3rd Person - Just on Console or PC too? Is it a deal breaker?

Anyways for good or for bad Ubi already made a decision.

Still are awesome third person games and seems that among young third person is really popular now

Has UBI made a definite decision regarding the PC view ?

I have personally never enjoyed any 3rd person perspective shooter.

Yes how can you sneak on someone if he can see you over a wall or a corner, has no logic at all, it s like the kill cams also....

In my opinion, 3rd person view and kill cams completely ruin a online tactical shooter :(

I do not buy these games (3rd Person) for online playing with a clan

I would still play Raven Shield and Graw 1 if they still had proper servers and more people playing on them...

Edited by RecasPT

in fact its incredible that after so many years Raven SHIELD and GRAW are still played online by clans despite the lack of graphics and new gadgets, and no support, that only means one thing those games were great and still are

9 and 6 years after being on the market people still playing, fantastic great job on those games.

Raven Shield in my opinion still has the best online maps ever design up till today...

Those maps where just brutal fun to play

And you could talk in between matches....I miss that

And you had a in game tool where you could draw your tactic on the map.... that was just awesome

Just do Raven Shield again please with some eye candy :D

Edited by RecasPT

Yes how can you sneak on someone if he can see you over a wall or a corner, has no logic at all, it s like the kill cams also....

In my opinion, 3rd person view and kill cams completely ruin a online tactical shooter...

There can still every bit as strong an element of stealth in third-person perspective games that intend it as part of their design; the only thing that changes are the lines of site that the different camera perspective, angle and mechanics allows -- which are the same for everyone and only changes the approach to stealth not obviates it.

:whistle:

So let me see if I got it straight

You don't...

You hide behind a wall and you can see as if you where standing up...

There is no stealth going on there, this will improve camping so much.....

No logic

Yes you are correct in that your statement is not a logical sequitur, but the your erroneous premise obviates even that...

dry.gif

Edited by 101459

You don't...

No logic

Yes you are correct in that your statement is not a logical sequitur, but the your erroneous premise obviates even that...

dry.gif

Recas is right, if you get behind a wall u cant see over it in real life, you kinds have to go outside more and see that its true when we say u cant see over a wall if u are crutching behind it.

DELETED

Edited by JohnTC02
Removed unnecessary insults

Recas is right, if you get behind a wall u can't see over it in real life...

That's not his point... And even that will obviously depend in that height of the wall, and in the case of the game the hight of the barrier, camera ducking limits, and mechanics will effect what you can and can't see.

What's more, if peeking and seeing over walls is the extent of what you and RecasPT regard as stealth, that's a very limited perspective on what accounts for stealth in the real world, and in many games.

Edited by 101459
Edited for content

@WDraco, I realise you are fairly new to these forums, but making posts like that is not acceptable.

I strongly suggest that you take some time to read the forum rules, there is a link to them at the top of the page.

Insulting members is not the way to make friends here, in future please take some time to think before you post.

Keep it clean folks, lets not let this thread go down hill.

Sorry if anyone got insulted, wasn’t my intention, i´m not new at this forum, i lost my last email and cant retrieve my pass. My clan WarDogs 13th Platoon is a clan that started at the first Ghost Recon, and still have members from back then, we played GR, GRAW and GRAW2, and have been for years expecting a new sequel to the game. We were expecting a game following the same ground rules that made the series a mark in tactical games, almost a simulation of real combat. And u went in another direction converting a tactical simulator into an arcade game. i can understand that the game can be fun in 3rd person view and all, what i can’t understand is why giving the same name, when the PC series doesn’t have nothing to do with the console series.

Sorry if anyone got insulted, wasn't my intention, i´m not new at this forum, i lost my last email and cant retrieve my pass.

I don't think anyone 'got insulted' but you sure did go off the rails for someone that's not 'new at this forum'...

We were expecting a game following the same ground rules that made the series a mark in tactical games, almost a simulation of real combat. And u went in another direction converting a tactical simulator into an arcade game.

