Hi guys!

Edit: Link to new site! http://www.ghostreconcommunity.co.nr

I played Ghost Recon with DS and IT for years. I have many good old memories from back in the day. I miss the TAG tournament and stuff.

Back then we had Ubi.com to chat and communicate, now we have jack squat...

Well, to make the community alive again we need a live chat so that we can communicate whenever we like. Directly.... not just forums..

Is there an irc for Ghost Recon original atm? If not, then I will create one using the mIRC.

Simply download the mIRC client from www.mirc.com, select quakenet random server and join #GhostRecon @ quakenet.

If you don't want the program on your computer. U can visit the channel from webchat.quakenet.org

Channel #GhostRecon

If theres no one in there when u join, well, don't give up. Don't leave. If everyone stays the community will once again slowly grow. This game is still one of my favorites and the multiplayer is freaking awesome. COME ON LETS PLAY! :)))

you with me?

Edited by etreX
Deleted your other thread about this, please avoid duplicate threads

nice. for starters we should just try to get as many people into the chat room as possible. Discussions about tournaments can take place there, finding people for Co-Op matches, clan wars, practise or just intense fun games.. Direct chat is really nice to get things going :)

For those who don't believe in what I'm trying to do here. I have plenty of experience in hosting communities and making them grow. I had a community with 700 players at its peak in 2009 on the #Norge.css channel, which was a Counter Strike Source gaming community. I'd love to make one for this game aswell.. Because this scene is VERY small now and consists only of this forum :P

I already sit on a couple IRC channels most days, so I would make use of a GR-specific IRC channel from time to time if there were people on it that were interested in coop. I can rarely schedule gaming time these days, so having a channel with some idlers would be useful on those occasions when I can unexpectedly hop in. But that depends on other people being around, of course.

dedicated server software to be found on the inet. anyone with decent inet speed should be able to host a dedicated game aswell as normal hosting if u open ports 2346-2348 in your router. If that for some reason doesn't work you can use like u said, GameRanger or hamachi.

WE have to make dedicated servers then. Make the scene more active again..

in near future im gonna smash together some old computer parts and try my best to put up dedicated servers.

Edited by etreX

I'd be up for it, but I think there are active clans with active dedicated servers. It would make more sense to try and start a forum and a system to bring all the clans into communication with each other again. I think most clans have just moved on to newer games.

I'd be up for it, but I think there are active clans with active dedicated servers. It would make more sense to try and start a forum and a system to bring all the clans into communication with each other again. I think most clans have just moved on to newer games.

yeah thats what im trying to do.. bring the whole scene together. ill be working on a website atm with built in chat function.. what we also need is dedicated servers located in the UK so that itll be fair ping for both europeans and americans:)

atm me and H-hour are the only one staying at the channel tho. we can't do this alone!!:P

Edited by etreX

hello old ghosts,

at first i want to excuse my english. i'm happy to read about your intension. many years ago, i have played gr on ubicom and i want come back. at the moment, i have no computer for playing games. in march, i get a new one. i hope that the old version of gr, with island thunder and desert siege will functioned on it.

see you soon!

t.munz

Hey!
New Ghost Recon Community dedicated server is up on GameRanger. To play with us, download the client at www.gameranger.com. Everyone is allowed edit server access.
More to come aswell. Next week there will be launched another server only for COOP games. Location of the servers will also be moved to London, United Kingdom. That will give both americans and EU players good ping.
In other words, 2 servers will be up 24/7.
For updates, chatting, reporting issues and questions. See www.ghostreconcommunity.co.nr
GET READY FOR SOME EPIC MATCHES! :D

Hey!
New Ghost Recon Community dedicated server is up on GameRanger. To play with us, download the client at www.gameranger.com. Everyone is allowed edit server access.
More to come aswell. Next week there will be launched another server only for COOP games. Location of the servers will also be moved to London, United Kingdom. That will give both americans and EU players good ping.
In other words, 2 servers will be up 24/7.
For updates, chatting, reporting issues and questions. See www.ghostreconcommunity.co.nr
GET READY FOR SOME EPIC MATCHES! :D

Fantastic! I just fired this baby up for the first time in a couple of years and I'm loving it.

Hi!

I am new to Ghost Recon as I come from GRAW2 on XBOX 360 and just played the GR Demo by now. I have ordered GR Complete and already downloaded some mods, now I'm waiting for the game itself to arrive and install (i hope today). I'd like to get some online experience if there are newbie friendly guys online.

I am from Germany and I would like to play in the evening 20:00pm - 23:00pm CET. Are there any servers and gamers busy at this time?

Cheers!

Julian

Hi Julian

It's always nice that there is coming more guys to this exceptional, remarkable game! Disappointly myself can't play at that time, but I really suggest you to download "GameRanger". There's alot of servers with GR and a dedicated one.

Also, if you wan't, you can some day join the "TOS" clan. For more details visit:

Tacticalopsquad.webs.com

Cheers and welcome to the forum!

/t

DEDICATED SERVER IS ONLINE. CURRENT IP IS 46.9.6.238:2346 or grcom.no-ip.org. IP may change, I'll keep it updated on the website. Use grcom.no-ip.org if you cannot connect, or just because its easy.

go to www.ghostreconcommunity.co.nr to get the latest updates and chat. Report abuse and bad behaviour on the server there aswell. use screenshots as proof please:)

cya there!