Direct Join for GRAW?

Here's a good question from today's GR.net mailbag.

I need some help please, I'm sure you are familiar with the original
Ghost Recon game where you setup a game on a server on your own local
computer and others could join and play with you if they had your IP
address, I'd like to be able to do the same with GRAW and GRAW 2.... I'm trying to prepare for the day that the servers are shut down and you can no longer play online.

Voobly doesn't support GRAW and neither does GameRanger, is there an alternative?

• 10 months later...

I use this and it is incredibly easy and good. Using it on Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. There are servers there GRAW 1 GRAW2;)

http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=en

Thanks, the word is that Gamespy is shutting down all its servers May 31th, 2014. We will be checking out Tunngle.

Edited by mexicobob

That may change with Gamespy closing i know that Gameranger seems to want to cover what people have lost. We will see what happens. Also maybe the community can build one. The SWAT4 community did and made their own server monitor.

I use this and it is incredibly easy and good. Using it on Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. There are servers there GRAW 1 GRAW2;)

http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=en

Thanks, the word is that Gamespy is shutting down all its servers May 31th, 2014. We will be checking out Tunngle.

After a lot of trying, Tunngle does not work with GRAW 2. But Hamachi does.

Hmm,, but it says above tungle does work with GRAW2.

We really need to get to the bottom of this so I can publicize how GRAW and GRAW2 gamers can continue after Gamespy shuts.....

Well, we tried for 5 days trying to get it to work with no luck! Hamachi loaded right up in 5 minutes.

We just can not get to use our rented Public Server. :rant:​

Edited by mexicobob

Hummmmm, now I know why a lot of the servers disappeared on graw2, but there are still a few playing, is Gamespy closing all the servers eventually?

I definitely would like to continue playing graw2 somewhere? Are those being mentioned supporting multiplayer? This is my favorite...

I don't know about the newer version of Hamachi we always used 1.0.1.5 that one always seemed to work no matter what. been a long time siince I had to use it tho. Also Wippien worked if i remember right its free as well. Anyone wanna test out Evolve with me? I am gonna reinstall my GRAW2 loi test it. Ill post up my evolved IP once i get setup.

GRAW 2 Vanilla installed (steam install)

installed Evolve ip is 10.105.181.2

Name is NFMZ1 add me up if you would like to test out Evolve.

Edited by twcrash

There's only so much a Koala can bare :o= But hey, I'll try to get the community together one more time

Hummmmm, now I know why a lot of the servers disappeared on graw2, but there are still a few playing, is Gamespy closing all the servers eventually?

I definitely would like to continue playing graw2 somewhere? Are those being mentioned supporting multiplayer? This is my favorite...

Try gamediggers.net I've been hosting this game since it came out, we are a friendly community and welcome all people from all around the world :cheers:

Yes, on May 31st GameSpy is closing down ALL its servers. Hamachi works playing LAN, have not found a service that works with our public paid server!

You don't need a VPN when playing on a local network, "hamachi works" On routable IP's :yes:

I don't know about the newer version of Hamachi we always used 1.0.1.5 that one always seemed to work no matter what. been a long time siince I had to use it tho. Also Wippien worked if i remember right its free as well. Anyone wanna test out Evolve with me? I am gonna reinstall my GRAW2 loi test it. Ill post up my evolved IP once i get setup.

GRAW 2 Vanilla installed (steam install)

installed Evolve ip is 10.105.181.2

Name is NFMZ1 add me up if you would like to test out Evolve.

Once again Hamachi works, I have tested it, I've been administrating virtual servers for cloud services for ten years, I know what I'm talking about, it helps if you own and run it on a routable IP, I have three subnets with 13 IP's One of which I reserve for GRAW2 however...

If the community doesn't get it's ass into gear and team up, I will have no alternative but to run some other service, I make money from dedicated services and IP's rented with services cost an extra 20 bucks a month.

I don't mind dedicating an IP to GRAW2 but if we keep fragmenting this game and the community behind it will be lost, shame really because it's the best Special Forces game I have ever played - err... next to the holy grail that is OGR and we all know what happen to that, gameranger lucky dip, I have it installed but I don't see any OGR games.

- JH

Edited by struth__

• 2 weeks later...

We have rented a VDS server from FPSHosting.net and have Hamachi runing on it along with GRAW2 and it is working great. We have 32 slots also. We are good to go! WE played on both servers last night and all went well.