BF3 Server Rentals for Consoles

dporter

Huge leap for consoles. Lots of really cool tweaks you can do to your servers as well. I'm not sure how many people over hear really play the game on the xbox but some of us are hoping to rent a server for a night or two to play amongst friends for those interested.

Very interesting.

I am not sure that anyone is really renting a server for that kind of price, more like renting some temp space on a virtual server that's probably hosting several games.

I didn't watch the whole video, but this does look like a huge leap for consoles.

RIght, they aren't saying "dedicated" server, but they are essentially handing the reigns over to you on one of their already established spaces on their main servers and letting you tweak the details.

It will be a nice change of pace and hopefully provide more people an opportunity to get matched up with players that share the same game preferences and playing style. I haven't seen all of the details but it would be nice for new players to have a dedicated server that locks out certain ranks from joining (not that higher rank = better skill).

I just enjoy seeing companies provide more features like this instead of the trend we have seen with several others where "less is more".

Same concept on the PC side as well. You rent a virtual server among other virtual servers. One dedicated server runs a number of instances of the game. A full dedicated box would cost $150 a month.