Do you still hold faith in GR2PC?

Sup

Do you think GR2-PC will actually come out.  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a strong feeling there will be a GR product coming out this year for the PC. ATM what it will be (GR2 or soemthing else) I don't know, but just like I was eagerly waiting a PC sequel a year ago I'm still just as eager now. :)

yup, i had lost any faith until i saw what they did with xbox. many of us crit the xbox version. but i say look closer at it, real close. you can just "feel" where it can truly go with Red Storm behind it. unless there was some massive issues, i think all will be well. what ever name GR2 is given.

p.s. and i mean close, just listen to the engine click away, note those all important little things, and keep in you mind that most of our sound card our power the xbox ( obvious exaduration about the sound card thing ).

Sup I edited the "and be a worthwhile tactical-shooter?" part out of your Poll Question as it was two questions for one poll, if you want it back in let me know but I think it is clearer this way.

Voted no.

As I said earlier after the news about the UBI 2005/2006 releases came out I think they will not release the GR2 on which they were working (if we may believe them :D, do we still believe UBI?)

I think the PC version was so bad they decided to drop it since it would only cause the PC community to freak out. Leaving GR maybe forever.

Now if they make a PC version all over and call it GR 3 and put in the things this community wants GR 3 will be a succes.

What would you do if you were a company? Release a 2 version close to the console versions knowing it would knock down the PC users? Or decide to silently drop it, start working on a PC version (completely new) make it how many would want it and only after making it for PC making it a port.

Dont ask/tell me a company will never stop developing something like this cause of the money involved. They already made the money with the console versions. So dropping the PC version will make sure those peeps will stay for GR 3 (so getting their money in the end :D) and they can stop putting money in a game which is doomed to fail since it is completely off the PC gamers wishes.

This is all just my thought, it has absolutely no founding other than combining all info we have seen about GR 2 (PC???? and console), only I think I am correct about this. So, I really dont feel the need to defend my opinion if some people tell me my facts are not correct.

:thumbsup:

I agree with el nino foxhound..........

however..

It would be nice and very honorable of ubi or rse or whatever they are now. It would be very nice and honorable if they were to FESS UPPPPP about the situation. And to say "look we have decided to start work on an entirely new sequel which will debute on the pc. The work will be entirely new such that we have decided to call it GR3."

At this point in time they have absolutely no reason not to mention SOMETHING about whats going on. They don't have to show us details of a finished or unfinished product. JUST LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR DAMN INTENTIONS ALREADY!!

We have lives that we would like to get back to. Having this thing about gr2 pc in the back of our minds is annoying and taxing. It would be nice if we can focus more of our leisure time towards other games in the meantime or plan mod developments accordingly. But we can't.

Cause we're still holding onto hope here. State your intentions toward the pc ubi/rse. We will either be happy or throw tantrums but at least after some time has passed be able to move on.

What do ya think? I am not being unreasonable here. <_<

Edited by Stalker_Zero

As much as I think the XBOX missions on GR2 were lame and linear I still think even a port of that game would make money in the PC market as it still has the MP aspect and the other SP game types. I'm not holding my breath for GR2 PC as UBI/RSE has pretty much screwed over the PC crowd with their stupid secret PR about GR2. If it's over for GR2 they should let the community know so we can move on. No need to have $50 waiting for GR2 if it's not going to happen. :nono:

I think yes, although they didnt annouce it on their release schedule they did announce it last time already, and a ubi rep has already clarified this, so as gr.net have "seen" it in developement (and where is that report?!) and the fact that RSE devs have said its in development i think it will come out, but i do have my doubts because of the fact they will not give us any info at all which is even weirder as their release schedule has the game down for being out within 3 or 4 months :nono:

I dont think we are going to see GR2, not the same one as Xbox anyways, weather that means a version of GR3 or something else all togeather is a toss up. Id put my money on a near too port of GR3 xbox2 tho, which I think will be closer to its roots then GR2 was.

This is how I see it, ubi shows no intention of telling us anything anytime soon. E3 is the logical time, and we can be pretty sure GR3 is going to be there. If they want it for a holiday release they need to show it off. E3 isent till the end of may, so even if they show off a GR PC there, they need time to market it and get its name out there. One would assume (however this is ubi...) that they would want atleast 3 months to do that, so we would be looking at a fall release at the earliest, that is too soon to the launch of GR3, even if the PC version isent out on time (it wont be).

Anyway you look at it we wont be seeing any form of GR on PC for a long time to come, and with resources going into GR3 at the same time that just dosent make any sense, unless GR3 is really more of an expansion pack. (same game, new maps)

What I could see happening is GR3 being nothing more then the PS2 version on Xbox and Xbox version on PS2, redone with the respectable engines. '

either way this whole situation is a mess, and confusing just like this post. E3 will tell me what Im going to do as a PC gamer, if GRPC makes no showing Im just going to walk, if it shows up as nothing more than a port of GR3 consol, Im going to walk. If it dosent offer the PC community what we need, (modding abilities and such, the new IGOR) Im not going to bother with it, that would be a slap in the face to this whole community, the people here, at GR.net.

