Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

To be honest with you, I have never really tried to fix my ping so I don't know how to help you with that. I do know that it is a connection speed problem. You may want to try to get a faster service with more bandwidth. I use DSL but a cable connection would be even better. I'm sure that your modem is an important part of the equation. But these solutions can be expensive when you are trying to justify the expense just to play a game. The best thing to do is look for servers that you have a low ping on and play on those. On the game spy screen which lists all the available servers, your ping on that server will be listed on the RHS. Look for servers on which your ping is below 200 and play on those. The reason you have different pings on different servers is because of the distance your signal has to travel. If the server is located in a city close to you then you will have a low ping. When our clan purchased our coop server we gave thought to making sure that it was in a central location relative to where everyone lived. That way everyone could have a reasonable low ping and would not experience lag.

Cheers,

Rahn

Hi,

Pings are generally affected by the distance between you and the server. If the server is in a distant country/continent, your ping is likely to be high. You can have a higher ping with a server nearer to you if your internet connection is slow or is wireless (this depends though and is not a hard and fast rule)

cybersidd

Cybersidd and Rahn,

I do have cable highspeed and only have problems on a few servers, usually the same one's. So, I won't worry about it, I'll do as Rahn says, just stay with the servers that are faster.

Rahn, I was on the same team with you one time, don't worry, I did not spy on you...lol Will be receiving my razer mouse tomorrow, kinda looking forward to getting it, I am not looking for miracles but that would be nice.

Thanks

Lol, spy on me all you want! Then you can watch me shoot all those hackers in the back, where they are vulnerable!

What's your in game call sign?

HI Sidd! Good to see you in the forums. In game, about all I see of you is the end of your barrel :angry::thumbsup:

Rahn

When you say "shoot hackers in the back", are you talking about your own team mates? If so, I have a tendancy to do that too, especially when they just brush by me and knock me off my target, with my skills, the only time I have a chance is with the sniper gun.

I do have my razer mouse now and dangit, I still have to recognize the enemy and be ready to shoot, that really takes practice and I don't live long enough for that.

I believe I have been at the end of your (Cybersidd's) gun also, got any advice how to not get shot? beside jumping on your team?

Tom (tmfrex)

When you say "shoot hackers in the back", are you talking about your own team mates? If so, I have a tendancy to do that too, especially when they just brush by me and knock me off my target, with my skills, the only time I have a chance is with the sniper gun.

I tend to shoot my own team mates if I see them cheating but nowdays many servers don't have friendly fire turned on and if they do, the server could kick a player automatically if he/she TK's more than twice.

I believe I have been at the end of your (Cybersidd's) gun also

Well who hasn't :P

got any advice how to not get shot? beside jumping on your team?

Map awareness is key. You should know your map and should be aware of spots where the enemy tends to camp. As a new player you cant expect to go Rambo and kill a whole bunch of players specially if there are good players playing. Just go slow and take in your surroundings. The objective is to move from your spawn to theirs (Dont spawn kill though. This just ###### people off) Find a vantage point from where you can see their spawn exits and cover it. Move if you think the enemy has seen you (Keep them guessing). You would die a lot but we all learnt the game this way!

Is there a way to view a map outside the game? I have tried to move to an area so as to look back to where I was and try and figure out how someone saw me, my view from the sniper crouch I could not see any place where another sniper could get me. Most of the time I get killed before I can search that out. Maybe I need to forget it and just learn the map as I play. I know I have played both sides of the battle field and am beginning to recognize where some good places are.

I have been caught, especially when there are a few players, by three enemies in the spawn area, I just finally just sat there and they just kept on shooting and got probably their highest kill count. I couldn't even abort out because I would respawn back faster than I could exit. Didn't understand their thrill of that, strange....

Thanks for joining in this discussion and I appreciate your inputs, same as Rahn and Zeealex

Is there a way to view a map outside the game?

I don't think there are map images where you can see te whole map at once. Rahn?

I have tried to move to an area so as to look back to where I was and try and figure out how someone saw me, my view from the sniper crouch I could not see any place where another sniper could get me. Most of the time I get killed before I can search that out. Maybe I need to forget it and just learn the map as I play. I know I have played both sides of the battle field and am beginning to recognize where some good places are.