Well if you've actually explored the word of Tactical Simulation you know that most of the actual combat sims used by Military and PMC's are third-person or include the option. As far as how 'arcade' GR:FS will be, if you've actually seen the COOP in-game game-play videos here you might see that there may be more to GR:FS then knee-jerk reactions might have you assuming...

i can understand that the game can be fun in 3rd person view and all, what i can't understand is why giving the same name, when the PC series doesn't have nothing to do with the console series.

The PC games have always been closely wedded to the console games; the original Ghost Recon was initially intended to be a console game first... Don't get me wrong, I'm no apologist or defending console target design limitations as equitable with PC design; but a lot of assumptions people make about FPP being more realistic, adding more depth, and especially more tactical realism to a game then TPP isn't necessarily true.

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

Sheesh! First of all Ghost Recon wasn't even technically first person it offered a unique 'Ghost Perspective' to deal with render limitations of FPP and view distance pixelation -- and it was a very successful game. There are many TPS realism games that are also epic wins in fun, sales and popularity.

Secondly, we don't know for a fact the PC game won't have dedicated servers, in fact it seems like there's at least an even chance it will as the game will be on the YETI engine, which a modified version of Unreal Engine 2.5 i.e. Unreal Warfare, and that already has SADS server good-to-go.

Thirdly, even without SADS, GR:FS has some of it's coolest game modes in COOP, where it won't make any difference if you're playing on a dedicated or listen server -- making your prognostication more then just cynical and before the fact; you've jumped the gun fellah!

Edited by 101459

IMO having dedicated is a stupid idea, since graw2 has them, over the years admins kick people for every small mistake(perm banning) even though server rules say " Kick ".

You just can't get permanently banned from a private match or a random match, because it would reset anyway, as mostly the 30-40 year old Spanish players don't speak english. And that is the reason why people are quitting, their getting banned from every dedicated server without knowing the reason, I'm not waiting for any answer for this reply at all and just hate comments I will ignore.

GR2 and both console GRAWs have had 1st person options, and have allowed the server host to force all players in the room into 1st person mode. It's the only way a lot of people played the game, and IMO it was a far better multiplayer experience. But this time around they're not giving us that option - it's 3rd person or nothing.

I never really played in rooms that forced 1st person view, but I liked the 3rd person view in GR2 because there was no left trigger quick zoom. You had to stop and scope to hit your target, which is what should be in third person to keep the pace of the game down. When they added LT quick zoom to GRAW it did speed up the pace of the game, but nothing like GRFS.

Edited by ArmyRanger6

No logic

With or without optical camo gamers will camp anyway, soldiers do this in real life combat don't they?. Ghost and Bodarks have access to this in game tech so it's balanced, and besides, snipers hang back and scan the area for hostiles, so many ways to play any game if you think about it, imho. Probably more of a stealth feature for single player, i think it's cool and most important it's fun. That's how i see it :)

dedicated server.

A true dedicated server in my honest opinion is being able to build and set up your own home or office server without additional costs, have all the software/tools to play the game online with a decent amount of players, no unlocks or progression stats, ranks etc etc. You know, pistols only if that takes your fancy?.

The 3rd person can be abused by campers or really anyone. In a game like this it all matters. Kinda a deal breaker for me unless they do something about it to make it more balanced.

The 3rd person can be abused by campers or really anyone. In a game like this it all matters. Kinda a deal breaker for me unless they do something about it to make it more balanced.

Good Lord! Will this grousing ever end?!

1) it has been known GR:FS would be third-person for well over two years

2) everyone in a third-person game has the same camera perspective and the same limitations

3) camera-ducking eliminates most of the 'exploits' that are decade old issues

4) there are no more in the way of perspective abuse/exploits in TPP games then FPP games

5) TPP can add a lot of tactical depth and realism to a game that can not be achieved with FPP

If done deal game features are a 'deal-breaker', this means you're not buying the game; why even post here?