Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

I'm not sure what anti aliasing does, but I usually have it on. I have review both mice mentioned and I agree with Rahn that too much speed makes me dizzy too.

Question Rahn: Is my understanding correct that you can write macro's on the mouse you mentioned that has 12 keys, and assign a macro to any one of the keys? Can you write a macro that memics keyboard sequences, such as; "run, stop turn 180 degrees, put a gun in your hand, aim and shoot then stop shooting" ? Not that I will need this very often, I just recall that happening to me...

So far, you guys are making me have to work!!!! and only getting a programable mouse can improve my play and practice.

Have a good day and thanks, keep the good stuff coming....

and oh... I probably have tunnel vision, trying to look out over the overall view and not focus on one spot unless I know someone is there. I mostly do focus too much...

Edited by tom1935

Anti aliasing makes the edges smooth but because Ubi Cocked everything up, it just blurs the background :P

oh as for the tunnel vision thing, you probably just need to sit back a little. then you can get a clearer view, i mean how big is your screen again? can you see why gamers have a smaller screen now?

oh and the mouse reveiw XD yeah, i wont sell it to you more than i have to, if you arent going to use it's full potential, then there isnt any point having it. but Gigabyte do make other gaming mouses if you want to take a look at a later date or something :thumbsup:

I kinda figured anti aliasing was what you said, I'll turn it off...

my screen is 32" 1080P and I will start sitting farthur back, gotta get my glasses on tho...

I will do my research on mice, this is something I am just learning from you ahr Rahn, thanks for your info, I will select something that will do more of what I want and will use.

Thanks

I don't know anything about macro's. But I do know that you can assign the different buttons on your mouse to do different things. I use the buttons on the side for grenade and smoke grenade. It is very helpful to not have to use the "f" key and mouse wheel to select these items. You just hit the button and you have what you need. It definitely gives an advantage.

Rahn

Thanks Rahn,

I will look into the macro thing, seems I saw something like that while browzing around looking at mice. You probably know that the mouse has some memory, I don't know how much memory is needed for macro's. I'll let you know what I find out.

You do know what a macro is? If not, here is my take on it. A macro is a small program that is programmed by remembering keyboard strokes and putting that in memory and being able to recall by having it assigned to a quick key. Hit the quick key and those strokes are repeated as often as you like. I hope this is what I have seen.

So far, as you have probably guessed, that I have found no cheats yet, just better equipment such as the game mouse.

Rahn,

I observed tonght a person that looked like the G36, he used grenades and smoke grenades. What looked suspecious is he also during the same session switched to a gun that looked like a sniper, had the large front end and a dial type gizmo. Are there other combinations of weapons other than those selectable when entering the game? as far as I know, I only have one weapon on all selections except for Assault1, then you only have one if you select the MRC. Is this correct? By the way, the Assault 1 is the one I have been using except sometime I will use the sniper but this one is slow zooming in. He fired one shot 4 times in a row and hit someone everytime, ducking out of sight each time.

No, there is no kit with a sniper rifle and a G36. However, it is likely that he picked the Assault 1 kit to begin with and then picked up a sniper rifle laying on the ground sometime after he spawned. That would give him everything that you mentioned. That is completely legal. Taking a shot with the M99 and then ducking behind a fence to reload is typical of the type of tactics you would have to employ with the M99. You get one shot and then have to reload. All 3 of the sniper weapons are slow zooming in.

You will always have 2 weapons when you spawn in, a primary and a secondary. The secondary is usually a handgun, but it can be very useful at close quarters. Many people are very good with it. I usually access it by hitting the #3 key. Many of the assault kits have a more powerful secondary weapon such as a G36 compact, M8 compact, or MP5SD/MP4. Assault kit 1 has the G36C and it can be very helpful when you run out of ammo. I access it by using the #2 key. I also turn off the "automatic reload" option so that if the gun runs out of ammo it DOES NOT automatically reload. I would rather reload manually by pushing the "R" key. The reason I do this is because there are many times when you have an enemy close by and you run out of ammo. If you reload at that point it takes way too long and you will likely get killed. It is much better to switch to a secondary weapon (with a full clip) and use it until the danger has passed. Don't underestimate the value of a secondary weapon. Practice switching quickly between your primary (#1 key) and your secondary (#2 or #3 key).

