New Ghost Recon site from Rocky

Rocky

Video review of GR that is pretty good.

and look unbiased quote:

Although players can pay to unlock the good guns, armor, and equipment faster, this generally doesn’t confer as big an advantage as you might think. The maps in Phantoms are full of shooting angles, and having the nicest gun in the world doesn’t really help if someone out-positions you and gets the drop on you, or if the enemy team takes you on in a coordinated assault. In the games I played, I never really felt like I was out of the fight against enemies with better weapons, as I could still kill them pretty easily by putting myself in the right position. Likewise, if I myself got caught out, the fact that I had tier two armor and my opponent only had a tier one gun was never enough to save me.

Edited by twcrash

• 2 weeks later...
fORVFUa.jpg​​
Ubisoft has released a new Assassin’s Creed themed gear for their free-to-play online third person shooter Ghost Recon: Phantoms.
The game’s Art Director Felix Marlo said that the positive community response they got after releasing the Assassin’s Creed themed gear for the Recon Class during the game’s beta encouraged the team to release more themed gear for the remaining classes of the game.
He said that bringing Assassin’s Creed to Ghost Recon: Phantoms whilst maintaining both worlds’ core concepts was an exciting challenge for the team, both titles shared some key elements which helped the team fuse both worlds together to create the unique gear that naturally fit into Ghost Recon: Phantoms.
The Assassin’s Creed Pack adds three new Assassin’s Creed themed Hoods and Tactical Suits alongside 5 new Tier VII weapons: PKM SV AC,Ak-12 SC AC, M14 Tactical AC, M3A1 C AC, M960 C AC and 5 classic weapons including Fiveseven AC, F2000 SP AC, P90 C AC, Sentinel SR-1 AC, MG36 KV AC.
Fans interested in purchasing the pack can get it from the in-game store, purchasing the bundle give the player 40% off of individual purchases. Each class has one bundle which includes a AC themed helmet, two MK. V Tactical Suits, 3 primary weapons, a Five Seven AC pistol, Magnum Ammo, a 25% XP/AC boost and a special avatar. The Recon bundle comes with an original EV-S1 hood and an additional Primary Weapon.
Source: Ubi Blog

Already got an F2000 SV WAR, PKM SV ARC(don't even use it anymore because its crap), M14 Tac (same as SV ARC/AC), got a better M960 which would be the Carbine version, already got the P90 SD WAR so why in the hell would I want a P90 AC? Already got a Mk 48 cqc w/silencer that replaces the mighty nerfed MG36 KV and got 2 M3A1 SV's and 3x 45T pistols...so why in the hell would I want to buy all those weapons just to get HEAVY Mk.5 and the new helmets?

Just another marketing scam from Ubisoft, promoting money milking, I don't understand why people are defending Ubisoft.

You've really got to wonder how many people actually cough up for this stuff? I mean I really have NO CLUE what kind of numbers are interested in paying for content such as this.

Its all relative to what they are worth to you. I mean I can say its like your DVD sets. You could basically get that content for free from the site. But we bought it not because it was anything new I probably didnt already have (on 10,000 dvds most likely) but to support the site. Also I bought VBS1 back in the day and that was ungodly expensive and hell i aint played it in years. Same with Steelbeasts. but anyways. You may not want them but someone did or does. So let em enjoy them I bought every starter kit. Did I need to? nope but I did cause I wanted to.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms is currently the third most-played free game on Steam, and ensnares more than 200,000 daily users in its ghostly web, according to a Ubisoft press release. As the game continues to evolve from its previous life as Ghost Recon Online, the development team has made multiple changes, including the modification of a map now known as "Subpen."
Previously titled "Balaklava Sub-Pen," the map is now darker thanks to reworked lighting, and problem areas where players could exploit level design have been tweaked, offering more cover or discouraging camping. In theory, this allows players to be more tactical, just like they would be if they were real Ghost Recon soldiers - you know, charging forward, slamming into riot shields, and screaming "lolololoool" at the top of their lungs.
If you want to see the changes to the Subpen map in action, Ubisoft has released an overview video, which you can watch above.

Oh dear....runny gunny stuff. Wont be playing that i think.

Too much like COD.

Yeah doesn't play like COD but that would mean you would have to watch a few videos to make an educated statement. And if GRAw2 played as well as this I would have played more GRAW2 online.