Fix the UAV (Petition)

So you unlock the standard UAV pretty early on in the game, like level 4 & only the Engineer class can use it. First thing I would like to point out is that having a UAV on top of 2 senor grenades is overkill. You are constantly detecting the enemies which frustrates them and makes the game not worth playing. So here is how I think it should be.

Unlock the UAV at level 20

You have to be out of your spawn to deploy it (about 5-10 feet away from your spawn)

The battery life of the UAV should only last 1-2 minutes

The battery has to recharge which should be 2-5 minutes

You cannot just leave it in the air while you go and fight people, you have to control it the whole time or call it back. If you don't call it back it blows up instantly.

Once it is destroyed you have to wait one or two respawn cycles for it be available (optional)

There must be a range on it, say like 10-15 feet from where you are controlling it. That only counts for the distance. For the height it can only go 15-20 feet high.

On the mini-radar it will show the person using the UAV as a red diamond (optional)

This will decrease the spamming and annoyance of the UAV. And bring some tactical warfare into the game. Of course there is the option of just shooting it down or using a EMP grenade to take it out, but once the enemy respawns then it is back up again. I have even had a match where 4 UAV's were around and sensor grenades thrown all over so we couldn't do anything. So these ideas I think would really help with the game.

Edited by DarkJediMasterX

Or (and this is just a suggestion) you could learn how to deal with it. Work with your friends and develop counters and retaliations.

It is not just the detection of the UAV, its how the UAV is as a whole and the flexibility it gives its controller. I think these ideas would work great and really make the game more tactical, not a detection noob fest.

First and formost to the jedi guy. Your complaints are obviously warranted and I agree 100%. there is a but but I'll wait to release it.

Second to the sgt guy. like the jedi you've been on this forum for all of a few weeks. Shut up and go play call of duty.

Jedi here's my but. Like Sgt. You've been on this site for a short time. Which lets me know this may be your first bout with Ghost Recon. If you think this is your only issue for making this game better and more tactical you, too, should go play call of duty.

Hey MasterKain,

Your argument makes absolutely zero sense. You tell 'em go play CoD. Why would they do that when they're complaining about UAVs? I think they have a right to complain when their hard-earned money is wasted, unless of course they're a bunch of x-box kiddies who get games for presents all the time.

MasterKain, you have been a member here long enough to know that everyone has the right to express their opinion.

So with that in mind I ask you not to tell other members to "Shut up and go play call of duty" this is no way to treat anyone especially new members.

Or (and this is just a suggestion) you could learn how to deal with it. Work with your friends and develop counters and retaliations.

It is not just the detection of the UAV, its how the UAV is as a whole and the flexibility it gives its controller. I think these ideas would work great and really make the game more tactical, not a detection noob fest.

I agree with some of your ideas. However, I think the insta destruction (what if the person is detected and has to move?), range, and recharge rate are going a little too far.

And why show the guy using the UAV? That just makes it too easy.

I agree with some of your ideas. However, I think the insta destruction (what if the person is detected and has to move?), range, and recharge rate are going a little too far.

Well the instant destruction would be so the UAV can't just sit in the sky to detect people. You do prove a good point, so then I would change it to if the person doesn't call it back within 1-2 minutes then it blows up. That sounds like a good time I think :) A UAV can go pretty high and zoom in so the range shouldn't be to much of a issue. The recharge rate may seem to long but it would require the Engineer to use a different form of action which makes the game more tactical in my opinion. But 2 minute recharge could be just as good :) The showing of the guy using the UAV could be easy, but you would have to be close to him to see the diamond icon. Sort of like the mortar in BF3, but that "show the UAV guy" is optional.

Sgt. SuperSanity is 100% correct. Like I posted earlier.. This is about teamwork and coordination. There are easy counters to, especially, the engineer class.

Well the instant destruction would be so the UAV can't just sit in the sky to detect people. You do prove a good point, so then I would change it to if the person doesn't call it back within 1-2 minutes then it blows up. That sounds like a good time I think :) A UAV can go pretty high and zoom in so the range shouldn't be to much of a issue. The recharge rate may seem to long but it would require the Engineer to use a different form of action which makes the game more tactical in my opinion. But 2 minute recharge could be just as good :) The showing of the guy using the UAV could be easy, but you would have to be close to him to see the diamond icon. Sort of like the mortar in BF3, but that "show the UAV guy" is optional.

Not bad ideas. Though I still don't like the idea of the UAV user showing up on the minimap. It would stop people from using it, as they'd be hunted down as easy targets. If the maps were bigger (say... Caspian Border from console BF3) it wouldn't be such a problem.

Not bad ideas. Though I still don't like the idea of the UAV user showing up on the minimap. It would stop people from using it, as they'd be hunted down as easy targets. If the maps were bigger (say... Caspian Border from console BF3) it wouldn't be such a problem.

I do have to agree that if the maps were much larger this really wouldnt be an issue. I to am not a fan of all the detection though im getting use to it. I just find it kinda annoying every 60 seconds on ave of getting detected in some way shape or form. Im sure this will die down some once more people get a handle on the multiplayer including myself.

Edited by Blindsight

If you dont like them, just shoot them down.

I've been playing only 2 days and I have sorted that out. Just shoot them down... Or shoot the cameras set by Scouts.. it's that easy...

Shooting the UAV is not that easy when the guns aren't accurate when you shoot from a distance and the UAV moves fast. Cameras are easy.

All this crying is so immature, I gotta agree with MasterKain's other half of the sentence, ridiculous whining...

Well, you dont read very well Blame. I dont recall whining nor did I here DarkJedi whine in anyway. He was stating what he thought wasnt good and what could be a better option for the UAV and/or detection all around. To me it was a logical explaination of what could maybe work better. Then again maybe it wouldnt. But he was wondering what others thought and if it would be a more tactical approach. You on the other hand have reacted immaturely to others opinions and thoughts of the game so far. And not just this one thread. You need to learn how to respect people regardless of there opinion or you will never get it in return.

Shooting the UAV is not that easy when the guns aren't accurate when you shoot from a distance and the UAV moves fast. Cameras are easy.

Have you completed the Campaign Mode on elite settings? I'd like to say that I'm on the last mission on elite settings and I have learned alot about the game. The game plays at amazing speed. Players that can play at these extreme speeds could care less if they are detected. In the 10th or 11th mission in the campaign on elite settings, you are challenged to tear through 5 levels full of mobs in two minutes flat. Players that can accomplish that, and I will soon, could care less about being detected. So it is either shooting the detection devices, or moving at speeds that it does not matter.

I agree with jedi and with many others. I do like your suggestions but mostly as a directional ones as all of those as they are written might be a bit too much, but maybe some tweaks to them or some feature off it would be pretty balanced so good job indeed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Site is certainly well maintained. It is much appreciated! On the topic at hand, In my experience I believe the uav and the sensors are pretty good balancers for the Engineer class early on. It is aggravating to be detected most of the time in some matches, but that will keep you on your toes too. The engineer class is the weakest class in my opinion because the guns are pea shooters and the shottys have minimal range. I do believe the drones should be disabled in Siege mode however, especially the ucav! That thing has become a server killer! Just my opinions...