Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

Hello lesterribles,

the IKE the guys are asking you to post is simply IKE, not the IKE crash log you posted above

That's OK, Mig, lesterribles posted the IKE.LOG, too - it's at the end of the post.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file mpwinter_shinto_shots.rsb

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\origmiss\map\m02_farm\m02_farm.map

lesterribles, it is likely that this is your problem: You have other mods activated that may conflict with Heroes Unleashed! Nowhere in my mod is there a call to "mpwinter_shinto_shots.rsb" - that texture is not part of Heroes Unleashed, nor it is required by any of the mod's components.

As mentioned in the mod's documentation (a file named "PLEASE READ ME.TXT") it is impossible for me to guarantee error-free operation in combination with other mods. Heroes Unleashed contains well over 14,000 files and folders, each of which has been verified for compatibility with the original game and both official expansion packs. With a mod of this size it is likely that conflicts with other activated mods may arise, which seems to be the case with your issues.

Please read the mod's documentation carefully and you will find this subject addressed in the sections "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS", "COMBINATION WITH OTHER MODS" and "TROUBLESHOOTING".

Well, we had a 3rd gun with us tonight when Tinker joined us, and he certainly came in handy, saved my bacon TWICE.

Infact, I was just setting up a screenshot of Tinker with the hostage secure, when all hell broke lose and we all started dropping like flies. :huh:

So, only screenies of Pave Low this time! :thumbsup:

hu02.png

Hello lesterribles,

the IKE the guys are asking you to post is simply IKE, not the IKE crash log you posted above

That's OK, Mig, lesterribles posted the IKE.LOG, too - it's at the end of the post.

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\origmiss\map\m02_farm\m02_farm.map

lesterribles, it is likely that this is your problem: You have other mods activated that may conflict with Heroes Unleashed! Nowhere in my mod is there a call to "mpwinter_shinto_shots.rsb" - that texture is not part of Heroes Unleashed, nor it is required by any of the mod's components.

As mentioned in the mod's documentation (a file named "PLEASE READ ME.TXT") it is impossible for me to guarantee error-free operation in combination with other mods. Heroes Unleashed contains well over 14,000 files and folders, each of which has been verified for compatibility with the original game and both official expansion packs. With a mod of this size it is likely that conflicts with other activated mods may arise, which seems to be the case with your issu

Please read the mod's documentation carefully and you will find this subject addressed in the sections "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS", "COMBINATION WITH OTHER MODS" and "TROUBLESHOOTING".

Hmmm...had deactivated ALL other mods...shall try again. Thanks for your time.

(Update)

Checked MOD Activation priorities, played from last SAVE in first mission using NEW GAME SAVE, NOT using F6 in Eager Smoke and encountered no problems.

Played from SAVE in first mission. Played through Eager Smoke

Edited by lesterribles

(Update)

Checked MOD Activation priorities, played from last SAVE in first mission using NEW GAME SAVE, NOT using F6 in Eager Smoke and encountered no problems.

Played from SAVE in first mission. Played through Eager Smoke

That's nice to hear, lesterribles. Have fun with the mod!

Hey folks...for a limited time only...

Dedicated Server up and running with Heroes Unleashed. Stop on by!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51393

Thank you so much, rossiski, for this great Christmas present! The holiday spirit truly is alive and well!

"Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house..." :santa:

My hard drive was getting full the other day so I took some games off including ghost recon and as soon as I did it I knew the GR gods would be unhappy with me and sure enough this happens.

Can't wait to reinstall (for the umpteenth time) and have a go at this. Thanks for your hard work.

just wondering are there real missions or just kill enemy?

ie demolitions, tnak busting, recon etc

As stated in the mod's ReadMe, the current beta version contains only a few full-scale missions (31 campaign missions), while most maps just feature firefight-style scripts, as of yet. But many additional maps will receive elaborate mission scripting in the final version of Heroes Unleashed (spring/summer 2009).

I downloaded the mod and activated.

When I launched a test mission it worked fine but when i tried the Ney York map it crashed. When i lowered my settings in case the mod overlay was taxing my system too much it ran for a minute or so but then crashed so bad that it actually rebooted my computer. For my next few computer starts i got the messege that 'windows has recovered from a serious error'. That's pretty alarming and i feel worried to launch the mod again.

Any thoughts?

First of all, relax, Poita - there is no way the mod could possibly harm your system. None of the Ghost Recon application's executable code is altered in any way, everything is done via official "soft" modifications - just as in the original expansion packs.

If you experienced a system crash that made your system reboot instantaneously, chances are that you have a serious hardware driver issue. This could result from incompatible drivers or outdated driver versions - for example for your video or audio card. Another explanation would be corrupted or missing system files. But a mod like Heroes Unleashed simply cannot be responsible for the issue you described.

Ghost Recon tends to crash to the desktop (without rebooting the system!), when it is unable to handle the computational workload in some way, e.g. there is more video memory required to load textures than the graphic system can provide. You mentioned that you turned down your graphics options to avoid this, but please be aware that the New York map is one of the most demanding in the entire mod, and I have seen quite powerful systems being bogged down when this map is running with lots of AI enemies present.

Good points Apex. Also, do have any problems with other demanding games such as Company of Heroes, UT3, etc.? When is the last time you took a can of compressed air to your CPU/GPU/Ram? Could be overheating due to load... Used to happen to me a lot until I learned that heat (read: dust) was causing the issue. :thumbsup: This mod is very resource intensive.

Actually i wasnt so worried about the reboot crash but more that even after rebooting manually a few tiems i was still getting the 'suffered a serious error' messege. Now and again i get an inscrutible system file being corrupted and deleted and the process of sorting it out is so complicated that a format and re instal is what i end up doing.