Cheers,

Rahn

I just don't understand why I can just keep shooting at an opponent that has a high kill count and they won't die. I had one in the open, not far away, and he finally fell to the ground trying to get away from me, I kept firing and nothing. He finally got me. One of theri techniques is to dance side to side, this guy did that too but I was hitting too close so he took a dive. Bummer

Maybe my problem of getting someone is I tend to spray all over them because I have problems putting the bead on them. Spraying, you might just hit them with one bullet, is that the problem? I am seeing a lot more people and getting lots of shot off but they most of the time win the shootout.

Any Ideas? Do some of them have vests on?

It seems to me that a few servers are showing more of a balance and when observing, the high shooters are earning it legit.

I still don't know what that gizmo is when someone stops, holds up something like a digital camera, and proceeds on. I'm sure its not a digital camera.

I know for me it took a lot of time to relax w/o getting nervous. When you get nervous it is difficult to draw a bead on people because your mouse hand shakes the sights around. Over time you will relax and be able to keep on target. After a while you can try for headshots. This is a game of skill and it takes a while to get good at it. You will start to improve when you can relax and stay calm.

The camera that they are holding up is actually what it looks like when they are about to throw a grenade.

Rahn

Rahn,

I'm not sure your right on the throwing a grenade, it appears they put it up to their eyes for a moment, but I don't see them throwing anything. I will watch this closely. Remember, this is a team mate that I see doing this.

Nervous, yep, when I see someone I do jerk, will work on this. Thanks for you inputs, I do appreciate it, you almost have to see what I'm talking about, I have put the gun at their mid section and spray back and forth. Mind you, they are only a few feet away, guessing about 30 feet. Those that are real close, its usually a draw, I get some and lose some. I seemed to recall mentioning one time that a person was just standing there, I kept on firing and he didn't respond for a few seconds and finally just shot me. The next time I saw the same person, he just blatantly casually came toward me within a couple of feet and I am firing at him, so finally started spraying around his arms, feet and head and finally got him. Maybet this is a program problem. Could there be a delayed glitch in the program that he isn't really where I see him?

Its amazing the technology involved in these games.

Tom

Thanks Zeealex,

I had someone in the open and was getting ready to shoot and he ducked out of site but instantly I was shot even tho he was hidden. I'm afraid that they shoot and there is a very slight delay before I know it, by that time he is hidden. I guess we are asking a lot from our electronics, awsume technology.

I again have seen one of my team mates stop, put something to his face, for a short time and continues running. Haven't figured that out yet. Since I cannot out shoot most, I just kinda stay stealth and once in a while someone comes by and I get lucky. At least my getting killed stays low and don't cause my team mates to lose the match, I also don't get many kills. I am practacing getting a little faster but I am having a problem seeing that I can get as fast of some of those high shooters. Their response is immediate when they see me, then I'm dead. Maybe the game mouse you or Rahn mentioned would improve. At one time, I saw a guy (my team mate) fire fast like that, and didn't even see his gun point toward the target.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by tom1935

to be honest, i wouldn't pay attention to that camera thing. it could be anything and i don't really know of any hacks or model files that benefit the user in any way for GRAW2 going off your description. but if it still concerns you, take a print screen, upload it to flickr and send me the link to it in a PM and i shall see what matches i get.

oh the stealth thing. if you are a stealth type, it might be easier you going for an M99 and another Compact weapon. that way you can pick people off at long distances. and if you see a nearby adversary, you can pull out the compact weapon and use it on him as he walks by, always vary the use of your weapons, sticking with one throughout is a weakness if an when you are out of ammunition.

