Turning Day to Night?

Zeealex

I'm not expert at this kind of thing, but here's what I believe you should do.

1. Find the ReleaseDarkMapMaker Lighting tool application (found on the IT disk under the 'extras' folder.

2. In the lighting tool, click file and click 'Set Map'. Set the map to C01.map or whatever it is called

3. Now, go to File again and click Set Sky. Set it to some night time sky .qob/.pob file.

4. Once those parameters are set, click Start under File.

5. To edit the lights, go to (I think) Edit and go to Select...a room + light...from the list. You'll need to do the following for every light in every room you want relit.

6. Press the down arrow key to fly back in the view panel. You should see some cubes and pole looking things in the 3d view screen. Click and then right click on them one at a time and in the menu that comes up, click Color. For night, you should change the color to black or dark grey.

7. This takes awhile, and doesn't have too much effect sometime, so you need patience for this. Pretty much, it makes things a bit darker, in my experience.

8. Now, this is sufficient, but if you want a true night map, you'll need to retexture the map by editing the textures of the map with Photoshop. I have no idea how or what to do at this point, so maybe wombat50 or somebody who textures can help you.

i know, ###### take right? basically i run Ghost recon on linux, not windows, and the lighting editor just crashes as soon as i open it up in wine, no codes to go on or anything, i'll try and suss it out, in the meantime. i suppose i'll either have to use black fog or another map.

thanks for the help though, if i can get the lighting editor working, i shall use your method :)