All my drivers are up to date. I'll just avoid the NY map. The others seem to run ok.

I played through the CS Aztec map and it ran perfectly smoothly. The ai seems to be a little more natural than in vanilla GR.

Man there seems to be a massive amount of total work that went into all the content in this mod. Thank's to everyone involved.

Now and again i get an inscrutible system file being corrupted and deleted and the process of sorting it out is so complicated that a format and re instal is what i end up doing.

Excellent choice, Poita - I do the same with my PC when it starts acting up.

I'll just avoid the NY map. The others seem to run ok. I played through the CS Aztec map and it ran perfectly smoothly

It is just a matter of scale - the New York map is technically like any other map, it is just a lot more complex (polygon count, etc.) and this makes it far more demanding on your hardware than e.g. "Aztec", which is quite simple in rendering terms. The "Islands" maps are even more taxing, because they are very complex and enormously large.

All maps of Heroes Unleashed should work fine, as long as your hardware can handle the load - and to warrant that it does, you can adjust the graphics settings of the game to lower values when playing these maps. For example, having all options set to "medium" should definitely solve performance problems on modern hardware. Additional details on recommended settings for various hardware scenarios can be found in the mod's documentation.

The ai seems to be a little more natural than in vanilla GR.

Man there seems to be a massive amount of total work that went into all the content in this mod. Thank's to everyone involved.

Thanks a lot, Poita! :thumbsup:

have you organised scripters for missions?

Well, to a degree... I have one, so far... me. :)

If anyone would like to join me on this endeavor I would of course appreciate this very much! It would be great to script missions for every current map (plus the ones that will be added in the full release), which would come to a grand total of far beyond one hundred missions. It is possible to do this alone, but I am also aware that it is a huge amount of work.

Any volunteers? :whistle:

My hard drive was getting full the other day so I took some games off including ghost recon and as soon as I did it I knew the GR gods would be unhappy with me and sure enough this happens.

Can't wait to reinstall (for the umpteenth time) and have a go at this. Thanks for your hard work.

Thank you, dporter, although I am of course appalled by your unimaginable breach of conduct! I very much hope that you have learned your lesson, young man, to never uninstall Ghost Recon, ever again! ;)

I wish you all a merry Christmas! May your holidays be filled with love and joyfulness, and may we always remember - especially in this community of war gamers - that in real life peace and compassion for our fellow man should be among our highest goods, no matter which religion we have.

Let us not forget the wars that are still fought every day - for whatever reasons - and the people who suffer on both sides of every conflict, while most of us will be able to enjoy Christmas in our peaceful homes. And let us not forget the people who go hungry and without shelter through the holidays, while most of us will never even make remote acquaintance with that experience. Let us not forget that we are all human - no matter which faith, nationality, politics, or color of our skin.

Whether you call this time Christmas, Hanukkah, Holidays, or see it just as some time off from work - it is an occasion to make oneself aware of what our existence in this world should be all about, and to reaffirm our appreciation of all the things we so often take for granted.

I thank you all for being part of this community, and I am very grateful for your congenial company. My best wishes are with you all.

Respectfully,

Apex :santa:

it took me thru the 4th mission to realized you've added more weapons... ;) ....so much for reading the ReadMe file...thanks for this awesome mod :thumbsup:

btw, its been awhile...it is safe to delete anything with IKE in my GR folder? this way I can tell if there are new IKE reported?

thanks

though I didn't notice this at all, this is most current in my log before I delete all the IKE logs

CPU: GenuineIntel 3006 MHz Pentium III

RAM: 2048 MB

O/S: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.1 Service Pack 2 build 2600

Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.4.0.0(0)

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1920x1200 window at 0,0 on monitor Dell 2407WFP-HC (Digital) attached to NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Dell 2407WFP-HC (Digital) attached to NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

HAL (hw vp): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX R5G6B5

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SB X-Fi Audio [bF00]

driver is ctaud2k.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SB X-Fi Audio [bF00]

driver is ctaud2k.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d01_beach\d01_beach.map

SimGun: Gun node Fixed MG 02 has no camera offset helper point.

SimGun: Gun node Fixed MG 01 has no camera offset helper point.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file v_crrcd0.anm

IkeSimulationMgr::AwardMeritDecorations: David Khlot has been awarded medal 2

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d02_refinery\d02_refinery.map

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< taking screenshot from location: <205.02, -240.16, -2.6407>

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file pow_jeepd0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file pickup_truckd0.anm

IkeSimulationMgr::AwardMeritDecorations: Robbie Chukitus has been awarded medal 2

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d03_depot\d03_depot.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d04_riverbed\d04_riverbed.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d05_aurora\d05_aurora.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d06_ghosttown\d06_ghosttown.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d07_roadblock\d07_roadblock.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\d08_tank\d08_tank.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c01_plantation\c01_plantation.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c02_military_camp\c02_military_camp.map

SimGun: Gun node Fixed GL 01 has no camera offset helper point.

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c03_high_sierra\c03_high_sierra.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c04_swamp_airfield\c04_swamp_airfield.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c05_bridges\c05_bridges.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c06_polling_center\c06_polling_center.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c07_beach_resort\c07_beach_resort.map

Loading map e:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c08_mountain_stronghold\c08_mountain_stronghold.map

SimGun: Gun node Fixed GL 02 has no camera offset helper point.

SimGun: Gun node Fixed MG 03 has no camera offset helper point.

SimGun: Gun node Fixed MG 04 has no camera offset helper point.

SimGun: Gun node Fixed MG 05 has no camera offset helper point.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< taking screenshot from location: <5.44, 222.65, 2.47014>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< taking screenshot from location: <0, 0, 0>

RSGameStateMgr::ProcessMessage() duplicate state change request

Edited by Cpl Ledanek