I hope all you GR coop fans are ready for 4 player

this is where I see the game crashing and burning immediately.

I just cant see RSE building a game which will surely be aimed at console first and pc last with more then 4 coop slots - maybe we'll be lucky but I'm really sceptical about this if nothing else.

And if I'm right about this, then again it really leaves no option but to stick with Arma2 where fps tactical coop is currently king.

I hope I'm wrong.

That was our challenge on this one: coming up with something that will change the way people play shooters together, something that is both incredibly simple and obvious, but that nobody has thought of before.
Well, to extrapolate from that quote, and using some of their other recent decisions for example, I'll take a stab and suggest...

1 You don't play the game at all, the Game plays you.

or

2; 2-Slot Campaign Co-Op. (Has that been done before?)

I like small rooms for coop. Yes they allow more in the old games, but the truth be hold i always cut it back to just friends for 2 to 6 anyways. I like small rooms for team tactics and team strikes against the AI. The big rooms drive me nuts. Its move as fast as you can before all the kills are gone. 4 player is good enough, but i would of like to see at least 6 players. At least we could of split into teams of 3 if we went into a flank move!

Lightspeed,

GR2,SS,GRAW1,GRAW2 supports 16 players in CO-OP mode on the 360 the only game that their engine supported 4 players was Lockdown and I believe they did it that way because the level desing was way too linear...can you imagine 16 players on the same hallway trying to shoot the same enemy? but also we have to take into account that RSE cut corners with those 360 version like you can't go inside buildings so they dont have to deal with portals anymore they reuse the same art assets on the map example you can see the same rusted car in the map 5 o more times and the AI is dumbed down compared to [GR] (I know [GR] AI by heart)...the games is next generation DX10/11 and that can maybe can affect CO-OP numbers too but ho knows at this stage, PC people have to wait and see

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

Even if the coop slot numbers were brought back to 9 players on the PC version,which I doubt will happen,UBI shot themselves in the foot, as far as I'm concerned, with the DRM that's going to included , requiring us to be connected to THEIR servers. I dont WANT,nor am I going to connect to their server................I want to be able to connect to my teams' server or Alpha Squads server.

It's plain and simple............no 9 or more player coop,no direct IP connection, a requirement to connect to UBI server(even in SP mode) = no sale of GR:FS to 4X

I just cant see RSE building a game which will surely be aimed at console first and pc last with more then 4 coop slots - maybe we'll be lucky but I'm really sceptical about this if nothing else.

You do know the last Ghost Recon titles RSE worked on supported 16 player coop, right?

Even if the coop slot numbers were brought back to 9 players on the PC version,which I doubt will happen,UBI shot themselves in the foot, as far as I'm concerned, with the DRM that's going to included , requiring us to be connected to THEIR servers. I dont WANT,nor am I going to connect to their server................I want to be able to connect to my teams' server or Alpha Squads server.

It's plain and simple............no 9 or more player coop,no direct IP connection, a requirement to connect to UBI server(even in SP mode) = no sale of GR:FS to 4X

Amen :notworthy:

And I suspect that unless there is some type of significant adjustment from the GRAW1/2 path the Alpha Squad servers will be hosting as many ArmA2 players as are willing to make the small investment (of time and effort) required to play tactically with us.

Edited by Buehgler_AS

So much negativety on what was, and what is. We need modding, and direct connect somehow.

If you want present time, play Arma / Cod4, they both good. GR will be what it has meant to be. GR1 is still there. You all moan about it being so great, but never seem to play it!

If we can get just 1 PC screenshot before we go overboard, would be good.

:unsure:

I just cant see RSE building a game which will surely be aimed at console first and pc last with more then 4 coop slots

As others touched upon above GR on console has held 16 players since I believe GR 2, and in both mission and firefight modes.

Any concerns you have for low co-op numbers is not related to console development

We are NOT talkin about the console version. This is the "GR:FS (PC)- Gereral Discussion and we are talkin about the reduction of coop slots in the (PC) AW series ( which was one of the main reasons I did not buy or play them,along with other "away from GR roots" reasons)and the possibilty of the same being the case in the (PC) FS series. Although,it's a mute point now,because as I've already stated, UBI's DRM will reason enough for me not to waste any of my cash .

I'm well aware of what section of the forum this thread was posted and which platform is refers to. But I also read the opening post which clearly stated a concern over co-op with a belief the game would be aimed at console first, then PC and only 4 co-op slots as a result. Hence my reply.

Perhaps I misunderstood the OP but the reference to console before PC and the number of co-op slots came across distinctly as a concern developing for console before PC would leave PC co-op with lesser numbers.

If this wasnt the case I'm unsure why console was ever mentioned.

Kleaneasy, It may have seemed that I was replying only to you ,due to the fact that I only quoted you,and that wasnt the intent of my post..to just call you out.Other's have posted in this thread discussing the console version coop number as well , which I dont understand,because this site/forums ( unlike UBI's forums for GR:FS) has PC and console discussions seperated.

Concerning Lighty's post..............I really didnt understand his point,but I'd be willing to place a bet that he was talking about the PC version,because I'm pretty sure he's a PC only gamer.

The fact that the pc versions of AW coop was reduced to 4 slots,while the xbox supported 16players ,left me( and quite a few others here) really dumbfounded . No,I wont buy any of the excuses givin for the decission to do so either, I've played Arma coop with 6 to 10 players and now playing Arma2 with the same amount..............gasp,on a dailup connection.

My point.........if a little ole developer like BIS can offer coop ,that handles WAY more than 4 players and can be played on a dailup connection ( with the server being in Romaina and me being in Mississippi) ...........well,I dont think it'd be every hard for other developers to do,IF....they really wanted to.

Ramble over.......for now

Thanks for reply [NH]4x :)

I did understand the version under discussion was PC, but given the reference to console and the opinion of many among the GR PC community and past discussions I thought the point being made was that PC co-op would suffer as a result of any console primary development.

That said I dont want to be party to taking this any further off topic so I'll leave it there :thumbsup:

If you want present time, play Arma / Cod4, they both good. GR will be what it has meant to be. GR1 is still there. You all moan about it being so great, but never seem to play it!

what he said!! i agree Tinker - many ppl want their old GR but never play it, nor Arma2.

i dint realize that there was 16 player coop on console - was that mission based or just a bothunt type thing?

if it was mission based then ill be v happy if they can bring that to pc.

what he said!! i agree Tinker - many ppl want their old GR but never play it, nor Arma2.

i dint realize that there was 16 player coop on console - was that mission based or just a bothunt type thing?

if it was mission based then ill be v happy if they can bring that to pc.

It was both :)

Seems we agree with each other again, BS PALADIN. Yes, the Co-op missions on the XBOX 360 for GR:AW 2 were great fun and much better than I, or the anti-console brigade would like to admit/hear.

They were great as you were again allowed numerous attack routes, so not just one route to market to coin a phrase, the same thing that made [GR] such a good game, the versatility. The never using the same tactics more than once, OK, may an exaggeration, but you get the point.

I think the Devs for the new GR could do a lot worse than look to the XBOX 360 for GR:AW 2, some classic maps and modes even for the hardest of GR hearts!