Informative preview

Hi folks.

I have found this preview of the game to be well written and informative. It's not for PC but given the PC version is to be pretty much the same as console then it's a good indication of what to expect.

Enemy AI seems not to be the sharpest tool in the shed. :huh:

PREVIEW LINK

Not a bad write up but i'm suprised to read his opinion on the sound, he claims it was pretty average, but he doesn't explain on what sound system he was using?. And he says in that write up ..."Graphically, the GRFS looks like it should have been released two years ago. After seeing some of the trailers and gameplay shots of this title over the years, I was expecting mind-blowing, ground-breaking visuals. In all honesty… it’s forgettable. The graphics aren’t bad, but they certainly aren’t on par with some of the more impressive releases over the last year". It's not the only time i have read or heard someone say the Graphics are mediocre, i wonder if this is because of the monitor/tv in use?, i connected my PC monitor (ASUS VG236 120Hz 3D) to the XBOX 360 (HDMI) at about 3 feet away from the screen and looked great, but on my HDTV it looks different but much better the further away from the screen as possible (at least 6 feet away from screen). I'll just have to disagree with his opinion here but the PC version should look even better.

Nice to know there are night missions :)

"Both of the missions shown to journalists in Paris featured the loose, open-ended, multi-track approach that made the Ghost Recon series a hit to begin with. In one, the team was tasked with infiltrating a compound filled with Russian soldiers. Here, the progression was divided between scouting the terrain – using sensor grenades and a UAV drone – and positioning the squad to cause the maximum damage, then taking out multiple targets simultaneously. The players had dense foliage and the odd building to hide behind for the most part, but the level also featured a rather difficult boss battle in the form of a tank that rolled in midway.

The second mission was set at night and the squad started outside a Russian airfield. While infiltrating the grounds and picking up a package were the main objectives, stealth was the order of the day, as if one member of the team was spotted, the mission was over. To that end, the squad needed to stick to the shadows, take cover behind vehicles and containers parked on the runway and do everything they could to ensure that none of the bodies they left behind could be spotted".

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – multiplayer preview | Technology | guardian.co.uk

I'm not very impressed by the 'preview' -- it's highly opinionated, and has loads of filler language like the Author is lazy or is attempting to make a writing quota. I don't really want to bother with the obviously subjective review of the game's design, but the objective remarks about sound and graphic quality are highly suspect...

Perhaps the 'Previewer' expects sound to be of the bombastic Hollywooden sort where handguns sound like Naval artillery, characters are always over-acting and hysterical in some sort of incessant emotional tirade like the soap opera we see in so many 'narrative' games, and all the Foley is so over-processed a twig snap sounds like a 1000 ton Redwood being felled; realism and subtlety don't appear to be in the Previewer's vernacular.

Similarly it's difficult to fathom what the 'Previewer's' expectations are with respect to graphic render in a current generation realism game, and if he isn't perhaps guarding some sort of subjective preference for, or isn't paid to shill for some other game with over-the-top post-processing and camera SFX that conceals art asset and render capability that's no more advanced than what's offered in GR:FS...

I'd give 'Dom' a D- for his 'preview' for effort, objective insight, and agenda -- this is not good Journalism...

:blink:

Edited by 101459