My First re-textured Ghosts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good for a start!! :thumbsup: (my first skin was lot worse)

now get your hands on retexturing the body armor (the most difficult part in skinning).

also try out some camos you took from pics.

How do i do that? :blink:

:D I would also like to know:

How to change the color of the gloves?

How to put color on the goggles?

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Gen.Montgomery

Sorry about that, i had problems opening the IT RSBs. I'm a fan of tiger stripes, thats why i retextured the operatives from GR1. But i was able to open the RSB files for IT from Dog-Zebras untucked pants mod and retextured it. So here's the result of my retexturing:

1630f765.jpg

Dog-Zebras IT & Wildcats Tigerstripes

:)

Edited by Gen.Montgomery

looking good for a start!! :thumbsup: (my first skin was lot worse)

now get your hands on retexturing the body armor (the most difficult part in skinning).

also try out some camos you took from pics.

I got a pic of a buttpack and pasted it. It's not as clear and perfect

as supposed to be, but it's a start. Here's the screenshot of the

retextured buttpack:

9e8b519d.jpg

:)

NICE JOB!!!!!

Very nice.. Good job you did there... About the sharpness, did you do it 1024x1024? If you didn`t, that would explain that... It`s not to many who use real pics in their skins, I think more people should.. It`s not to hard... Patience is the keyword here :shifty: But anyways, good work..

Here's another one, but with a different vest.

Not perfectly made though, im still a newbie.  :D

Don't mind the color of the vest, its just a test.

i'm still practicing. I got the vest that way, im

still looking for a vest picture with a perfect color.  :wacko:

c310a432.jpg

Edited by Pingvinx

The General is going geek on us. Very nice start. For your butt pack, sometimes just messing with the lighting/contrast under filters menu can bring out the detail--apply it only to buttpack, before adding it onto the rsb(unless you're good with the lasso tool in outlining it once it's on the rsb/psd file). An easy way to change glove colors is to use rectangle tool, use it to outline the gloves area, go to filters, go to hue/saturation/lightness filter, click on it, when box pops up, put a check mark(click) in little box that says colorize next to it. Then just adjust sliders until you get desired results. If you want to make gloves tigerstripe pattern, you have to make a pattern sample from wildcat's tiger and then you can use fill with pattern option (set to multiply in options). I find it works best if you use the hue/saturation/lightness filter first to turn gloves to a grey color before applying pattern fill. For vest, I liked making a template of the vest. Highlight the vest you want, click copy, then go to file menu, click new, when window pops up, make sure background box is set to transparent. Paste your vest into it, name file vest_template or whateverelse you may want to call it. You can then use eraser tool or lasso tool to get rid of uniform/clothes the vest came with, so you only have the vest itself in the new file, then save. Now open the vest file, and use paintbrush or you can use lasso tool and fill with color option (set it to normal, not multiply) and color (again I preferred grey-medium color) over the camo portions but not the straps of the vest. Once done, save it. Now you have a template you can use over and over, as you try out different camo uniforms (you'll need to make a different template for each different model ie vest-rifleman, vest-demo etc). I used the ruler tool to see where bottom of vest came to on original rsb, so when doing new rsb I would have correct placement of vest. Doing it this way allowed me to change vest to different colors or different camo pattern. I no longer have photoshop--I learned this while using the 30 day trial, so this is from memory.

NICE JOB!!!!!

Very nice.. Good job you did there... About the sharpness, did you do it 1024x1024? If you didn`t, that would explain that... It`s not to many who use real pics in their skins, I think more people should.. It`s not to hard... Patience is the keyword here :shifty:  But anyways, good work..

Thank you very much sir!! But, How do i make it 1024x1024??

I took the pics from the internet and resized them (small) to fit certain parts. I didn't know other options on doin this and that. So I just paste pics on top of the RSB and use the lasso tool. Thanks to TRC, i've learned that there are other options.

:thumbsup:

U got msn, monty?

NICE JOB!!!!!

Very nice.. Good job you did there... About the sharpness, did you do it 1024x1024? If you didn`t, that would explain that... It`s not to many who use real pics in their skins, I think more people should.. It`s not to hard... Patience is the keyword here :shifty:  But anyways, good work..

Thank you very much sir!! But, How do i make it 1024x1024??

I took the pics from the internet and resized them (small) to fit certain parts. I didn't know other options on doin this and that. So I just paste pics on top of the RSB and use the lasso tool. Thanks to TRC, i've learned that there are other options.

:thumbsup: