not sure if anyone knew this...

Zeealex

Scotty's back!

In a recent issue of GameInformer, it was revealed that Scott Mitchell will be giving the new team orders. In addition, Steve Blum, Mitchell's voice actor, was the narrator for a recent trailer.

what are your thoughts on his undoubted return?

Tbh, i want to know what happened to the previous team, where's Diaz, Beasley, Brown (I think he's Bones) Nolan, Ramirez .etc? will any old school ghosts be joining the party like Gordon, Cohen, Rodriguez ( i know Jacobs is retired) etc.? So full of questions that i have to wait til may for answers to! XD

Edited by Zeealex

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish they'd bring back the ability to have a full squad instead of this four-man baloney. No commander in his right mind would send four men against about 200 enemies in an open, obvious attack. This is something I'm trying to avoid doing in Texas Militia; if it is a large operation, you get plenty of armor and infantry support. It ain't gonna happen that way in real life, and if you do it in games, you're just encouraging more quicksaving and quickloading every minute.

Wish they'd bring back the ability to have a full squad instead of this four-man baloney. No commander in his right mind would send four men against about 200 enemies in an open, obvious attack. This is something I'm trying to avoid doing in Texas Militia; if it is a large operation, you get plenty of armor and infantry support. It ain't gonna happen that way in real life, and if you do it in games, you're just encouraging more quicksaving and quickloading every minute.

John Basilone and two fellow Marines, during the battle for Henderson Field on Guadalcanal, held off and annihilated nearly three thousand Japanese troops, after the Japanese reduced Basilone's fifteen-man unit to just himself and two other men. So, four against two hundred? I wouldn't put that in the realm of impossibility for a few highly-trained and highly-motivated American fighting men. American history is, thankfully, spangled with brave men who have taken on insurmountable odds in battle, and won.

Good points there Para, but in FPS shooters, the enemy pretty much 'detect' you no matter where you're hiding and can hit you with 100% guaranteed accuracy at any range. From what I've heard, the Japs probably blew up a few hundred of themselves with their own grenades when they got scared. shifty.gif Plus, in FPS games, the enemy rarely attack you, and if you were the last three men against a thousand times your number, your adrenaline would be raging, you would do ANYTHING to survive, you'd take your time and be careful, and you would be able to do more and use the environment to your advantage, none of which you could do in a game.

EDIT

I doubt the commander of those Marines sent them in to battle those guys, more likely they were the last of their wiped out company, am I right?

Edited by rileyfletcher_01

boys will be boys... :rofl:

it does get you wondering though, maybe she's a Captain now? Ramirez, Brown, and Diaz, are the only members of the Ghost recon 2 lot who didn't break off from Mitchell's team in GRAW and GRAW 2.

it's infuriating thinking about it, wheres the rest of the old team!? not to mention Burke still hasn't been confirmed dead or alive yet, for all we know she could have got up, thought "you know what ###### 'em" and decided to go rogue :rolleyes: pfft, like that's ever gonna happen! Ubi probably forgot the tiny details, suppose it leaves you guessing.

i would like to see some of the oldies back at least, Cohen, Grey, Henry Ramirez, Foster, Salvatore, Brown, Diaz and a few of the international lot.

Amen to that!!! Alicia Diaz was smoking H-O-T in Ghost Recon 2!

What!? Why wasn't I informed of this? Better get me a console just to check this out.....shifty.gif

Maybe so, but she still got nothing on Miss Galinsky.

Anyway, Steve Blum VO for Mitchell in Ghost Recon: Space Marine? Is there a game out there that doesn't have Steve Blum on VO - Seriously, that guy has got a massive VO portfolio.