So, the game is still alive or what?

Don't know what to say, I'll just keep playing the game and try and get some good out of it. I have not been in the conversation long and may not have a good feel as to what's bitching or what's real. There are a few people on this forum that I do respect (John, Rahn, and Sidd). I'll hold judgment until I have a chance to play the game more. So far, I don't like it, maybe because its so different from other Ghost Recon games. I know my two cents worth doesn't sound as professional as others but should be worth at least what I've put into it...Tom1935

Just my opinion -- but I feel the game's design fundamentals are decent and well thought out in so far as the kind of game that was intended. However, the marketing for the game was very duplicitous, the PC version shipped with more bugs then a Rain Forrest, and virtually none of the prevailing issues have been acknowledged no less addressed -- these are facts not subject to opinion or subjective judgments born on 'respect'.

Fan ire over the PC iteration of the game has less to do with it being nothing like other Ghost Recon games and is more down to: false advertising, multi-player being unplayable for the vast majority that bought the game, zero direct communication with paying Customers about the game's issues, unmet support commitments, selling DLC that can't be played, and blatant prevarication from Ubisoft Representatives.

This is a situation that's as bad or worse then Ubisoft's management of it's onerous DRM that made its PC games unplayable for so many with the same Ubisoft support and communication 'pass the buck' accountability nightmare circle of deceit...

Edited by 101459

I have been playing call of duty, all their games and also all of ghost recon games. My preferences has been far above call of duty because I like the concept of ghost recon. I have been playing all of ghost recon games for years (not multiplayer) and was looking forward for years, expecting the latest game to come out, but never did. Finally when it did, I was looking for a fantastic game, as you say, going by advertisements. I began see all the negative views and waited until now and was able to purchase it a lot less that the full price. Glad I waited to buy. I just started playing the game and really disappointed in it, maybe that will change, but don't think so. So far, this looks like a bad call of duty game with run and shoot and no control over the ghost team. I had fun with their games where I had control over the team and there was a lot of challenges trying to outwit the programmers. Maybe we need a ghost recon like the old again but better???Tom 1935 ....p.s. maybe start over with the first ghost recon and work my back to the ghost recon2///

Yes, you are right -- the single player is very disappointing and more like CoD then anything Ghost Recon... After Ghost Recon (original) I have lost heart for single player tactical realism as there's just about nothing to fill that void except for a few lavish ArmA II mods that require as much of a time commitment to setup and learn to play as they do to play -- this is something that a lot of veteran Ghost Recon Fans are hoping will be addressed in ArmA II.

Glad ya didn't get hopes, expectations and your wallet crushed and waited -- if more would follow your example (me included), defer their gratification and withhold their support and we might actually see Ubisoft acknowledging their audience rather then their present plight of focusing attention and finances on analytics & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K0eRtLeFiM-- two links worth visiting to get a sense of where Ubisoft is coming from, and where they're headed...

:maybe:

Edited by 101459

One feller, from Finland I believe was banned for essentially recounting all of this -- and then was magically "Unbanned" when it was pointed out by a few hundred Fans that he wasn't in any way, shape or form: '...trolling, flaming, making non constructive posts, or insulting members' (Ubisoft Community Manager's given reason)... Then, virtually everyone posting their support to the unban thread was banned, as well -- the people asking what was going on were banned, and so on

Seriously, did that really happen?!

Seriously, did that really happen?!

As far as I can tell, yes. I've since corroborated that a considerable number of my Steam 'friends' that also purchased GR:FS were banned from Ubisoft's forums and have no idea why and no means or access to find out why -- perhaps it was genuine fear that a class action suit of some kind was in the making, as it was mentioned in the thread. I'm sure there are a few posts remaining regarding the forum melt-down; I'll see if I can't run something down. The guy that made the original post (don't remember his name) had also snail mailed Ubisoft, was irate and while perhaps not particularly articulate had valid points that weren't being answered anywhere and was not in abrogation of any forum rules.

:/

Edited by 101459

Well, I did try to find the relevant thread but so many people have been banned from the forums and the game they bought that any search that contains "ban", "bans", "banned" or "unbanned" turns up so many results it's useless endeavor -- look for yourself...

This guy offers a fair summery post here of Gurfus (PC), and makes the same points more graciously made by many that were banned -- it's a reasonable bet he's not long for the Ubisoft forums...

:lightning:

Edited by 101459

• 1 year later...

Well, I've decided to try the game again but can't seem to find any information as to how to play. I've searched online and get a lot of links to buy things. Any help out there??? I just want to know how to select weapons, shoot people, ?????

Thanks for your help, ...

Tom1935

demonace, thanks for these, they are a lot of help. Where is the best place to view these, on this site or youtube? Or maybe download to my computer??

Thanks again, I will just dive into the game and practice.

Tom1935

You can view them on youtube , just click on the youtube logo of the clip you want to watch by using the "youtube" sidebar logo of the vid it will open the selected videos in a new window and then you can browse the chanel attached to it and view all the others .

If you want to download some of them on you're computer use a download manager like Jdownloader .

If you are loocking for some tutorial , in google you can type for exemple :

ghostrecon multiplayers gameplay youtube , it will give you a search result of all the gameplay videos .

Sorry for my bad english it's not my native language .

Have a nice day tom !

PS :

You can download Jdownloader here :

http://www.filehippo.com/fr/download_jdownloader/

Edited by demonace

• 2 weeks later...

hello all, i watched this forum time to time, and decide to participate on this thread, i have been a big fan of Ghost Recon on PC, the last one i Enjoyed a lot was GRAW2, now that the lastest ghost recon is Third Person Shooter, its a big Letdown for me, i dont like 3rd person Shooter beacause i think they are no tactical, since you can see over walls, corners and stuffs, its annoying to me, and more importantly i dont feel inmersed on the game, i dont wanna see the whole body, i want be part of it as FPS. its bad how a company can ###### on good game, changing it from FPS to TPS, its like imagine battlefield being switch over TPS, the community will simple left the game, so i think this reason this game was and is a failure is beacause it DOESNT represent the TRULY ghost recon game. its just an arcade TPS which is sad. so all this added to the fact that they dont provide mod tools and dedicated servers.

I am just waiting for Groundbranch game, hope it will be good.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Sidd, glad to hear from you. I have tried to play this game but it seems more like call of duty, just running around following yourself instead of seeing from your own body, and can't get any enjoyment out of it. I did buy it at a big discount, so look for that if you are considering buying it. Graw2 has purged a lot of its servers and also the RAS server we played looks like has moved to UK, which is a bummer with its lag time for me.

Have a good one and hope to see you on RAS...

Tom1935