Blue Eagle

John

The only issue I could find was the wallpaper but I have already voiced my opinion in earlier posts so we won't go there again. Your maps are now so polished the beta phase seems almost unnecessary and therefore we have become almost redundant. Really like the new layout and the new buildings are spot on but in terms of gameplay another winner all the way.

Keep on with the good work.

many thanks

Anthony

3 issues found (not finished playing, but decided to add these before I forget. Comments below the screen shot.

eagle_layout.jpg

1. On the top of this building (roof), there are stairs and a wall for the AI to hide behind. To the left of the stairs is a doorway that leads to more rooms. I went in there and got trapped. When trying to leave, the wall is too close to the stairs which doesn't allow an escape. Only solution is to die. See item #1 in the pic.

2. Purple tree (see item #2 in the pic). I do see Spik@'s comment above. But just wanted to show you which tree on the map that is purple.

3. Initial spawn point: If playing alone on Hard Mode and you get killed here, they'll nail you over and over. If you leave it, we do have the chance to run up the stairs to escape the onslaught. But still, there's a lot of guys just standing there shooting me when I spawn.

Thanks for testing folks. :thumbsup:

Anthony, haha you really have got a thing about the wallpaper, if it's that bad I am willing to change it. Why don't some of you here post some images of what you would prefer.

Don't forger to make sure your images are royalty free and tileable. If you can make the size 1024x1024 or 768x768 that would be great.

Jack, issue #1 is a bit strange as I have used that building before in my missions without any problems. I'll take a look and change it if needed.

Issue #2, as Spik@ mentioned these purple trees are caused by a texture conflict with maps that have been converted from GR:AW if you have any in your custom_levels folder then the fix is to remove them while playing other maps.

Issue #3, yep had the same problem myself, a few well placed nades should see you alright :D . Of course it's best not to die in the first few minuets when you start the map. :whistle:

An alternative here is to start the map in easy mode then once you have cleared the first rush of AI select the hard button and you will be in hard mode for the rest of the mission.

John,

The issue in #1 wasn't the building itself. It was because you put a wall up to hide a sniper. That wall is at the bottom of the stairs. If you run off the left side of the stairs to go into the rooms on the other side of them, the wall prevents you from getting back out. You'll see what I mean if you go up there.

Finally finished the map. I only came across one other issue. Doesn't require a change IMO, but something you should be aware of. I added a circle to the map and labeled where you have 3 AI spawning. I walked out the back door of that building right next to where they spawn and it wasn't until I was out there that they spawned. One spawned in front of me, one behind me, and one literally on top of me. Had to back up to kill him. I should note that I came from the left side, entered that building, then exited where they spawned. Maybe because I came that direction is the reason they didn't spawn until I was there?

eagle_layout-1.jpg

Edited by JackDoe

John,

The issue in #1 wasn't the building itself. It was because you put a wall up to hide a sniper. That wall is at the bottom of the stairs. If you run off the left side of the stairs to go into the rooms on the other side of them, the wall prevents you from getting back out. You'll see what I mean if you go up there.

Finally finished the map. I only came across one other issue. Doesn't require a change IMO, but something you should be aware of. I added a circle to the map and labeled where you have 3 AI spawning. I walked out the back door of that building right next to where they spawn and it wasn't until I was out there that they spawned. One spawned in front of me, one behind me, and one literally on top of me. Had to back up to kill him. I should note that I came from the left side, entered that building, then exited where they spawned. Maybe because I came that direction is the reason they didn't spawn until I was there?

eagle_layout-1.jpg

Hi John,

I think I know what Jack is refering to. It's not a wall, but a fence on the roof he mentioned.

One of us also got stuck behind that fence and we used an admin kill to get him out of there.

I don't think that you have to remove the fence, but maybe you could make the space between the stairs and the fence a little bit wider so no-one gets stuck anymore.

Rico :D

Hi Jack & Rico,

Thanks for the extra info here, I know what you are talking about now. I'll sort it so you can get out of the building.

I sometimes forget what fences or walls I add to my maps especially as I'm now working on my next one plus designing two more buildings in max.

Having all these things on the go at once can get a little confusing as to what I put where and in which map, not to mention the fact that I'm getting old and senile. :D

:thumbsup:

John

We accomplished the mission as well using dedicated server and 2 clients.

No problems at all except we could not find the place to rest for Erika :wacko: did you hide it?

FPS was always a little bit low but still good to play.

New buildings are amazing, special the embassy which is a piece of cake :thumbsup:

This time you placed some AIs behind 2nd floor windows which is very good.

