Texas Militia - Expansion Pack

Yeah, I'll add names.

Anyone know a good place to get a list of random names? I need it where I can copy and paste, not interested in typing out 250 names. This one place I have is okay but the names are idiotic.

Mohammed Flurry

Fausto Pasquariello

Trey Tew

If you google "fake identity generator" and I think it is the first one, you can pick the nationality, the gender and the sub race. I use it for when I get stuck finding a name for my narrative characters as the names it generates aren't nearly as obscure.

Edited by Zeealex

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be quite an interesting difference in the first 8 campaign missions and the last eight.

For one thing, there will be different enemy uniforms.

Secondly, seeing as how there are many enemy factions, you'll frequently see 'civil wars' going on, like walking into a situation where there are three different forces fighting at once. For instance, a Mexican gang, the Serpientes, and then the Texans.

Third, there will be a major difference in enemy tactics as well as general gameplay. The first eight missions are basic conventional warfare, no spice or eye candy, just good old Ghost Recon firefights. The same will not be so with the last 8.

It will be a bloody, chilling, evil conflict in which the hostiles will do use any sick, cheating, low-down methods to kill you. It won't be pretty: they'll be using fire in the form of anything from matches to molotovs, meaning you may get trapped in a burning building or be blinded by clouds of smoke. That will be ordinary stuff. You might run into car bombs: you're walking down the street and a van driven by a civilian pulls up. Think nothing of it right? Think again. Moments later you may find yourself torn to shreds by the blast of a bomb hidden in the back of the vehicle. You'll have to stay sharp -- you never know when you might run into a tripwire that'll detonate a whole room full of bombs, possibly wiping out your entire platoon. You might get hit by chemical weapons: just because a room is clear doesn't mean you might make it out alive -- you never know when you could trigger a release of toxic gases into the room that could kill or stun anyone nearby.

It will not be pretty.

Mission 10 is going to be one of the best. Fantastic mission. Sneaking across the beaches, slipping through enemy roadblocks, passing right by sentries, blowing up radio antennas.....and facing a helicopter.

Won't get much better in the campaign than this.

Some questions.

1. I know I already asked, but what's your opinion on walkthroughs being included in the manual? It might help those who have trouble, especially on the stealth missions, because frankly those things are tough even for me who made them.

2. Is everyone okay with having mortar launchers in place of claymores for campaign mode? The uses for mortars is endless; I've never used a claymore in the entire game. Of course you still get access to clays in multiplayer, just not in campaign mode.

1)if they can't do it, they need to find out themselves, keep the walkthoughs out for now ;) maybe at a later date.

2)no, i use claymores like nobodie's business in campaign mode as i tend to use them to cover doors etc. something mortars wont be able to do indoors.

Haha, glad I saved someone from the treacherous waters of modern gaming. Until Ground Branch gets here, I'm going to do my best to keep this game alive.

Yeah, I thought it was about time somebody showed us Texans for what we are in a mod. (When I re-read that I thought, 'hicks?')

Haha, glad I saved someone from the treacherous waters of modern gaming. Until Ground Branch gets here, I'm going to do my best to keep this game alive.

Yeah, I thought it was about time somebody showed us Texans for what we are in a mod. (When I re-read that I thought, 'hicks?')

And proud of it! You should have the militia men downing some good of Texas shiner beers! ;)

@Zeealex,

How does this sound?

Demo Kit 01:

SA80

Rocket Launcher

Demo Kit 02:

Demo Charge

Demo Kit 03:

Claymore

Demo Kit 04:

Mortar

Note no frags, but that shouldn't be a problem. I'm trying to steer people away from using the demo kits for assault, especially with the SD kits which now only allow 3 mags. Of course in multiplayer/quick mission you still get access to frags in demo kits, this is just for campaign mode where you get 8 kits.