The Prison

Blahb

I looked at the map and have a few suggestions if I may:

The doors on the guard towers are textured wrong open them and note where the handles are on each side.

Also the towers need to be able to be shot from.

Glass needs to be able to be broken.

AI wont open most doors. They get trapped.

If its not to hard (I'm not a mapper) could you make a few of the cell doors openable. It would be great for rescue missions.

Other than that, the map is great. Keep up the good work.

Also the towers need to be able to be shot from.

Glass needs to be able to be broken.

The glass can be borken, just needs ten shots. ;) .

AI wont open most doors. They get trapped.

Yeah, it's weird i'm not too short how to fix that, they seem to open it.. but then wont move out of the way so it can full move..

If its not to hard (I'm not a mapper) could you make a few of the cell doors openable. It would be great for rescue missions.

Yeah, was also on my to do list, i'll do a few for the final release. :P

Seems that my scripter is having issues with issues on the map.

He writes:

"Having a grrrrrrrr of a time trying to get any mission to work for this and I don't know why.

I compared it to other normal working missions the map creator did some weird stuff with all the zones (incomplete or differently named things).

Usually the blank missions or templates that a map maker provides you can just suck right into IGOR and make a working mission.

<scratch head, must be the sun>"

Anyone else having problems scripting on this map?

Seems that my scripter is having issues with issues on the map. 

He writes:

"Having a grrrrrrrr of a time trying to get any mission to work for this and I don't know why.

I compared it to other normal working missions the map creator did some weird stuff with all the zones (incomplete or differently named things).

Usually the blank missions or templates that a map maker provides you can just suck right into IGOR and make a working mission.

<scratch head, must be the sun>"

Anyone else having problems scripting on this map?

I've started to script some simple missions, so far its works great. :)

I made a good one where you land a helicopter inside the outside walls (not to pretty with tangos everywhere), take control, rescue some prisoners, and blow the walls to escape to a waiting helicopter. ;)

Edited by BrandonKappel

I don't know if this is a problem with your map, my scripting, or what; but I made a helicopter with a path, cinimatics show it flying to the prison, i skip the cinimatic, fade to black, helicopter disappears, player platoon appears in insertion zone, works fine; but when I restart it takes me to another custom mission I'm working on (the next in the list). :help:

I don't know if this is a problem with your map, my scripting, or what; but I made a helicopter with a path, cinimatics show it flying to the prison, i skip the cinimatic, fade to black, helicopter disappears, player platoon appears in insertion zone, works fine; but when I restart it takes me to another custom mission I'm working on (the next in the list). :help:

Did you remember to enable the Replay Recording in your skip cinematic block?

It is pretty close to the real thing. good job since you never been in one. if you can, you should add handrails along the stairs in the cell blocks, cuz you can fall off and wound yourself. they do have the handrails on the real ones. plus a weight lifting set in the rec cage and maybe a basketball court in the rec cage will add realism. it looks very close to reality, just kinda small compared to the reaal thing. i like the map, and i like how you have to press action right on certain points to open the doors instead of walking up to the middle of a gate or door and opening it. that was good detailing in my opinion. a little info on cell blocks in florida anyway, the close management 1 dorm i worked in was a "T" building. there are 3 "wings" with the officer's station in the middle junction of the three.

Here's a quick little blueprint i threw together:

prison.jpg

White marks are doors.

There are 2 levels of cells on each "wing".

On each level there are 12 cells on the non-shower side and 10 on the shower side upstairs and down for a total of 22 cells on each level.

The showers are 3 shower cells upstairs and 3 downstairs where the inmates are locked in each shower cell individually.

This is just a typical "T" building dormitory where I worked. I worked in a Close Management 1 dorm which is for inmates who just cannot function in the general inmate population. due to either really bad behavior or they are extremely violent inmates. basically one level down from death row. and actually if someone who is guilty of a death sentence crime gets their sentence downgraded from death, will end up in CM1. So, I worked with some real scumbags ................. and some pretty bad inmates too, LOL.

Anyway, I like the map. should put a paved road leading up to the prison. i like the animated cameras.

Ye pretty cool map there Blah.

heres my list of what i came across:-

1) the door on the GuardTowers by entrance, texture needs flipping on one side as it hinges open on the handle side.

2)the door to the exercise area needs a frame round it, when its open looks like wire mesh floating in thin air.

3) the corridors to the prison cells with the lower ceilings, the Roof polygons are to close to the ceiling polys and u get a flickering between the 2 textures.

4) I would make the shower heads non 2d colidable as you get stuck against the wall.Wash basins need lowering slightly.Would be cool if you hide in the toilet cubicles as well.

5)Access into the cells would also be cool or at least a few that are open maybe.

6) I would have a side entrance/service entrance with some Trash cans etc outside.

7)suggested details to add:- Prison van, Pool table,Generator room maybe, small garden area outside (they gotta grow their weed somewhere) and a small shed.Exercise equipment outside and maybe weights inside. A Library/Study area.

Great work so far, like the cameras + cctv screens nice touch. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this map still multi player only?

I'm working on a mision or two for it. If allowed I will upload sometime and you can d/l it. ;)

Excellent.

What he said, and thanks. Makes us SP people happy.

Maybe get Migryder to creat a mission(s) to "really" make SP players happy :whistle:

HINT! HINT! :rofl:

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...