AA? in full version?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are used to Anti Aliased render -- it adds a feeling of solidity and realism to a game world like few other render features and has pretty much established itself as 'must-have' for realistic looking game worlds...

This is an especially important and even effects game-play in tactical realism games where reality and scale are the benchmark (and Fans are pickey). Due to pixlilation effects even with Anti Alias we are only able to identify man size targets as human at a fraction of the real world distances where we could easily recognize a specific individual -- without Anti Alias the aspect of scale is skewed downwards even more...

While I appreciate the render candy offered by deferred light, there are other lest costly ways to achive many of the effects offered in GRAW, and even if all were taken out, it would be a lot less of an eye sore then wiggling pixels that obscure and make ranged targes invisible and the game world look very wiggly and unrealistic in a way that immediately apparent and ugly compared to the alternatives...

:blink:

Edited by Waika

Ok, TY for the reply.

Ok, when they tested it did they see the jaggies too? If not, what specs were they running?

I notice of some vid footage (the one where Bo is speaking in swedish at the GRIN offices) the shots of the screen as its bein played looks very smooth indeed. I know you have vid cam to monitor but I looked real hard at certain edges and it was far smoother than ive seen elsewhere. Im not suggesting they had AA I was also interested on what that spec was.

I first of don't understand why choises were made to use certain effects that can't be used together with something as common as AA. And there is no hardware able of handling it. So I say that it's still the engine and game that is made poorly because you should respect what hardware is on the market for GR fans and not make fancy looks when it takes away from gameplay due to the fact that a VERY common used thing like AA has become standard but not used in your 'engine'. Tell me that is a wellbuild engine!!!!

I'm a part of some gaming communities where competetative play (BF2C an so forth and yes we played some CAL guys and lost, but had fun) and I can't see how making something look good (in one way) can be justified once it makes it almost impossible to pick out targets at longer ranges, they are just not visable in all the jagged lines.

I've been a loyal fan of GR ever since the first installment was made, and if you had just bothered asking the loyal community about what we would like, some fancy lighting (whatever it is - I don't claim to be technical, I'm just a user) OR some AA that would actually be usefull!

I am so unhappy. I just spent like 700$ on a new monitor and 450$ on a new videocard that is how much I just love GR, I want to love you guys a GRIN to, but please give me a reason to, you have made a great game except for one thing, and that makes it almost unplayable just because it takes away from the quality feel of the game and the gameplay itself.

So please don't come here and play a smartass GRiN_desmond22 with people wanting a spec. scapegoat and stuff - I am willing to have the lastest and the best hardware out there to play GRAW, but what good does it do me????

All I would like is an explanation and the implementation of AA. I don't care what else has to go to make AA possible, but without AA I should return the game, to bad I broke the seal on a game I want to love but can't! I just hope GRIN and UBI cares enough about the community and not just that we buy it and don't play it!

i hear ya, i want my AA >.<

the lack of it ruins a great game

differed lighting is useless when everything else looks ######.

I would also like to know if the devs noticed any jaggies during development???

if not what spec pc were they testing the game with and what was the resolution???

Edited by whc.demo