Rahnman's mod with online campaign crashes

Rykers

Hi all,

I have been playing online coop with a friend using the brilliant Rahnman's mod (thanks Rahnman, great piece of work) and everything has been fine, apart from the 'Z' bug which caught me out a couple of times until I found the reason for it.

We recently tried playing the Cartel campaign with the mod running and my friend crashes to desktop when he tries to join my server. We also tried the original campaign with the mod and same problem.

Installed GRAW2 on my spare PC and hosted a game and tried to join with the mod over my LAN and same problem again. This rules out what I thought might be the problem of his copy being a Steam copy and his OS being Vista. Both my PC's games are from the disc and both running XP SP3.

We can both play the Cartel campaign fine if we don't run Rahnman's mod and finished mission 1 last night just fine. (Thanks John, brilliant work and looking forward to playing the rest)

I can play with the mod and in campaign mode offline just fine, just seem to get it when he tries to join in online mode. Is this just 'one of those things', or is there anything we can do about it?

We both have GRAW2 v1.05 and Rahnman's mod v4.01.

Thanks for any suggestions, or even a 'don't bother, it doesn't work' would be helpful. The mod is great as I don't need to select single shot and the shotgun is just awesome, but we can live with the stock weapons if we have to as the campaign was so good to play. Just would be nice to use the mod as we like the mix and match style of weps available.

Cheers.

Rykers.

Hi Rykers,

I think there was a problem with the older versions of Rahn's weapon mod but I thought he fixed it with the latest release when playing a campaign.

Sorry but I can't help you out here as I only make missions/maps but I hope Rahn can offer you a solution.

Good luck,

John

Thanks for that John.

Saw in the mod readme that it was also for campaign play, so maybe we've done something wrong. I made sure anti-cheat was off on the server options too in case that could cause any prolems with the mod.

Hopefully Rahn might see this and offer a solution like you said.

Riley, thanks for that, lol. We plan on doing the campaign some nights and OGR missions on others. Seeing as John went to all that work, it seems only fair to play his campaign all the way through. :)

Cheers for the swift replies.

Rykers.

Ah, thanks John, I'll do that.

And Riley, I think you meant play more of the original game rather than the coop missions in GRAW2. Having followed the link on your reply to see what it was, I've downloaded Claiming Liberty with the intention of installing Ghost Recon again sometime soon and giving it a go. Thanks for that. :)

Cheers.

Rykers.

hi

i installed Rahnmans v4.01 mod and think its amazing

however i keep trying to play a campaign mission on the lan however i keep getting:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

as soon as the weapon screen appears. this however does not happen to the host.

an ideas will be appreciated

thanks

Edited by nadama

Last time I looked we had a section on here somewhere for discussing GR.

I do believe this is the GR:AW2 forums. :offtopic:

Sorry John. I've sold my wife and kids for a camel and am about to set off for 40 days and nights in Wisbeach as penance. :'(