game/share launcher for GRAW2

• 2 weeks later...

I know, that is what I have been doing.

Thanks

However, when I set one of my computers up as a dedicated server, it does show up in the list of servers, but we cannot connect to it.

WE just get a ping-pong connecting to server message. I had another player try from his computer, he could see it in the list but got the same ping-pong effect.

G'day m8,

The only issue we are having is one member can join but has no sync? (I'll test his rig by reinstalling windows on a spare HDD, I'm guessing that will be the fix) so far that's all.

Gameshare have done quite a few improvements, not to mention the odd rewrite so keep trying. I noticed a much quicker connection to the account server this week, logged in with virtually no delay.

However, when I set one of my computers up as a dedicated server, it does show up in the list of servers, but we cannot connect to it.

Can you connect and play on other servers?

WE just get a ping-pong connecting to server message. I had another player try from his computer, he could see it in the list but got the same ping-pong effect.

Sounds like all the hallmarks of a router, firewall or something blocking the port

Try...

• No firewall
  • Use port UDP - 16250
  • Ping the server host from outside the hosting subnet
  • Use a port checker to make sure UDP - 16250 is open on the servers host router

Hope this helps

- JH

Yes, I can connect and play on other servers. Also, if I set my computer to be an online server people can connect to it. But I have to be playing on that computer as well. That is not the computer I like to play on as My new computer is faster. I do not like to set it as Online server because when I quit everyone else has to quit as well.

My dedicated server is using port UDP -16250.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

struth, you needed to provide me a patch on my computer for the program to work. The original launcher would not play the game. I now us the latest launcher without the patch you provide me and the games load just fine. Just wish we could get it to work with Rahnmans server, I have to modify some stuff in the game directory via his instructions for his games to load and play.

Hello Tom,

good to hear from you, shame you missed the big game on Saturday, it was a hoot

you shouldn't need to modify anything, just be sure to run the new launcher (version 1.0.0.5). You only need run the launcher ONCE! - It patches you host file on you computer so graw2 will connect with gameshare DNS.

If you want to play Rahman's weapons mod - run it as normal (without the launcher), as long as the launcher was run previously you should have no issue.

Still having troubles? You can always sit in teamspeak and I'll join if I'm around to help with any issues you might be having.

- JH

G'day all,

when i dloaded the launcher my anti virus detected a trojan in it.

Relax Wireman I developed the GRAW2 launcher. When it attempts to add IP /domain references to the host file in windows, most anti virus scanners will identify this behavior as a threat, even though it's harmless...

Resolution - disable antivirus and any other security programs or add the launcher to your antivirus safe list.

- JH

• Like 1

Awman, whats wrong with gameshare on Sundays?

Cant join anything, servers down, no access to the servers tab on their site.

Why is it always on my day off.

EDIT: Everyweek i have to create another account, it wont simply take the last username PW created..

Maybe its coz sevrersdown at this time? AM I alone in this situation lol...

Edited by pagey
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...