I love the RSE guys so much, hopefully ubi lets them do what they are so freaking good at.

Hi all, my first post here...

Well even that i'm not an hardcore GR player, i had i hopes for GR2... one of my most wanted titles. But wake up, there will never be an GR2. I think they (that is a decison from UBI AND RSE) skipped GR2 PC for GR3 as a launchtitle for xbox2 (xmas 05?) and maybe then we will get a PC version.

If GR2 is planned to release this spring or summer the marketing guys would do a little more promotion, not already the big ad campaign, but interviews and stuff like that like it was for xbox, but there is nothing.

The sad think is that they don't have the courage (do you say balls?) to tell the community that there will be no GR2 PC.

What is better to tell the ppl who put so much time and hopes in GR and waiting for GR2 that there will be no GR2 and everybody wishes UBI to hell or simply say nothing!?!

My tip: You have to wait till 2006 when GR3 for PC will be released (maybe...)

Shame on RSE and UBI!!!

Hey, lets all just say the stuff over and over, and it will magically apear!

:rolleyes:

They were developing a GR for the PC. It was said to NOT be a port of GR2 ps, and Xturd(if it was a port, why would it take this long? It wouldn't). Therefore, by deductive reasoning, we can say that it was a completely different game that they were developing. Time passed, it was not complete(this is based on the information gathered from various sources stating the discontent of individuals who beta tested it(hear-say)) and so, most likely needed more developement. More time passed. It is now time to kick out a new title for the xturd2, which will most likely be even more pc-like that it's predecessor. Taking all of that into account, it only makes perfect sense that GR2PC will be ported for the new xturd, and released for PC as GR3. The fact that GR3 was announced, simply puts the nails in the coffin, so to speak. Only time will tell, but that seems to me to be the most logical explaination.

The publisher is purposely holding back the PC advertising campaign for fear of cannibalizing their overlapping markets between console & desktop. This is really what the NDA is all about- not allowing info to leak out that would damage sales of the products on the shelf in anticipation of the next improvement to the genre, ie. pc version of the same software. They usually wait about 6 months for the sales to decline. At the point they anticipate greater sales with the new product, the advertising begins. I am guessing sometime just before E3 but maybe E3 will be the advertising.

All companies that sell cross-platform software do this to varying degrees. In recent times it has become worse with the cross-platform development systems like Havok, Renderware etc. Be assured that in order for code to run on any console, it has to be compiled and tested on at least a PC emulator before it even makes it to a test cd. So there is always always always a PC version for each build - you simply cant compile code on a playstation or xb, only download it to the console and execute the binary there.

If you look on Havok's website, you will see this page (updated today) of titles where GR2 is still listed:

http://www.havok.com/clients/titles.php

Lack of advertising means nothing with euro publishers selling to north american markets. Just because there is no marketing doesn't mean theres no game. In fact, if you look at the track record of successful titles from european publishers in north america, very few are backed up with the kind of advertising a us publisher provides. Hmm, I dont remember ever seeing a GR 1 commercial for PC , tho maybe Xbox. Expect the same kind of brilliant marketing from across the water...and you wont be dissapointed.

As for how the game plays, I have no doubt it will be better than whats out there right now. It will be effectively guaranteed if they ship modding tools similar to GR1 ;)

Relax. GR2 is coming out. They will lose millions if it doesn't. They just want to rake in the Xbox millions first.

Attn Xbox owners:

Thats what happens when you buy your kid an Xbox and you own a PC. :stupid:

The publisher is purposely holding back the PC advertising campaign for fear of cannibalizing their overlapping markets between console & desktop. This is really what the NDA is all about- not allowing info to leak out that would damage sales of the products on the shelf in anticipation of the next improvement to the genre, ie. pc version of the same software.

:nono: Not a valid argument here.

The same company is releasing Splinter Cell: CT on ALL platforms at the end of this week. This game is highly rated (expected to do VERY well) and has a large fan base across multiple platforms.

Yet they are releasing all versions together. Why would they not be worried about that title cutting into sales? I own a PS2, but will be purchasing Splinter Cell on PC. So they lose console money on me but gain PC money...

The difference though between SC:CT and GR2 is SC:CT is basically the exact same game on all platforms (ie a fairly straight port with per platform adjustments). GR2 PC isn't a straight up port and probably a much superior game to the Xbox version, you bet releaseing the superior version later would get some people to buy both.

, you bet releaseing the superior version later would get some people to buy both.

Due to Ubi's mess of this, bear in mind some people will buy neither.

:stupid:

I may have mistaken Harntrox's argument a bit...

He is operating under the premise that GR2 PC is going to be so much better than its console counterpart that releasing it during the same time as console sales would kill console sales (cause everyone would want the "better" version).

I guess that is a valid argument if we believe that GR2 PC is really that different from the console versions...

<_< I guess only time will tell...

Edited by en4rcment