given this mod a look; YOU SHOULD -- as Rocky says this is 'different from any other Ghost Recon mod you have played' (to paraphrase) and that's quite an understatement. While other mods may offer new candy in one flavor or another WW III brings new and unprecedented scale to Ghost Recon, and Mr. Pibbs really pushes the envelope and capabilities of the GR engine to bring large scale battle to the platform

Even more amazing is this like so many other stunning GR mods WWIII is a one man show, but it's orchestrating battle on a scale that I'm sure RSE never imagined...

I have to be honest I felt and still feel a bit out of my depth and overwhelmed with WWIII, but I find myself going back to it again and again.. What WWIII needs most are not any one Ghost Recon fans ideas of additions or changes -- but well organized and illustrative web site to present WWIII in all its glory and capability (which is really more a game unto itself then a mod).

I can imagine if enough people were attracted to the idea of large scale modern warfare on Ghost Recon, WWIII could be a really fine arcation for the contributions of others and a cool new direction for GR on more capable hardware....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (five out of two thums up)

No offense but there is no pressure I am putting on myself to finish this campaign, my life comes first so to answer that question Zulu, cant say if itll be finished, all I can say is that I have started spending time on it again, if worst comes to worst and GR2 is about to come out and I dont have it done I might at least release the missions I have completed. I mean in all truth theres no way I could complete a campaign based on WWIII in just a few missions and its not in me to just pump em out as fast as I can with less regard to quality, so I'm not asking anyone to hold their breath and wait for this, Im just more less getting in touch with the communtiy which is sometimes nice after spending x hours modding.

Thanks again for you guys giving the first part of the campaign a go, its nice to know even after all this time has passed people are still playing it some, heck, I figure I still got roughly 5-6 months before GR2 comes out so who knows, maybe this will get done after all.

I may be looking for someone to help with placing new face textures on Russian soldiers, being that I have alot of them in need of some 'individuality', and of course that person would be included in the credits for the creation of the Mod, so if anyones interested gimme a shout please, this would help alot with time becuase it took me forever just to get the spetz natz faces and thats only like 20 guys, im talkin like 30-40 Russian regulars at least now lol. Tester(s) would be very helpfull also, but unfortunately as one might see that has played the previous Mod part there is often ALOT going on in the missions so any one interested in testing be prepared because just the first mission of this final part is looking to be more complex than any other previous mission, but it is almost complete. Again anyone involved in any part of the completion of the mod will be incuded in the Mod credits, theres already few in the list for helping make the tanks fire their cannons at players, which through some fairly heavy scripting and modified scenario's for the tanks has made them sorta alive and much more dangerous in a realistic manner, and although it took at least a month to get the script working right for them it was well worth it and I dont regret that time spent in the least when I play the mission.

Anyhow, thanks again to everyone for taking part in the campaign thus far.

Christian

• 6 months later...

well, the ooooold WWIII partI gets bumped up momentarily :devil: lol, after taking a break from working on part II to glance around I found myself re-reading all of this just for the heck of it, and thought I would put in the good news, Part II, the final part is almost finished now, were talkin days :D And of course this reply has nothing to do with the mod review of part I, sorry about that admin, just a little geeked (not geeky, geeked lol)

So anyhow, cheers to all of you who gave the good stuff in the replies here, and I know I said I was gonna finish it then quit on it like 5 times, but I think you guys will find it was worth the wait and also this will make one whole 'complete' mod now.

Pibb

well, the ooooold WWIII partI gets bumped up momentarily :devil:  lol, after taking a break from working on part II to glance around I found myself re-reading all of this just for the heck of it, and thought I would put in the good news, Part II, the final part is almost finished now, were talkin days  :D And of course this reply has nothing to do with the mod review of part I, sorry about that admin, just a little geeked (not geeky, geeked lol)

So anyhow, cheers to all of you who gave the good stuff in the replies here, and I know I said I was gonna finish it then quit on it like 5 times, but I think you guys will find it was worth the wait and also this will make one whole 'complete' mod now.

Pibb

Awesome!

• 10 years later...

I know I'm a "bit" late to the party, but I couldn't help it - I just have to point out what an amazing job Mr.Pibb did here with his mission cinematics! He probably went on to become a Hollywood blockbuster film director after this! Superb work!

• 1 year later...