What's to like in GR:FS?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can understand some wariness, all the announcements we've had for PC have been positive:

1. there will be a PC release
  2. the PC release has it's own dev team
  3. the DRM will be simple Windows like activation
  4. the release date will be 15 June
  5. there will be DirectX 11 render candy
  6. system specifications are quite reasonable

None of these is cause for cynicism, we really don't have a single word as to how GR:FS PC will differ from the console games other then the render back-plane, so minimally the game should look and perform better on most DirectX 11 capable PC's up to spec then it does on either console.

If we're lucky there are a slew of things that PC might get that have never been part and parcel of console games, but have been part of every Ghost Recon PC game including: stand alone dedicated servers, and mod tools.

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

well it seems that once again, this has turned into nothing more than a bashing session. last time i checked this was a POSITIVES thread not a negatives thread. <_<

Yeah you guys have just hijacked a thread desiged to be positive one for fans of the Future Soldier game. What's wrong with you guys?

well it seems that once again, this has turned into nothing more than a bashing session. last time i checked this was a POSITIVES thread not a negatives thread. <_<

What Alex said.

There is enough anti GR:FS going on as it is, only post here what you like about the game.

After all this is a fan site.

Just to take things back around the mountain and on target...

mod tools.

That would be great but wouldn't this cause issues with Ubisoft's game launcher.

How so?

:blink:

And...

Different 'modified' files detected perhaps?

No, there's absolutely no reason that mod support on any game engine, especially so one that's a derivative of Unreal Engine 2.5 would obviate DRM or any cheat protection -- internal or 3rd party.

Unreal Tournament (2003, 2004, and 3), America's Army, Red Orchestra, all offer extensive mod support, and in the case of the latter two games extensive mods of the Unreal Engine, and in all cases DRM and cheat protection work as well or better then any other game by allowing mods to run checked against the server.

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

you can use it on your pissy now! :)

Gunsmith

i can't though, Unity web player isn't Linux Compatible :'(

Aww, what game? Ghost Recon launched by Steam perhaps?

Where you aiming that at me? if so, any launcher based game, none of them work, i press launch/start/play game (dependent on launcher), nothing happens gave up in the end. unless it's GR online, then i get the drivers crap.

Edited by Zeealex

One of the only reasons I'd buy this game is because of the Gunsmith feature. One thing they did right. That looks pretty fun.

Someone mentioned they should of had moving targets on the test range, that would of been fun. Many are complaining about the competitive multiplayer, but the campaign and guerilla mode sound like heaps of fun with gunsmith. In some ways it remids me of GRIN's weapon loadout screen in GRAW, slightly :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was just gifted a Gamespot 'Total Access' Membership, which I've yet to figured out what value that offers as I'm not really much of a Gamespot User, but it did inspire me to have a look at what Gamespot might have to reveal about GR:FS, and the  screen shot and concept art archive there is enormous and if it's even fractionally representative of what the game has to offer -- there will at least be a lot of the atmosphere of the original Ghost Recon. There's also four video shorts here that appear (maybe I've just missed them elsewhere) to be Gamespot exclusives that show some nice looking maps.

:unsure:  

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like the console versions of GR:FS are getting cracking good reviews... Though it remains to be seen if the Uplay service will play as nicely for PC Gamers, how the game will look with DirectX 11 renderer, and whether Gamers running Windows XP will even be able to play -- the news so far sounds good for PC Ghost Recon Fans that like what they're reading as the PC game is supposed to have feature parity with the consoles as far as game design.

The jury is still out for the PC; hopefully we get a range of graphics settings that include FOV, a choice of DirectX 9 or 10/11 renderer and some disable and/or configuration options for the post processing effects so the game will play nice with a wide rage of PCs and displays. It's frustrating position Ubisoft has left PC Fans with a game that has some obvious game design appeal but is already on sale, yet is still a black box in so many important regards...

:blink:

Edited by 101459

• 5 weeks later...

Next week comes the game for me! Now I look at the third person! ######! mental illness? Bushmaster and I hope other manufacturers do real FPS mode! Third abnormal person mode! Pure BF, CS, COD, etc.. Disgusting! 5 years doing crap? Why? Why do I need to do like all the rest? I waited five years for this game is crippled?

johntc02 !!!! Pls help me!

Please do a very fast FPS mod! Each player is requested from you GRAWE normal!

This is the third a very sick person!

this is a POSITIVES thread H_white... <_< all i saw there was complaining.

Do not opinions? Only praise! Ok! beautiful! smart you are! good! or perfect! The GRFS unfortunately made ​​COD, MOH, CS, etc. ..