play "Cut the rope" out of HTML5 web browsers

ROCO*AFZ*

IE 9 in windows 7 plays this addictive game and so does my IE 9 mobile on my windows phone (although it takes a bit to load and you have to change drag to cut to click to cut in options to play)

http://www.cuttherope.ie/

Addictive game... have fun. (also post if other browsers can play it. I'm curious on how many are supported.)

Cool that confirms HTML5 support on ipad 2. wonder if iphone does the same. did it support drag to cut or did you have to change to click? (Curious on how it handles the swipe as on my phone, swipe is used to scroll left and right on a page so it can't be used in the game the way IE mobile 9 works.)

I just used the default setting which is drag to cut.

If I remember I'll try it on my iPhone later.

Update:

Tried it on my iPhone but it says I need a new browser, it's probably due to me having os v4.01, I think I need to update it :lol:

My iPad is up to date at v5.01.

Edited by JohnTC02

Trying it at work on an XP laptop.

Does not run in IE8 - website says "runs best in the newest version of IE in Windows 7"

Then tried it on same laptop but in Firefox 8 (yes, I know that Firefox 9 is out). Runs fine, but there's a link on the page to IE!!!

Was this game sponsored by Microsoft?

Yes Rocky, it is an app but this version MS put up is done in HTML5 and it's pretty sweet on a pc. I was wondering though how well other browsers did with it such as the iphones with latest O/S since HTML5 may replace apps and / or flash eventually. It's smooth on my windows phone after an initial load time. So far we confirmed the IPAD 2's Safari does it, IE 9 and IE9 Mobile does and Firefox 8. Curious if iphone lastest does it or android, and also chrome.

FYI, the game/website loaded up on my iPhone 3GS/iOS 4.x (yes, I know, I haven't upgraded to iOS 5 but I'll only do that when a really have to). Anyways, the game was painfully slow, pretty much not playable on the 3GS, but interesting to know that the iOS 4 Safari does HTML 5

Wow that is impressive. I can see why it would work on the 3GS as i do believe it can upgrade most parts all the way to 5, but i am surprized to see it work on OS 4.0. Interesting. I know before my wife sold her iphone 3GS, the 4.2 upgrade (i think it was 4.2) Slowed her 3GS down and she got mad at me even though i thought i was upgrading to new features not slowness.

Cool, looks like most of the browsers, even mobile are going to be fine. Just need someone with android mobile to test it and chrome. It's nice to see that they are all able to this html 5 game and makes it look more promising that we may see more of it since all the browsers seem to be supporing it.