Operation Tracer

Hi folks,

Operation Tracer v1 is ready for testing.

I hoped to get this out sooner but I've been bogged down over at Serellan's site, yep admin over there as well and boy has it been busy.

Anyway, this map is built on a clean version of the mission 03 landscape.

This mission has been fully tested on my dedicated server and no problems were noted.

New features:

I have created a new small prop for this mission, I've called it the "Laser Activated Proximity Mine" or LAPM, yep I know it sounds like something out of star wars but it's just a laser beam that spans a doorway so when you interrupt the beam it triggers a explosive device. These lasers are currently being used for alarm systems so it's nothing to futuristic.

Seems to work quite well so I hope you like it.

Next is something that should have been possible right from the start, I found out why vehicles are unable to drive out of buildings, you will see in this mission a tank that destroys a doorway and exits a building, I've only used this once in this mission as it needs a different design of building to work but expect to see panhards, pickups and tanks coming out of buildings to greet you in my next mission.

There are two new custom made buildings in this mission both of which are my own design so they are not a remake of any stock building, plus there is the new LAPM prop, pics below.

tracer_buildn1n.jpg

tracer_buildn2n.jpg

tracer_buildn3n.jpg

That's about it, I hope you enjoy the mission, :thumbsup:

john

Download latest version:

Operation Tracer v1.1.

Edited by JohnTC02
Updated download link

Wow!!! Nice lasers John!! :thumbsup:

+1 !

Hi John it's running just further along you are doing a splendid piece of work and we will be more happy to play your folders which gets you all the things that needed to renew the folders in this way they are almost too beautiful to play lol and more exciting to fight through :zorro::pirate: ebk52 =GE=Ghostsoldiers Elite

Edited by ebk52

Thanks for the replies, pleased you like the buildings/prop so far.

I would just like to say that Spik@ gave me the idea of the LAPM but then left me to make the prop and figure out how to get it working in the game. :rolleyes:

Don't you just love friends like that (he knows I'm only kidding). :lol:;)

Hi John,

I tried the mission last night and had a blast! I played regular weapons on "easy". Got killed a lot, LOL! I thought the lasers were way cool. I should have tried to walk through them but didn't think of it at the time. I will do it next time. The breakaway glass was a nice touch as well. Haven't seen that used much. I only saw a couple of things to point out. One of the tanks got stuck, not the one that runs up and down the long street but the other one. I'll see if it happens again the next time I play. Also, on the SHORAD objective, on the far West wall of the building you have placed metal sheeting in the opening (with a walk door in it). The sheeting does not make it all the way to the concrete pad below it. It sits about a foot off of the floor. Also, at the beginning of the mission I turned left at the first intersection and headed towards the objective in that direction. As I approached it I activated a trigger for snipers. I was staying to the left side of the street and a sniper spawned right above me. You may want to have the players activate that trigger a little sooner/farther away from the objective.

That is all that I noticed. I must say that I really like the new buildings and landscapes that you are doing. It really does make the action more interesting when you don't know the layout of a building before you walk into it. Can I put in a plea for a "container ship" mission. So far there is only the one mission that uses that and I think it would be cool to have another one.

Cheers,

Rahn

Thanks for the replies, pleased you like the buildings/prop so far.

I would just like to say that Spik@ gave me the idea of the LAPM but then left me to make the prop and figure out how to get it working in the game. :rolleyes:

Don't you just love friends like that (he knows I'm only kidding). :lol:;)

Who needs enemies with friends like that!? :rocky:

...and it's one thing to think of something, but a while different ballgame to make it! Like I said: +1! ;)

Thanks for testing Rahn.

I'll take a look at the things you mentioned and get them fixed, when I played the mission I thought I saw a sniper spawn in view but I said nah, couldn't have been, I should have check it before I posted the mission here.

Spik@, lets just say that without all those hours of endless chatting discussing different options this prop wouldn't have been made. I won't mention the other topics we discussed. :whistle:

Spik@, lets just say that without all those hours of endless chatting discussing different options this prop wouldn't have been made. I won't mention the other topics we discussed. :whistle:

If endless chatting results in these neat new gadgets, all is good! Other subjects are best left 'unspoken' :rolleyes:

On to the next cool addition!!! :clapping:

John

Another great mission. Well done. Played through twice with regular and Rahn's modded weapons. Had no problems. Using Rahn's mod I was able to take out the tanks quickly & easily but as Rahn said using the regular weapons I had to work a position to get close in. This took more and as a result one of the tanks got stuck. I think it was the one on the way to the Shorad from the prisoners but would need to check to be absolutely sure. I really like the new buildings and as Rahn said it is good not to know the layout before you enter that makes it much more of a test. However the whole mission is a stern test - plenty of AI waiting to shoot you in the back if you pass a builiding without checking first.

Frame count was up and no lag experienced.

Good work

Anthony :rocky:

Edited by Anthony

Hi John.

