Maps But No Mod.....

RileyFletcher_01

I found some great maps in Heroes Unleashed. They seem to be from a campaign and they are titled things like 'S01 TV Station', 'S02 Militia Compound', 'S03 Warehouse'. Briefings indicate the location as Lebanon and Southern Africa. I would like to use these in a future add-on to our TOS mod.

Really? You're going to play the copyright card now? This isn't a full game being distributed for free, it's a small part of an ancient game. At this stage who gives two hoots if a small portion of an old game is incorporated into a mod to help keep GR alive. Lets face if SOAF is a Ghost Recon mod LOL!

Infact, if I really wanted to get into a debate about it now, I'd say there is no difference in including those maps or any of the existing Ghost Recon maps, they are all assets that belong to Redstorm/Ubisoft and they encourage modding so really, I can't believe we are still debating this point.

Just enjoy them, live's too short to fall out over this.

Really? You're going to play the copyright card now? This isn't a full game being distributed for free, it's a small part of an ancient game. At this stage who gives two hoots if a small portion of an old game is incorporated into a mod to help keep GR alive. Lets face if SOAF is a Ghost Recon mod LOL!

Infact, if I really wanted to get into a debate about it now, I'd say there is no difference in including those maps or any of the existing Ghost Recon maps, they are all assets that belong to Redstorm/Ubisoft and they encourage modding so really, I can't believe we are still debating this point.

Just enjoy them, live's too short to fall out over this.

Okay "boss"!

0-0, let's use these SOAF climbing animations in your Spetsnaz mod, you're allowed to!

Alright, thanks Rocky, thanks, just wondering why other peoples in the past got a no-go for using SOAF stuff... Maybe it's just because that Apex is the official GR god? I mean, no disrespect at all, no offensive, but I just think that Apex could get even MORE, yes I know it sounds lame but really, god treatment! I remember a post for some months ago where I asked if I could loan some stuff, but I got a no-go. But oh right, Apex is the official GR god!

Not wanna go offensive here, but my post got a point. Why is Apex allowed to take SOAF stuff when I'm (or other people for example 0-0) not allowed to do it? I'm probably pretty annoying, but seriously, doesn't it look a bit stupid? But if that's how you wan't to do feel free, but maybe think a little more about it.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59796&hl=%2Bsoaf+%2Bpermission

Rocky, here you tell me that I'm not allowed to use them. Why is Apex then? I have heard about some mods that got removed from the download section because that they had SOAF stuff in it. But no-no, Apex's mod won't get that. Sigh.

You are confusing me or a lawyer or a permission giver on behalf go Ubisoft and I am neither. All I am stating is an opinion, what you decide to do is up to you no one else.

Is that why you have deleted some mods or one mod that contained SOAF stuff (as I remember someone told me)?

I am not dragging this out, beating a dead horse, or trying to get the last word in, but I want to say that I agree with my friend teppe 100%. Apex has always bent, stretched, and changed the rules to his liking in ways that would get anyone else shunned by the community. It's your own loss though; teppe, 0-0, and I would have given you some great mods if we had been allowed to "make this good old game live longer" by using illegal content.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01