Updated BDUs

shakealeg1212

Im looking for retextured or updated BDU woodland,desert,and jungle skins.

I know wildcat made updated woodlands but no deserts and the web gear wasnt retextured.

i will be using these for my personal mod so no worries that im going to rip anything off.

with all the retextured weapons and maps it only makes sense to have updated original bdus.

thanks

There were woodland and desert BDUs updated in Project Novo, i can compile them into a quick skin pack if you'd like. I've got the PSD and PNG files lying around too, so i can pull up a jungle one tomorrow evening for you and also there's the availability of changing the camo if you need a different one, i can implement that in for you too.

They have updated Webbing textures, using the BLACKHAWK! strike series molle plate carriers.

If you meant models, the best one i can point you to is CENTCOM which is access restricted, but I may be able to add a few models of my own into the game soon.

Screenie:
ScreenShot81-3.jpg

Edited by Zeealex

Thatd be great!

I'd like the woodland/desert/jungle. The new webbing is awesome so deff keep that in there.

As far as the camo, basically a retextured camo that stays faithful to the vanilla camo. The reason being nostalgia.

And btw awesome work on project novo. I actually was playing around with it earlier. Some of the best texture work I've ever seen

Thatd be great!

I'd like the woodland/desert/jungle. The new webbing is awesome so deff keep that in there.

As far as the camo, basically a retextured camo that stays faithful to the vanilla camo. The reason being nostalgia.

Awesome dude, of course, needs to be faithful to the game :) I'll just plug my harddisk in an scope them out. I'll compile the full skins into a zip now, so you can have a play about, or you could mooch them straight out of novo, whichever, both ways are free to use without permissions. I'm going to give these vests a good and proper clean up once I've finished college at 4pm (GMT)

If you happen to have original webbing retextures lying around I'd prefer those but if not the pr novo webbing

I have most of the Project novo webbings set out in transparent PNG format, some of them are in PSD format for extra expansions/future cleanups etc, I was meant to release them as mod resources a while back, I'll do that while I'm there. if you want the PSDs that's fine by me, they'll need some significant restructuring. 15 year old me wasn't very organized XD

They are grey colored for easier camo overlays so don't panic about that when you get them too :)

And btw awesome work on project novo. I actually was playing around with

it earlier. Some of the best texture work I've ever seen

thank you! I'm very grateful to hear that you liked it, any desert stuff was made by wombat50, so be sure to pass any complements to the desert chef too! ;) i'll be working on Project Novo again, hopefully Saturday provided I can get a working VM set up.

Sure thing shakealeg! :)

Apex, I have some camo mods in mind :) but I dont see why turning this into a little mod would hurt :) do you think CENTCOM models could be used now? Its been a while since they were made and the guys dont seem to be around anymore.

Edited by Zeealex

First you should at least try(!) to contact the CENTCOM dev team somehow (e.g. PM, email). While I recall Jay being quite adamant about not sharing his CENTCOM work, IIRC the character models were done by eSkwaad, and when I last spoke to him (years ago) he was very nice about usage permissions (although that was for his Delta Force 1990 mod).

If contacting eSkwaad fails, it would ultimately be Rocky's call whether to allow this here at GR.net, and while I doubt he'd personally mind after all these years, maybe some members would take issue, I don't know. But then again, Rocky's the boss, so whatever he says, goes!

Seriously, who'd be willing to drive a legal battle over completely non-commercial mod content for a 13-year old game that's only played by a few of us diehard tactical realism fans? The industry keeps telling us that our numbers are too insignificant to carry any commercial value at all, so where would be the damage?

Still, fist try the usual channels, and then it's Rocky's call.

I think I remember trying to get in contact with Eskwaad at some point during Novo, I didn't get a response, but I won't go over anyone's head until I'm certain there's no response.

once I get this VM set up I should be ready to rock again anyway ;) I'll be retexturing the Sum of All Fears too, now that I've got it back :)

apex and zee if both you don't mind, im adding this to Heroes unleashed to replace the ACUs.

im still working on it, there are lots of ACU variations that need to be overwritten so that Zees BDUs will show up on every character. zees molle web gear would be a great addition to HU, since molle is what is used during GRs time period.

i can upload it if im done and thats ok with you guys.

edit: im more than happy to do this myself but i could use a little help, im not sure what the best step in replacing all the ACUS is. i tried deleteing all the ACU rsb files and replacing them with with zees BDUs but the game crashed.

Edited by shakealeg1212

fine by me, as it says in the readme, distrubutable, modifiable and burnable without permission, just creds where they are due, if you just set the mod on higher priority than Heroes unleashed, they should override the original ACU skins.

I have plenty of skin packs in mind for pairing up with Mods like Heroes unleashed and Project Novo.

These include, Multicam, Pencott, ATACS, Excam, and plain uniforms.

i changed all the .atr files so that they match up with zees skins. (ie rifleman_ instead of rifleman2_ , support_ instead of support2_, etc)

once the jungle skins are completed i can make a quick mod, either standalone or copy and paste into HU. as long as its ok with you zee and apex.

if there is an easier way feel free to enlighten me lol

Edited by shakealeg1212

• 1 year later...

fine by me, as it says in the readme, distrubutable, modifiable and burnable without permission, just creds where they are due, if you just set the mod on higher priority than Heroes unleashed, they should override the original ACU skins.

I have plenty of skin packs in mind for pairing up with Mods like Heroes unleashed and Project Novo.

These include, Multicam, Pencott, ATACS, Excam, and plain uniforms.

Where can I find these skin packs? I like to keep my Ghosts combat fabulous, whether the mod I'm playing uses professional-looking Ghosts (default uniforms/models as base or custom models), or more irregular uniforms. Since it's HU, it's clear it's the latter, but I love HU so that's not a problem. It'd be icing on the cake if the Multicam set included the Arid and Tropic variants, but I'd be happy without them.