Manual add sounds

but every time I've bundled sounds they don't play, you just get silence.

Well Iam not you and every time I've bundled sounds they did play

Perhaps it works for custom levels, but for mods I've never had any luck with sound and bundles.

All the files in the custom levels are mods ??

Seems like 50% of the people can't get bundled mods to work and have to use the unbundled version anyway.

Iam the other 50%

I'd prefer the sounds and movie file were part of the bundle,

Well you can

You're not really giving me any reason to believe this will be any different

Mate. I don't care, because it works.

The proof is in the pudding, just wait and be patient , Dav's testing the map tonight. and keep an eye on the Wiki, hey Dav :P

Place Rad's "custom" sound's .xml into local/english/<...>.

Tried this also earlier, good call. :thumbsup: Have not tried with another person. Does this causes no connection loss for altered files? Do we not need an empty local folder for normal games with the AC on? What if we run Brettz mod, do we add it to it, ask permission, where do we go?

Rad`s method does not give us a global solution to adding sounds to GRAW2 as a mod or a custom_level. But it will work. This cannot be the solution, no ideas here though. <_<

Nice 1 Rad

:)

Tinker thank mate, and no, I've had the mod for 3 weeks and I had no problems (altered files).

no you don't need to empty local folder for normal games. and yes if brettz has files in the local folder I must add one line to the xml file to make brettz mod work.

Hi Rad. This topic seems to be generating some interest!

Guess it better work after all ;)

Look forward to having a test tonight.

Dav.

PS. pls fogive my misuse of terms...I get confused with all the variations: mods and custom_levels, maps and misisons, coop and [GR].

Perhaps we need a wiki entry !

Mate. I don't care, because it works.

The proof is in the pudding, just wait and be patient ,

That's great for you, why did you bother to msg me in the first place then?

I tried a few things tonight but still no luck getting my bundle to play the sounds. I did however, split out the wavebanks and soundbanks into a seperate xml and then added an xi:include to call them in the sound/settings.xml file. Makes for a cleaner settings.xml in case I wanted to add more sounds, but doesn't solve the bundle issue. I'm not sure what is gained from having them in a bundle other then making it one big file, but it would be nice.

In the wavebank section:

<xi:include href="bp_banks.xml#xpointer(/to_include/wavebanks/*)"/>

and in the soundbank section:

<xi:include href="bp_banks.xml#xpointer(/to_include/soundbanks/*)"/>

Seems like when you have the game looking at the mod bundle via the context.xml, it's not recognizing the data/sound folder in there, but it sees everything else such as objects, textures, units, etc.

My .wavs have always been in data/sounds/ I don't get it. What's the big secret?

• 2 weeks later...