Map crashing...

dogcrap

Im haveing a problem booting map "bogie pollux day v.2"...

after wanting to join mission... the map thats booted is map "coop waterplant"..

then I get this crash report...

Error in application : Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

what is going wrong ?? do I have to delete map "coop waterplant"??

These type of crashes doesn't give you much idea as to the cause.

As it's crashing when loading make sure you don't have any older versions of the same map in your custom_levels folder.

It could also be that you have reached the limit as to how many maps you can have installed, try removing some of the bundles other than the ones that you are trying to load.

This crash can also occur when the PC is running low on resources, I don't think this is the case here as it normally happens when you are playing a mission.

Both the coop waterplant and Bogie Pollux don't usually give any problems.

These type of crashes doesn't give you much idea as to the cause.

As it's crashing when loading make sure you don't have any older versions of the same map in your custom_levels folder.

It could also be that you have reached the limit as to how many maps you can have installed, try removing some of the bundles other than the ones that you are trying to load.

This crash can also occur when the PC is running low on resources, I don't think this is the case here as it normally happens when you are playing a mission.

Both the coop waterplant and Bogie Pollux don't usually give any problems.

tkx John.. have to check if there are any doublets of maps in my custom level folder ..

but if there arent... why does map " waterplant" start when I want to play " pollux" .. ?

You have 96 bundle files in your custom_levels folder? :o

IMO that's far to many, I normally have around 10 in mine, best thing is to keep them to a minimum as the game needs to load all the information so it can display the maps in the sever list, it looks at the world.xml then loads all files needed, when you have all those bundle files in your game it's bound to cause problems, after all you can only play one map at a time.

I would remove most of them and try the mission that is giving you problems again. :thumbsup:

not bundle files ... single maps ...have always loaded single maps only .. and you need em to play .. dont understand ..

if no maps .. always have to load again .. when a map changes .. ?

has always worked so far !!just this one map wont load .. loads "waterplant " instead of "Pollux".. then game crashes ..

The thing is that each bundle file can contain more than one mission, the bundle "Bastion de Pollux" contains 12 missions even though there is only one map. But, the game sees them as 12 separate missions.

The problem isn't the amount of bundle file but the amount of separate missions (not maps) you have installed.

There has been a lot of discussion about how many separate missions we can have installed at one time before it starts to cause problems.

Reaching the limit on the amount of missions

Another reason for asking you to remove some of the bundle files is to eliminate the "to many missions" crash which can give the error you posted, if after removing some of the bundle file the game still crashes then we will know this isn't the problem.

First thing to make sure you don't have any old version of the same maps (with the same name) in your custom_levels folder, which you said you have already done.

Each bundle file has it's own name and should reflect the name of the mission, coop_bogie_pollux_v2.bundle contains the Pollux missions.

After that just delete any bundle file you don't use but leave in the two that are causing problems. I would remove at least half of them then test the map that is giving you problems again, if all is well you know that you had to many missions installed.

If it still crashes then remove them all apart from the Waterplant and Pollux maps, if it works ok then just keep re-adding your bundles and testing the mission until you start having problems.

It's just a process of elimination to find which map is causing a conflict.