Wineskin - Play PC games on your Mac without needing Windows

ApexMods

While I have a dedicated Boot Camp partition and virtualization software for Windows on my Mac, I've been using Wineskin wrappers to run all kinds of PC applications and games (incl. Ghost Recon) for some time now, and while there are titles that require additional configuration, a lot of PC software runs just fine out of the box in a default wrapper created by Wineskin Winery.

For those interested, here's a Wineskin HowTo tutorial I found on YouTube:

• Like 2

My pleasure. It's a really convenient way to run e.g. older PC games, although some can be quite tricky to set up successfully. I've been trying to get Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (1998) and Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear (1999) to work, and although both games launch and run at first try with a default Wineskin Winery wrapper, they exhibit weird graphical glitches in both the pre-mission planning phase as well as in-mission, which sadly leaves them unplayable for now. I'll have to dedicate some time to configure the wrappers and see if I can get this fixed, but this will have to wait until after I complete my current Ghost Recon modding endeavor.

• 5 years later...