the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primary Target, the company that Apex bought the server from has taken his money and ran.

Michael Krug, the owner, is avoiding all contact, and has pulled the plug on all of his internet ventures that I can see.

I'm still trying to reach him to get Apex's money back so we can rent another server.

Quoting my own post as a reminder, this server hosting company has run off without so much as a word to their customers. They are even ignoring me on facebook. I'm just wondering how far I want to take this,.... they should not be allowed to get off with this.

That's why you always have to do some research on them, find out if they're legit or not.

Primary target have been around for few years i know many people and clans have had TS and game servers with them in the past. Its not a company you would expect to just up and run .

Edited by Hammer

Primary target have been around for few years i know many people and clans have had TS and game servers with them in the past. Its not a company you would expect to just up and run .

That's exactly what they have done, spend just 5 minutes trying to contact them you'll see what I mean.

Are you tired of game providers who are here one day and gone the next? Are you tired of working with a part time gamer providing services from his cable connection in his basement? Are you looking for a real company with a knowledgeable staff to provide your gaming services / dedicated servers? Are you serious about gaming? If so, then WELCOME TO PRIMARY TARGET!

You have made the right choice to come here. Primary Target has been providing services since 2001 and is here to stay! Primary Target has servers in some of the best data centers in the world in order to insure you receive the best possible service with redundant internet providers, backup power sources, staff on hand 24 x 7 to fix any server problems that may arise as soon as possible. Our professional and knowledgeable staff is here to assist you, after all, it is their full time job not just a hobby!

I'm sorry about the server being down. Indeed our provider Primary Target appears to have just closed shop and run with our money. I'll look into a new provider shortly and there will be a new dedicated GR server up and running soon. Just a little busy with RL work at the moment, so I may have to ask for your patience. Thanks.

No need to apologise ApexMods. It's not your fault at all.

Take your time. After all it's you spending the money. We're playing for free :whistle:

Absolutely NO need for any apologies from you Apex!

If I had a spare computer I would just open it up for a dedicated GR server and let it run.

Anyone with a decent upload can do that without issues as long as there are no background programs that run and cause bandwith issues.

IE: A computer with only GR and not extra programs or AV would be perfect for that!

>>>> maybe someone has a spare computer and a good upload that can do that for the time being !?!?! <<<<

Thanks for the support, guys! Thought I had finally found a new provider, everything looked alright at first glance and conditions seemed just perfect, but when I started to search the interwebs for customer feedback etc. before signing up, it painted a less than stellar picture of the place. So the search for a serious and fair server provider continues...

Indeed, I have considered putting a box together myself and just hooking it up via my personal DSL, but not sure about bandwidth and dynamic IP with DDNS provider. I'd prefer a fully managed solution in a professional setting, but if this turns out to be impossible/implausible at least we have options.

Just a heads-up that we are still looking for a suitable server provider - sadly without too much luck yet. The main problem seems to be the required video card plus there are some other technical issues to overcome. And of course we also want to avoid the kind of fiasco we had to endure with Primary Target, so next to technical and financial circumstances, we also want to make sure we will be dealing with a serious and reliable outfit this time.

So once again, sorry that this takes such a long time, but between my RL work and other projects I simply cannot push this along fast enough. There are some promising candidates on my current list, so keep your fingers crossed for one of them to work out soon.

• 2 weeks later...