Have I see new buildings without UK wallpaper? If yes, it is the biggest effort :rofl:

Now some off-topic comments:

We agree with Rahnman's comment about Johns wallpapers

We feel a little bit sorry about Riley's living room.

We feel sorry about the Mexicans if the furniture they took has the same taste as Riley`s wallpaper

With best greetings :rocky:

John,

eagle_layout-1.jpg

Hi John,

I think I know what Jack is refering to. It's not a wall, but a fence on the roof he mentioned.

One of us also got stuck behind that fence and we used an admin kill to get him out of there.

I don't think that you have to remove the fence, but maybe you could make the space between the stairs and the fence a little bit wider so no-one gets stuck anymore.

Rico :D

Ha ha u beat me again rico you sob.

I just found that one.

See you ingame......

:o)

Hi Folks,

V1.1 is ready for testing.

I think all the issues here have been fixed.

1. One AI that was spawning has been moved.

2. Seems like the purple tree was a different kind to the rest so I have replaced it, I didn't have this problem so I can't tell if it's been fixed.

3. The fence on top of the building that was blocking your exit has been moved.

4. I have added some extra cover at the initial spawn point, hopefully this will help you live a bit longer.

5. The AI that was spawning in view as you exited a building has been fixed by adding another trigger at the buildings entrance.

I think that's it, not sure if anyone want to retest this as there isn't that many changes but if those that had problems at the initial spawn would like to try that part it would be useful.

BTW, I'm still open for any suggestions as a replacement for my wonderful wallpaper :P , post you pics but make sure they are tileable and 1024x1024 pix.

Many thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Download:

Blue Eagle v1.1

You may know about this site already but if not try cg textures

For wallpapers look at category paper and then either wallpapers or decorative.

Most of the tiled ones are 640 x 640 but could make them 1024 x 1024 in Photoshop.

Easily my most used site for textures. Pretty sure you have to register to download and if a free user there is a daily limit

which I rarely exceed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

We have been playing the map over and over again on the MIB servers without any issues. Neither one of us could find anything strange so I think the map is ready for release, unless someone else can come up with something we overlooked.

We all enjoyed playing the map. It's a great map especially with the tanks rolling out of the garage on their way to blast your head off :lol: .

Can't wait to see your next map :o=

Cheers John and keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Rico

BTW guys, what's up with everyone?? Isn't anyone playing GRAW2 anymore or is everyone on vacation :whistle:

I don't see any comments anymore......

Thanks again for all the replies and thanks for testing again Rico. :thumbsup:

I'll get this released soon, having problems with my next map, I made a few changes to the look of the landscape so it should look a bit different, for this reason it's taking longer to get posted here for testing but it is progressing and should be ready in the next few days.

Thanks again for all the replies and thanks for testing again Rico. :thumbsup:

I'll get this released soon, having problems with my next map, I made a few changes to the look of the landscape so it should look a bit different, for this reason it's taking longer to get posted here for testing but it is progressing and should be ready in the next few days.

hi hi John, I will not be repeating myself, the new still you do is of course a piece of good work for graw and, the same I am told by my players and they are good at helping to tell me if there are things they think is not as it should be, but John from the folder has finished testing and give it out , is too long to wait, you can not short it down a bit I have to take it off and on every time I need to test, I let the folder be on my server player can not use the service the time it is on the folder, is this possible John a little shorter after the completion test =GE=ebk52 Ghostsoldiers ELITE 0:):whistle: PLEASE lol you know i have only first class maps on my serv that why i only play you maps lol lol and my team and mapmaker friend triplex maps lol :P:rofl: from the past

Edited by ebk52

ebk, give the guy a break and be patient please.

Johns maps are always worth waiting for and I am sure he has a life outside of this game also.

Whenever you are ready John, we will still be here...lol.

Take your time.

:yay:

Haha, don't worry ebk I'll be working on this map this afternoon.

It's a fair amount of work getting these released but I hope to get it done today.

Hi Cjo 1964 what are you trying to suck you into the john we have accepted at once a few years and he knows what I mean stop it and stay in your sandbox when the old talk together, nobody thought it john doing it largest in history graw2 ha ha it's not really john (joke) but true, you develop the game faster than I can follow you john that is probably why you can not cope with excitement to the next map ha ha but ofcause john as our little boy says take your time take your time do not get old to fast :drunk: toast to your good work little john, toast to your good work little john, greet your wife and say I want to return to the contact we had I've been hit by a blood infection and has gone and been lax in a while, but of course if she wants it :cheers: . =GE=ebk52 Ghostsoldiers Elite