All is fine on easy mode except few things I found:

The tank mentioned before is stuck for me too:

122838937-3.jpg

At Transmitter objective after cleared right side room (from pic.) and plant c4 on the last left side doors, two very bad guys with a big guns spawned right behind my backs I'm sure I was cleared whole area around the building, ground floor and right side room:

122838945-3.jpg

and the last two not important things:

bad angle of the window, the glass is "bleeding" thought the wall and you can broke it shooting at right down side cornet of the building:

122838958-3.jpg

the tree at extraction point:

122838967-3.jpg

personally, I like this colour :) but here is this same tree looks normal... weird

122838982-3.jpg

I like the new props, but i was reacting as an .. ekhm... and went stright for codes and didn't check if they will not let me inside the rooms :/

Cheers,

Daro

Edited by daro48

I have played this map 3 times and have enjoyed it. Today while playing one of the other ghosts fell off this roof next to the extraction zone into the extraction zone before all the objectives were complete. It is a great snipe position once you blow the door to extraction but cannot get out before extraction door has been blown. Our ghost had to be killed to spawn back inside the playing area. So type of block needs to be put in place to secure the two cutout places.

122843680-3.jpg

122843669-3.jpg

Yeah Big J, u did it again!!!!!!

New map is the bomb like the last 4 ......i told u big and comlicated map r the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST!!!!

In my opinion u could put more enemies in the new buildings!

Greetz VICMAAL

don´t stop.....dont u STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP Big J!!!!!!!

ah yes one thing i played with TWA clan for bout 2 days and on PUTTPUUT´s last picture something happens.....i crouch on the roof to the ground of the otherside...but it wasn´t activated so guess.....i couldn´t go back.....car and tank stood in my way.....ham.......admin had to kill me....to get back into the game!:-)

Greetz VICMAAL

John,

Thanks for another mission. We played it last night on a dedicated server with three people, regular weapons.

We noticed the same things that have already been mentioend. Loved the new buildings and the additional details

such as the breakable glass and furnishings inside some buildings. I our opinion we would like to see more AI

in the later versions. Maybe random small patrols in areas. We did try to walk through the lasers and it went boom.

One thing I did not see mentioned by anyone else, in you screenshot the laser bars are red but in game for us they

were white. Can't wait for your next effort.

TGZ Puck

Thanks for all the replies folks, much appreciated.

Daro, I've seen that tree problem before, have you got any GR:AW map conversions form Bogie or Mexicobob in your custom levels folder. For some reason the GR:AW textures can conflict with the stock textures, if you have any of these try the mission again after removing them.

I'll look at all the other problems and get a new version posted soon.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

Hi John,

Daro, I've seen that tree problem before, have you got any GR:AW map conversions form Bogie or Mexicobob in your custom levels folder. For some reason the GR:AW textures can conflict with the stock textures, if you have any of these try the mission again after removing them.

It is good to know the reason but as I said before I like this tree in colours like it has :thumbsup: It was weird for me that this is not only one tree of this kind on the map and only this one has a texture problems. This game will never stop surprise me :rofl:

All The Best,

Daro.

Hi folks,

V1.1 is ready for testing.

The download link in the first post has been updated with the latest version.

Changes are as follows.

I think the tank was getting stuck on a traffic light when it was turning around, this has been removed.

Repositioned the glass in the Antenna building.

Fixed a bug where you could bypass trigger 01 (haha, no one spotted that).

Added a blocker on top of the building where you could fall off and get into the extraction road.

Also, on the SHORAD objective, on the far West wall of the building you have placed metal sheeting in the opening (with a walk door in it). The sheeting does not make it all the way to the concrete pad below it. It sits about a foot off of the floor.

This is part of the building model, it's supposed to represent the door being almost closed.

Also, at the beginning of the mission I turned left at the first intersection and headed towards the objective in that direction. As I approached it I activated a trigger for snipers. I was staying to the left side of the street and a sniper spawned right above me.

I couldn't find anything wrong here Rahn, there is a sniper at the point you mentioned but that is spawned at trigger03 the end of the insertion road.

in you screenshot the laser bars are red but in game for us they were white.

That is strange, they are red here, anyone else had this problem?

Thanks all, :thumbsup:

John

Shouldn't be Riley, all custom textures are bundled with the mission (106 in total). the rest are taken from the stock textures.

If there were any missing textures in the bundle then we would all have the same problem.

Hi John,

We completed the map with dedi server and 2 clients. Very very nice!

No issues at all.

Frames was at the beginning between 21 and 25 but later > 28 (at slowest PC, Erika had 5-7 frames more).

After 2 times Daros forest we thought we will play yours first before we try TAW mode as well.

It was very nice to not die so often (Tracer: 15x, Forest 80x),

We like the buildings and the laser thing but why you don't use the hide objectives effort as well?

As alway, ready to release thumbsup.png

Ohhh, and special thanks from Erika :D :

T1.jpg

T4.jpg

Cheers skol.gif

winke.gif With greetings from Kaapo_Erika and Kaapo_Klaus

Almost had enough time to make it all the way through today. Played easy mode on EBK's server (was alone but he joined partway into it). I made it as far as extraction time, but didn't have time to head to the extraction (life intervenes again). Otherwise, excellent map and no issues that I saw.