Ok, let me hear it from everyone, I have just about decided to get me a gaming mouse that is programable. Its my understanding that you can program a macro whereby you

assign a series of keystrokes to a hot key, for example: an enemy was in front of me with his back to me. He was able to turn, put a gun in his hand, aim, and shoot, before I could even take a bead on him, just a few feet away. Can you do a macro: 1st keystroke - turn 180 degrees, 2nd keystroke - put the gun in my hand, 3rd keystroke - aim, 4th keystroke - and shoot, then asssign these keystrokes to, for example, the letter X. If you can do this with a programable mouse, I think I will buy one. I know the memory size of the mouse has to be large enough for a certain amount of macro's. Of course, I still have to be able to put the enemy in my sights.

What other advantages are there with a better mouse?

Let me know what you think and if I am on the right track.

For your information, I am not convienced that cheating is not going on. I just hope not, things just look strange and unexplainable.

Thanks

Tom

Things that appear strange in these games. I have seen players climb rocks, climb up and over them easily. I cannot even get over a small rock!!!. I have tried to climp those same hills, my probe attempts yeild very little climbing. I have seen them actually climb those real tall hills close to the spawning area in the game "nowhere". The banks to the top are vertually straigt up. Can anyone explain this? Until I spotted him, he just picked people off in the spawn area, standing on top of that mountain.

Is the feature to climp rocks available to all?

Well, I can't help you with the gaming mouse. I don't use macro's at all and I'm not sure they will help you. There is one trick that I know of that you can do. If you are running and don't have your gun up you can right click (zoom) anyway and when you stop running and your gun comes up it will be zoomed in automatically. I use shortcut keys to change weapons. Turning around and aiming are done with the mouse. I doubt you can assign a macro to help you aim. Even if it were possible it would probably be considered cheating.

As far as the climbing rocks and mountains are concerned, Everyone can do it if they know how. The real question is "did the game designers intend for you to be able to access this area?" If the answer is an obvious "No" then that is called "glitching". Many people have found "pathways" which the designers did not intend to be there which they can use to get to advantageous locations. What counts as a glitch is somewhat debatable but most experiences players know what it is commonly acceptable to do or not do. You can discover how to get to certain areas by watching people on deathcam. I like to do that to discover what others like to do and what strategies they adopt, but every once in a while I have an "I didn't know you could do that" moment which is very instructive.

If someone is shooting at you from on top of a mountain by spawn in the "nowhere" map then they are glitching and I would mention it through the ingame communications bar and it will probably be taken care of by an admin.

Cheers,

Rahn

I have to issues.

what is the sniper gun that has a fist size object on the end of the barrell. The m14 is what I have and is the only selection for a sniper available and doesnt have that contraption on the end of it. is that the M99? How do I get it, I believe there is something used by enemy snipers that is much stronger and accurate than the m14.

Also, I followed (cam) a high shooter, he top a hill and spots 3 people way out over the terrain and rapaidly killed all of them (I would check his kill count and they did show up), and they were not bunched together. I saw the individuals and they were very small targets, I am still having problems with someone with that much accuracy so quickly.

I can see why I get picked off when I am sprinting to get to a location, when I see someone running, I have no chance shooting close to them.

I was also about 20 feet headon with a enemy player, empted my 180 rounds into him and he still killed me. The round red circle was showing all the time I was shooting and I was spraying a pattern about the size of his body.

The M99 is sniper kit #3. Underneath the pictures of the different types of Ghosts/Rebels there are left/right arrows that you can click on to cycle through the weapon kits. There are only 3 sniper kits. I believe there are 12 rifleman kits, 6 demolitions kits and so on.

Yeah it's scary that people can be that accurate so far away but it can be done with practice (and help from a real fast gaming system/computer). Real good equipment gives you a HUGE advantage.

As far as the multiple hits are concerned it is probably lag on the server. You hit them more than enough times to kill them but the server lags and doesn't register their death right away so it looks like they have super armor on. Happens all the time. You can check to see if you killed them by pushing the "TAB" button after you've died. The screen will show you who killed you "You were killed by TAW_Rahnman", then hold the tab key and check the list to see if the have "Dead" after their name ...... " TAW_Rahnman dead". So the bottom line is that you traded deaths but you didn't actually see the person fall.

