GR FS ,worth it?

How many think that GR FS are more successful when they went from the basics and compete with games such as BF 3 and COD. Times are changing for all companies. Once they were great and made great titles, but times change and others take over. that's exactly what we for example have seen with mobile phones or other electronics. And perhaps that is what we see right now in the gaming industry, companies that were major attempt to copy others in order to just survive the day because they do not have a better product at the moment.

to me, Ubi have worked hard on what we've seen so far, which is more than i can say for Activision, BF3 will be a tough contender, but Future Soldier has something new compared to it, i don't remember EA DICE making an android and IOS based network for their game tat allows people to edit their guns on the move. Many people will like it, many won't it's a matter of opinion and the ability to say "i've played that" before giving their opinion.

Barking up the right tree?

Edited by Zeealex

Just on the front of sheer volume of content, features, and quality of finish GR:FS easily qualifies as a good value even at full boat retail price. I agree that it doesn't stand up well in comparisons to the original Ghost Recon, but; different engine, different team, different game, delivered to a very different marketplace -- even if the name of the franchise is the same...

Two things that could move GR:FS from 'good value' PC title, to the best in the industry that every realism Fan must own and will buy would obviously be the inclusion of a stand-alone dedicated server, and mod support. If those two things were offered it would catapult GR:FS to 'the must buy' realism game for 2012, for every PC realism Fan because there is no competing game with both those features that are so essential to realism fans having a true love affair with a game.

If GR:FS PC is derivative of what we've seen on console with only listen servers, what we're spoon fed from Ubisoft in terms of DLC and expansions, and no MDK -- GR:FS still stands on it's own merits as a good value in terms of original features, lots of content (play modes, weapon & goo-gaws), and enough of the 'Ghost Recon' mystique, but it will be competing with other games with the same limitations, and it will not surpass the competition in sales.

I strongly hope Ubisoft pulls out the stops just like they did with DRM, and offers SADS and an MDK -- I personally know at lot of people that are on the fence about the game, that may wait for reviews, the price to fall, friends to buy, or Clans to blow it off -- but given an MDK and SADS ALL will either preorder the day the announcement these features are part of the PC plan, or will be waiting in line the day it goes on sale -- and I'd bet money (and win) that by Christmas GR:FS would surpass MW in sales...

:zorro:

Edited by 101459