Mission #2: Recon in Force

Act I - Recon in Force

m2.jpg

Cool map, I liked how you can scope clear across the quarry to take out enemies with long shots, and the turkey shoot from the first vantage point at the top of the stairway to the first camp.

I can't say I needed the mule at all, even on the highest difficulty, but the team did cover my back a couple of times. Fun mission. :grin1:

I think that's the first time I noticed the Ghost logo on the underside of the heli.

For difficulty, I'd rate this mission quite easy, even on Hardcore. The enemy are lightly numbered and are for the most part static, not roaving.

What this map cries out for is a more determined defence of the armour, and some civies working the quarry, with jeeps occasionally traversing the quarry. Civilians on this map would be awesome, that's still a modding threshold that hasn't been crossed yet though :(

Alright, I was on the second mission, Recon in Force, and I had my mule dropped for me. I decided to go ahead and attack the Guard position that was 90 m away, and wanted to bring along the mule with me.

It got stuck on the road.

I tried and tried, everything I could think of to get it moving, but it just wouldn't budge. It was just stuck at an angle to the hill on the side of the road to the nearest camp. Also, I found out I couldn't place the mule's move order directly on the road....

How am I supposed to use it? I thought it was meant to provide cover and supplies, but if the damn thing is so stupid that it gets stuck every 2 m, that is really annoying.

Also, what is the demo guy for? How am I supposed to make him use his grenades to attack certain positions?

The MULE is best used if you place several move orders in a row. Don't make long ones as it is not the best navigator or terrain negotiaor even in real life.

Use it for cover and re arming.

Also make sure to have it within your order range that is 75 meters or about 230 feet of you.

Bo

There does seem to be a bug about continuing the campaign though, until GRIN solve it your best bet is to delete all the saves for the mission from your save folder and try again, or download the GRAW 2 complete from the downbloads section.

I have come across this same bug. I've completed the whole game on normal, replaying it on hardcore complete act 1 search and destroy move to next mission ok, but once i finish the second mission the bug happens and i no longer advance (only have return to menu). I am also using a different profile from the one i completed the game with first, but that shouldn't make a difference. frustrating. grrrrrrrrrr

any other ideas or any new on a new patch?

I would have to agree even on hardcore this one was pretty easy. I basically parked the mule when it refused to go past the obstacle in the road on the way to the guard area. My team wiped most of the guys at to top of hill out, as well as those who poked their head out of the main gate during the 1st part of the mission. I just sat back and watched.

For GRIN, on the Coop one of the tanks was upside down and still shooting happily, underneath the towers. I have not gone back through it but if it is there again I will get a screenshot. I thought the damm thing was a wreck, and it kept killing me. :)

You gotta fix the draw distance for coop, it is my only complaint. The enemy AI does a good job but I can not see them until I reach a certain range, while they can see me from outside my visual. Drives me nuts sometimes, but on the upside I low crawl a lot more. :)

o.k what the heck.

I completed this mission like twice in a row.

Got A in it and "man of steel".

But why won't it unlock the next mission?.

oh yeah the mule is a good "support" feature. :rofl:

Please help.

EDIT:

Woops, i didn't read your post rocky, why do i have to download the complete save game?.

I want to complete it myself.

Edited by squad_e

Woops, i didn't read your post rocky, why do i have to download the complete save game?.

I want to complete it myself.

You don't have to, but if deleting your quick saves as in the FAQ does not help, then that might be your only option. Either that or wait x amount of days for the patch which may or may not solve this issue, where x = unkown number of days greater than 7 but mostly likely less than 30.

The mission is good, but as said, it's fairly easy. Personally, I just have Hume along and it works out great with him an and M14 and scope. It's like Allen... Matter of fact I just took it on Normal difficulty with me and Hume. It's good to just waste twenty or thirty minutes for this mission since it's easy.

Using the Mule? The thing is, you gotta pay attention to your movement circle. If you drag your circle, and it dissapears, then it cannot go. Or if you click on an area, and it gives you like an error tone, then yeah of course it's not going to work. You got to keep in the dummy mode, i.e. it's retarded and any complex tasks should best be avoided. And it's really a mission drag, as if you manage your team and weapon usage (or just "borrow" from the Mexicans) then you shouldn't have to use it unless you want to use something special.

Edited by EricJ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest User Name

i just went through that mission again --i took the mule and the rest of the team every step of the way--covering their movement with the big scoped gun--got my first (S) "Perfect mission" score on difficulty( hard)---didnt even know it was possible to get anything better than an A Excellent-

the thing logged me in as user name for some reason in the last post--i also just learned after playing graw1 for about a year and now through 10 missions a couple of times in graw2, that it was possible to control each ghost separately while you are looking through their eyes mode-- wow --it is so much more fun now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry in advance if it's not the right place to post this question... if it isn't please guise this post and me where to..

So,.. I've smashed all the bad guys,and the artilery. and now The commander is telling me that I've done a good job and that he has a present for me and stuff,and that the helicopter is waiting for me.

Ok I'm getting into the helicopter.. and it seemed like it's waiting for me to do something..

what is it ?

I can't keep playing :(

It's a single player.

Thanks in advance,and sorry for the broken english :P

Humm

What's the name of the mission your talking about? :unsure:

I hope it'd help to understand..

The save game says : "mission 02 - check point 7_l.dsl"

"search and destroy"

I should go to the "extraction zone/point" and getting on the helicopter,but when I do it doesn't do anything...

does this information helps or should I specify somehow some more info ?

Thanks for the fastest reply :)

p.s. maybe : "Act1 - recon in force" ?

Edited by hummiz

Is this GR:AW 2 your talking about ?

You posted this in the GRAW 1 forum but "recon in force" & "search and destroy" are GR:AW 2 missions

you maybe want to look at our forums > GR:AW 2 PC - Tactics & Strategies where there are walkthroughs and tips for the missions

but as for Recon in Force, once you've cleared the quarry and the chopper lands you should just get on it and it takes you to the next mission Welcome to Juarez

Did you order your team-mates to move to next to the chopper before you got in ? I think they have to be very close to it for them to get on, maybe one or more is "stuck" on something and cant get close ?

Yep you're absolutely right, It says that I should go into the helicopter and go to Juarez.

Considering the rest of the team, well earlier at the mission, 2 of the guys from my team "stayed", and didn't come with me, while the third soldier died or injured and the commander told me that the medical team would treat him and that I should keep on moving with the mission,so I arrived the Helicopter by my self, and the helicopter isn't moving up to Juarez :( why ???

Thanks again

Right, the surviving (non-injured) members of your team have to be at the chopper too (then they will automatically get in)

the chopper is waiting for the rest of your team, that's why it isn't taking off

You might have to replay the mission, unless you can order the other 2 "stayed" guys to the chopper

Right, the surviving (non-injured) members of your team have to be at the chopper too (then they will automatically get in)

the chopper is waiting for the rest of your team, that's why it isn't taking off

You might have to replay the mission, unless you can order the other 2 "stayed" guys to the chopper

Yep well this 2 guys seemed for me to be lazy,becuase they just looked at the begining of the mission to the sky like they waiting for the chopper,and refused to come along with me.. so.. I wonder if there's some way to move their asses some how :P

I'll retry to deal with the 3rd guy from the earlier mission,maybe you're right and it'd help :)

Thanks

^

You can recover the AI who are stuck in that skyward looking attitude by issuing the "Follow" command, and if you keep them in follow mode, they will enter the helo right after you do.

If you want the Ghost AI to enter the helo before you, just point to the bird and issue a "Use" command as the Ghost Team icon is highlighted.