GR1 - POW camp level

booldawg

Hope someone can help me! Having trouble completing the POW camp level on GR1 in Elite mode. No matter which way I enter the camp, as soon as I shoot any of the guards close to the POWs some 'unseen' enemy will kill a POW thus ending the level. As I dont have any silenced sniper rifles yet and the silenced MP5 is only really has any stopping power from close range I'm a bit stuck. Any ideas?

Hope someone can help me! Having trouble completing the POW camp level on GR1 in Elite mode. No matter which way I enter the camp, as soon as I shoot any of the guards close to the POWs some 'unseen' enemy will kill a POW thus ending the level. As I dont have any silenced sniper rifles yet and the silenced MP5 is only really has any stopping power from close range I'm a bit stuck. Any ideas?

First check you have eliminated all the Guards in the gate towers and on the ground in the main compound. then position your team to cover the tower entrance to the right, on the far wall of the compound ( were the prisoners are ) you will need to do this before you engage the prisoner gaurds. As a team of opfors will appear from that door way when you go for the prisoners. after that it all goes loud, so you mite wanna think about taking something with a bit more firepower, but just keep them set to recon till then. I have found the MP5 to be quite effective at mid range on semi auto(Burst) and alway aim for the head.. Good luck :thumbsup:

I always take two MP5SDs and enter through the second entrance further down. I first clear out the first entrance to the compound, then proceed to the second entrance. After I clear it out, I get Moroshkin, then I rescue the two POWs. I exit through the second entrance and then go to the extraction zone by circling to my right around the compound.

All you really need is the two SDs, and the mission is yours.

I still take a full team, and leave the others just in case, and also to build up the "character points".

First check you have eliminated all the Guards in the gate towers and on the ground in the main compound. then position your team to cover the tower entrance to the right, on the far wall of the compound ( were the prisoners are ) you will need to do this before you engage the prisoner gaurds. As a team of opfors will appear from that door way when you go for the prisoners. after that it all goes loud, so you mite wanna think about taking something with a bit more firepower, but just keep them set to recon till then. I have found the MP5 to be quite effective at mid range on semi auto(Burst) and alway aim for the head.. Good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies - I will try those tactics. This level must be the most replayed level of any game I've ever played during my 26 years experience of playing games! Man, its tought on elite!

• 2 months later...

This map on Veteran can be tough, I don't want to imagine what it's like on Elite. :P

I never worry about silenced weapons on this level because I generally try to go through quick to get the POW's. I first arm Alpha with a sniper, then arm bravo with two M4's and a M249. I use the sniper to take out the watchtower guards and the perimeter. I avoid the back of the compound until I get the POW's.

Once my sniper finishes with the outside I position him at the far watchtower in Recon in the prone position. The enemies won't see him and he won't feel tempted to shoot anyone. :P I then take control of Bravo, and take them through the first watchtower through that area with the buildings, and get ready at the next tower. I then retake control of my sniper, shoot the two guards next to the POW's take Bravo over and make a mad dash for the POW's while Alpha attempts to cover me. Once I've rescued the POW's, I get some cover, hunker down and assault until it's safe. Then I take Bravo, clear the hospital get Moroshokin (spelling?) and head outside. I'll send Alpha with his sniper rifle to clear those guys patrolling near the extraction zone and make a mad dash to the extraction.

This always works for me but everyones style is different. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I play on Elite, and this is the strategy I use:

Team of silenced machine guns (Ramirez and Grey) and silenced sniper (Stone)

Clear the closest entrance point, enter the compound with all the cabins and clear it. Then slowly sneak into the next compound, watching through the gate 1st and waiting until the closest 3-man patrol is moving to the left away from the inner guard tower.

Sneak in behind them and quickly kill with silenced weapons. No one will hear if they don't get a shot off.

Go to the far right and sneak around to where you can see the prisoners. Again, quickly kill the 2 guards.

Run towards the prisoners and get on the other side of them, then lay down and be ready to take out a group of three in front or to the left of you, and then a group of 3 that patrols to the right of the buildings ahead, and then finally start sniping at the remaining troops at the far end near the hospital/optional target now that the pows are safe from imminent danger. Soon troops from the other outer entrance will pour in and can also be easily picked off as they only have 1 door to get in through at that tower.

After all are dead and the inner compound is quiet, creep into the hospital and take out the 2 guards and get the optional hostage.

All the while, the only thing I have my 2nd team do is go to the exit and take out the 3man patrol near it.

Get the heck out of dodge! And save often!

This level is definitely the hardest, always ###### me off in the beginning when I was a novice. If you can master this level and the tank defense level on Veteran, then you are well on your way to playing/beating the game on elite.

Also I play on quick mission a lot, don't remember if Grey is available yet this mission in campaign, if not just use a 2 man silencer party of Ramirez and Stone. If you haven't unlocked Stone's Silenced sniper, just make him use a silenced pistol while Ramirez uses his silenced machine gun.

• 2 months later...