Download version (Amazon download version) editor issues

Papa6

I decided to get involved with the download version of GRAW and have run into a major problem in the area of the GRAW editor.

First, I tried to self create the shortcut for the GRAW editor and nothing seemed to work. not to mention that, my research on the internet showed this game isn't popular probably due to its age. That being said, I used the bundle extractor to extract the patch.bundle file. Guess what? I found the context-editor.xml files right in the main directory. So I made a copy and put it into the GRAW main folder.

The editor came on and I placed a piece of road down and saved the file. Next problem: The editor/game doesn't create the work folder and subsequent folders so when I saved my map, where did it go?

so in conclusion, ONLY buy the download version of GRAW if you have no plans for creating maps or mods.

If this game works the same way as GR:AW2 then all files you save in the editor are placed in your Users folder, open the user then the "your name" folder, you should find it in there.

Can't remember the exact location as I'm not on the PC.

Ok John, Ichecked like you said. it would be under local. However, all there is under local is GRAW2. I looked under locallow and roaming as well.. nadda. I'm using 8.1 of windows on my new gaming laptop and not sure if that affects anything.

I purchased DVD copies of both GRAW and GRAW2 and they are on their way. the tracking onfo from the delivery company says GRAW2 is in Reno here now, so it could be delivered tomorrow???

GRAW says it is still in IL. but no biggie, I'm sure in the morning it will be listed as in Reno as well. I like both games for different reasons. i'd love to dig into the .xml files and try to get the heartbeat monitor turned off so there isn't one like in GRAW2. But I'm patient and will figure something out.

I decided to get involved with the download version of GRAW and have run into a major problem in the area of the GRAW editor.

First, I tried to self create the shortcut for the GRAW editor and nothing seemed to work. not to mention that, my research on the internet showed this game isn't popular probably due to its age. That being said, I used the bundle extractor to extract the patch.bundle file. Guess what? I found the context-editor.xml files right in the main directory. So I made a copy and put it into the GRAW main folder.

The editor came on and I placed a piece of road down and saved the file. Next problem: The editor/game doesn't create the work folder and subsequent folders so when I saved my map, where did it go?

so in conclusion, ONLY buy the download version of GRAW if you have no plans for creating maps or mods.

My example for mission12

Check this area for your user name:

C:\Users\bob\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\local\english\levels\custom_levels\mission12

I'm using Windows 8.1 (new laptop) GRAW2 works great because it is under user\my name\appdata\local\GRAW2\data\levels\custom_levels\world_xml folder.

the only thing I hate is when MS develops windows, they change these things every time. makes life confusing