You have to run in the game but I find it best to run for a short distance and then stop and listen for movement. Don't be in a hurry to get to your favorite spot. Work your way around by learning where all the spots are where people like to hole up and check all of them systematically as you move around. Make sure you have a good set of headphones on and the volume as loud as you can have it comfortably. Being able to hear someone coming, from where they are coming, and how close they are is critical to survival and is how other players know that you are close by. Be still if you want to be sneaky! If you hear someone running then jump out of cover and nail them, you will probably get the "drop" on them.

Cheers,

Rahn

My last game, I was kicked off the server, the statement was "you have been banned from the server", or something like that. The hint was to make sure I follow the server rules. Where can I find the server rules other than those that flash up on the screen as I am playing? As far as I know, I have done nothing to violate anything.

Thanks for you help. I don't know if it was the same server but I logged onto a game and it said I was temporarily banned, this was probably the same one I had been kicked off of.

Hmm, normally you will just be kicked from a server and they will tell you why it is being done before they do it. Usually you will be kicked because your ping is too high. If you have a ping of say 300+ then your presence in the server will cause lag for all the other players. When you are on gamespy and choose a server, make sure that your ping is below 200. If it is more than that you risk being kicked and will experience lag in your gameplay.

One thing you can do is to log into gamespy under a different name. Choose a different callsign and use the same password you had for your original callsign (its easier to remember that way). Then you will be able to get into the server you have been banned from, say who you really are and ask why you were banned. If you approach them with honest concern w/o being critical of what they did then they will probably tell you why they did what they did. Remember, a little courtesy/respect goes a long way.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Rahn

The banning of me was stated to be only temporary. I suspected it might be ping count, except my pings are usually around 200 or less, sometimes it gets up around 300 but very seldom. Would have been nice if they had said something. Could the ping warning appeared in the stuff that appears at the top of the screen sometimes and I just didn't see it? I'm not really worried, unless it starts happening more often. Thanks

Seems I keep coming up with questions, so here goes: Tonight I followed a couple of team mates via CAM and boy were they good. I observed that they seem to be aiming all the time as they move, making them ready to shoot. If I aim while moving, I am going very slow, they are moving pretty fast. When I start running, the gun goes down to my side (I believe?) making my reaction slow if someone comes into sight.

Maybe I need to give you the specs on the computer I built, I tried to get some pretty fast components, can't recall right off but some of the things I do remember is the i7 chip, 1600mhzs memory speed, 1200gb ram memory, gigabyte motherboard (model? cost a lot!!!). They are the main things I remember.

A little courtesy/respect is a good thing. My starting this discussion board was only an attempt to understand why I was seeing such fantastic game playing, and you and others have done a great job of explaining stuff to me and so far, I have seen no cheating except those players climbing tall mountains and shooting down on you into the spawning area.

By the way, that m99 sniper is a whole lot more powerful than what I was using. That explains why a sniper keeps getting to me, now I will be able to see them, as long as I can find their hiding place.

Thanks Rahn

I followed two of the top shooters and they discussed that someone was doing something illigal (I don't remember what they said) , one of them changed teams and I followed him and he eventually found the person they were talking about. Sure enough, that person climbed a hill and the person I was following went up the hill with him and got in his face! He then left and I stayed and followed the person myself and again he climbed a hill. I'm sure that the two top shooters were admin's and hopefully they will take care of this situation. The even ask that a screenshot be taken.

I did order a new mouse, I figured if it helped in the game, good, if not, then I can still use it on a regular basis. I order the latest razer special addition (5000dpi) with lots of buttons, don't know if I will use most of them but I'll have fun trying.

Again, I am impressed with the skills shown by these players and probably need to apoligize (sp) for suspecting that they were cheating. By the way, that hill climber was a lousy player, so the hill climbing didn't help.

Have a good day

Tom

cheating never helps, if you are stuck in real combat situation like that you cant just glitch mother nature and you are invincible, bit daft if these people think they can get a career in the army because "they own ass in MW2 and glitch in GRAW 2"

have fun with the new mouse, it will serve you well :D