Ghost Recon 2 PC Release Date

Rocky

When will Ghost Recon 2 PC be released?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted latter half of 2005, i very much doubt, they can finish the game and then market it etc within 3-4 months.

If the game was in a playable state, and even at a very basic level, not even demo playable, then we would have been shown stuff but they havent so we should assume the games far from completion. (which IMO is a good thing, i want a good game and theres more to life than games)

so id say it would be ready in 6 or 7 months time but as theyre a business im sure thell release it just in time for xmas, so november or december.

Edited by babydave

@ the entire group as a whole: Isn't it sad we have no news? think, what's the date of release? if they'd give us a hard date + or - 30 days ok...that would be enough. But when we do get a date, then we need to assess our computers. Can our current rigs run GR2 with any degree of pleasure.(@Rocky: not THAT kind of pleasure lol)

Do we need to upgrade our videocards now? how about our PC's? I'm waiting for the release, but not unlike RR_GRT, I may get dis-enchanted by all this wait and no news. But I'll wait another 30 or 60 days, then I'm done. Then I'll look to first to fight maybe. it looks promising.

-Papa6-

I'm with Rocky on this one. Reason? Rocky is bound to know something, he is always going on about "I don't get told nothing!!", which only makes me more and more suspicious. :P And tbh I'd prefer it to be later this year, that means the game will come out with more enhancements and improvements added to it, which can only ever be a good thing.

I would like to take a step back...and try being at Ubi's shoes...

1. Ubi is a business not a charity...making profit by selling games...the more you sell the more profit you generate

2. Ubi has finite resources...cannot develop 6-7 games at the same time..and release the at the same time as well...

So let's see...

1. If Ubi say pays 10£ for the development of each game either pc or console...and the console version generates 20£ revenues while pc only 15£ which way should it go...?

2. Ubi had big marketing push for GR2 in consoles...released end of November, recently showed its intentions with releasing GR2 for gamecube...So. GR2 release from November until march for consoles, R-6 Lockdown is being developed for consoles...Brothers in Arms gone gold for xbox, AA ready in summer for consoles...are there any resources left for development of pc games..? and that is..if we believe that is not going to be a port.

So even, if pc version is in development, which currently is not IMO since i don't see how u can have so many resources...then is not going to be released along with all them console titles...cause later this year...I don't know what Ubi will be releasing...GR2, and R-6 are main titles and franchise for Ubi...big hopes on them..

BTW Lockdown is not an early beta...since they are holding press days in london...

http://www.xequted.com/index.php?subaction...09513556&ucat=1

So i guess game should be at least 80-90% ready...

IMO Ubi will exaust all the console options...with GR2, Lockdown, AA and brothers in Arms...and towards the end of this year and beginning 2006 is going to start releasing PC versions to keep sales up...

But at the moment...I honestly cannot see even with the most optimistic head on me...how they can work and release all these games + pc versions at the same time....

Edited by tomcat_

So even, if pc version is in development, which currently is not IMO since i don't see how u can have so many resources

BTW Lockdown is not an early beta...since they are holding press days in london...

A couple of things incase anyone reads that and believes it.

First up, GR2 PC is in development that's a fact. Red Storm's resources have grown recently, that's how they manage :thumbsup:

Secondly, Lockdown is still in development, the PS2 version shown at London was so hot of the press it fried the CD drive. Well not really but you catch my drift.

Just seems like speculation to me  :whistle:

spec·u·la·tion  n.

Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.

A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.

Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.

Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit.

A commercial or financial transaction involving speculation.

Looks like you've got us nailed T.

Your gonna need a rig that can run any of todays current games.So if you can't run any modern games then you wont run GR2.

Hes definately right, if your computer couldn't run Doom 3 even on the lowest settings and didn't survive its own version of going into a coma, then whats the point of playing GR2.

Edited by Arms

I just recieved this email today from GameStop

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Ghost Recon 2

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?produc...=645824&affid=1

Old Release Date - 6/1/2005

New Release Date - 5/3/2005

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!

The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product

will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.

GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide

you with the most accurate release dates possible.

The devs wander around here all the time. 2 of them have accounts and are on the boards quite frequently. GR2 will be released for PC when it is ready, my guess is later half of '05.

Alot of these Games Sites have had various Release dates for the PC for quite some time.I personally don't take any notice, they just want you to Pre-Order the game.

If you read the small print it says, "release dates subject to change without notice" in otherwords take em with a pinch of salt.

Only time i'll believe anything is when UBI make an official announcment.