Texas Militia - Expansion Pack

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skins look awesome Alex, great work. :thumbsup:

Wish I knew how or had time to learn to do something like this for my mods.

sorry, didn't have time to respond last night. thank you John and Riley it's very kind of you both to say nice words about them :)

Riley, i've forgotten because by brain is stoopid like that, what version of photoshop were you trying to run and on what OS?

Well, my uncle in Denver sent me Photoshop 6.0 Limited Edition and I tried running it on my Windows 7 64bit, and it displayed an error saying something like 'Contact so and so to see if you need a 32bit or 64bit version of the program.' I sent it to my dad to try and he did it on his 32bit Windows XP and it worked. I'm considering buying a new laptop, my current one has lots of annoying problems.

I believe the issue here lies in the fact that photoshop 6.0 uses a 16 bit installer and windows 7 64 bit is too "complex" shall we say to recognize 16 bit installers. it would work in compatability mode in windows 7 32 bit, but i'm doubtful it would work in 64 bit.

it will however, work almost undoubtedly in windows XP 32 bit and linux based operating systems under wine (with exceptions in the latter) try running virtualbox with windows xp as the operating system inside the virtual machine, you may be able to run it that way.

Edited by Zeealex

bummer, have you tried installing Ubuntu on it? then installing wine into Ubuntu and running it there? all of what i mentioned is legally free so win win really.

anyway. best to start a new thread or find the old one? i'm kind of driving the thread off topic. sorry :oops:

Edited by Zeealex

I use Photoshp 6.0 on Win7 64 bit. However mine is not the limited edition if that makes a difference.

It's been awhile since installing but I don't recall any problems getting it installed.

This is the location of my install:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe folder.

Beta-testers Needed!

If you're interested in beta-testing, either post here or PM me and I'll send you the Texas Militia mod and the missions that are finished so far. I need opinions on everything from kits to uniforms to missions to maps. Zeealex, you said somewhere you wanted to test, PM incoming.

Anyone have some really unique or creative ideas for missions? Although I'm no fan of the Call of Duty series, I really like how each of their mission has a highlight that you can remember and think, "Man, I loved that part, so epic." Any ideas you can think of to implement into my missions to make them more epic and memorable?

• 2 weeks later...

In Combat, the players must start out by fighting off an assault force. Once they have eliminated the enemy assault force, they may extract, but it won't be easy -- there will be up to 75 enemy in reserve waiting for you.

In Flagbearer, each player tries to capture and hold a captive who spawns at the center of the map. You get a point for each second you hold him.

Good news for sniper junkies -- Texas Militia will feature every single original environment from GR, DS, and IT reconfigured with realistic fog settings -- on some maps you'll be able to, in an open spot, see straight across the map. Because of this, most TXM snipers will have at least x16 zoom, with the max at x32.

Mission Sneak-Peeks

Mission 01 - Fight your way through San Antonio with the help of two Bradley armored fighting vehicles.

Mission 02 - Make your way to three different weapon caches in the Daisetta Swamp and demolish them.

Mission 03 - Stealthily destroy four supply trucks -- if you are spotted, the hostages will be executed!

01 and 02 are done; 03 is still being worked on.