Real Combat Video Footage

ApexMods

With the proliferation of helmet and phone cams in todays military conflicts, there's more and more video footage of real-world combat available around the web. I'm going to pin this thread so it may be used to collect some real-life combat footage provided by our forum members in the future.

These videos are not meant to be a glorification of war or violence, they should only serve information and documentary purposes. Due to the nature of combat, the videos may depict scenes or contain material inappropriate for some people. Viewer discretion is highly advised!

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I see real modern combat footage I think of how long range and sustained these firefights are. It is very evident that soldiers care for their lives, and certainly stay behind cover, conduct careful planning, and only attack when the circumstances are clearly in their favor.

For instance, "The 1st Ranger Battalion conducted more than 900 missions in Afghanistan in one deployment: the battalion successfully captured nearly 1,700 enemy combatants (386 high-value targets) and killed more than 400"

Thats about 1/2 a kill for every 75th Regimental Ranger, our elite direct action Special Operations Force, on this particular deployment. Another report I read cited about 30 kills for a 75th Ranger battalion for the entire deployment.

Fear, self preservation, combat fatigue, weapon accuracy, and general adrenaline of combat certainly increases inaccuracy, thus providing sustained engagements where many times no one is killed. The myth that movies portray of hoards of enemy KIA. Now we do have many accounts in the civil war of massive casualties but this was due to the form of standing rank combat. In WWII the immense scale of the battles cause many casualties as well, but I imagine that individual soilder kills were fairly modest on most occasions.

This is why I love mods that increase weapon dispersion, however, a true representation of this in a game would make for boring gameplay, and the player himself does not experience the wide range of fear that a real combat solider does.

Apex, that first Ukraine video made me think that this is the type of conversation that the Russian troops in Ghost Recon have lol. Talk about the grittyness of combat and these eastern block soilders.

Edited by Burner
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

Edited by Burner
  • Like 1