You must understand that the enemy will try to do the same thing that you are trying. They will have an eye on all the usual "spots" (the same as you, hopefully, most of the time). This is where skill and experiance kicks in, you have to anticipate and trust your instincts. If you are being killed by the same player time and again then you should change your route and try to locate/kill him from some other angle/place. Be unpredictable :ph34r: . Follow some other good players and try to see and learn from their strategies as well as use the death cam as Rahn mentioned earlier.

I have been caught, especially when there are a few players, by three enemies in the spawn area, I just finally just sat there and they just kept on shooting and got probably their highest kill count. I couldn't even abort out because I would respawn back faster than I could exit. Didn't understand their thrill of that, strange....

Instead of sitting there use your spawn protection to your advantage look for them and shoot them. Spawn killers are annoying but sadly no one can do anything about it (dont let them get to ur spawn in the first place :devil: ). Spawn protection and enemy tagging are both helpful.

Thanks for joining in this discussion and I appreciate your inputs, same as Rahn and Zeealex

You're welcome :D

Hmmm, I remember downloading a program but I forgot what it is called ........ something "tactix" which actually had ghost recon maps which showed the whole layout of the various "stock" tdm maps. It also had some maps that I had never seen before. I'll try to remember what that was.......

You can also just create your own server and load the tdm map on it. Make sure to password protect it. Then you can run around to your heart's delight and devise all kinds of strategies. When you create the server, make sure the tdm settings you pick allow you to stay in the map by yourself. Many times if you don't set these settings correctly you can get in the map by yourself but then the "game" ends because you are the only player "left". I think that what you need to do is set the "max players" slider (under tdm settings) to allow only 1 player.

If you get in that "stuck in spawn" situation again remember you can "ctrl+alt+delete" and it will take you back to your desktop where you can quit the game from there. Lol, there have been times when I have just sat in spawn just to see if the spawn rapers would get tired of continually killing an unresponsive (AFK) player. I had the same result as you. Oh well, to each their own. Personally, I take no pleasure in it.

You didn't post your in game call sign so that we can recognize you in game.

Cheers,

Rahn

Hmmm, I remember downloading a program but I forgot what it is called ........ something "tactix" which actually had ghost recon maps which showed the whole layout of the various "stock" tdm maps. It also had some maps that I had never seen before. I'll try to remember what that was.......

this it rahn? closest i got.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=661

i know it says GRAW 1 but when i tried it, it had GRAW2 maps on there.

Edited by Zeealex

hey "Sidd", if I can call you that. You killed me 5 times last night at 5 different locations!!! I do believe you have the ultimate cheat in that you have cloned yourself to be in 5 different places at the same time, lol.

I now have to get rid of my habits with the old mouse and develope different ones with the new mouse. The new mouse does allow me to get on the target faster and I can get more shot off but most of the time I am off target enough for others (YOU) to get me first. Enjoyed the challenge.

Glad to know how to get out of the spawn trap, thanks Rahn and Zeealex. I will check out that site to see if there are any maps I can use to study.

Need to figure out what enemy tagging is,...

have a good day...

Tom

Hey man you can call me sidd lol. Were you tmfrex? I thought i saw you. You would have noticed i was playing stupid and brash that game. I had the highest kills but had the highest deaths as well :wall: don't do that. Sometimes I just play stupid :wacko::lol:

About enemy tagging: It kicks in when an enemy player camps in our spawn. He is visible to everyone as a red diamond in the map.

EDIT: didn't see Zeealex's reply it's exactly that!

Hey Rahn, this is great. I downloaded all of the Ghost Recon maps and Call of Duty, even black ops. Are there any programs you like that I may enjoy that I need to go ahead and download? I have all the Ghost Recon games and Call of Duty. I kinda like the Ghost Recon better because its not just a out shoot you type game, but you can manuever you team whereever you like and try and keep them alive. Any suggestions?

Thanks, enjoy you day!

Tom

You know people should give GRAW2 more credit. This (tacticaly) is a much better game than most of the other shooters out right now (even if it's not as good as GR). They could definately have made it better but isn't there always some scope for improvement? :)