Patch 1.05 Released

I can check with the level designer who made it tomorrow. It could be that he planed for the tanks to be taken out with C4. I don't know, but I'll check.

Mission does not have any hidden weapon zones. Unable to select Rockets using coop ranks either.

Looks like placing C4 only for now.

:hmm:

I don't see that as a problem. I actually prefer it that way because it'll force people to actually think rather than fire and forget. Only problem is the tanks superhuman power to know where you are if you stick out any part of your body.

Totally agree, but unable to find any detection settings for them.

:huh:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can check with the level designer who made it tomorrow. It could be that he planed for the tanks to be taken out with C4. I don't know, but I'll check.

Mission does not have any hidden weapon zones. Unable to select Rockets using coop ranks either.

Looks like placing C4 only for now.

:hmm:

I don't see that as a problem. I actually prefer it that way because it'll force people to actually think rather than fire and forget. Only problem is the tanks superhuman power to know where you are if you stick out any part of your body.

I 100% agree, no real need for Rockets, the only thing in need of changing is the fact that the tank has super aim and incredible reflexes. Smoke is the key here, so it actually promotes team play in another level, since you really need at least one who throw smoke, and the rest simply have to play after the one who's doing the smoke job, etc. etc. I like it.

wCrash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

This happen in 'coop_retrieve' when somebody teamkilled and got kicked...Another thing that still not working is the chat in game for client server, everybody was saying hi to me and I was unable to answer them...so guys its not cause I'm antisocial it's simply a bug...

Edited by Rpghard

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

This happen in 'coop_retrieve' when somebody teamkilled and got kicked...Another thing that still not working is the chat in game for client server, everybody was saying hi to me and I was unable to answer them...so guys its not cause I'm antisocial it's simply a bug...

Same thing happened to me while hosting - exact error. Except because I was hosting and playing it took the server down.

It's pretty simple to get the tanks. There are corners near the end of their runs that you can use to get close to the tanks. Then sprint the last couple of meters to the tank and not even have a shot fired at you. No need for smoke at all. The issue is being patient to not rush the tank and also to take out all the bleeding snipers and fixed turrets. I laugh every time I see a fixed gun placed in such a way that it covers a 10m square courtyard and not any kind of distance or approach. It's just behind a blind corner to force you to die repeatedly to get a shot on him so you can advance in the map. My opinion is the map is just another meat grinder until you memorize all the positions of the enemies.

I did find that it seemed easier to sneak up on the AI from behind or the side (not the tanks they still have ESP). They no longer sensed you and if you were silenced they didn't seem to react. Of course this is terrible when there is a tango 3m away from the one you shot and they are still standing there. I would say from the AI perspective, it's better than it was before.

Also worth mentioning is the spawn forward aspect of the map. While I lament the gameplay design that removed squads, this helps alittle. It doesn't replace the natural teamwok fostering that squads do, but no you don't have to run forever to get to the action once you die.

This will be a nice change for a few days and then I'll be back at other games unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it). I'll leave it at that and keep the complaining to a minimum as I know you guys are tired of my ranting. Still thanks for the effort GRIN.

Thank you for the patch, I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it.

I play mostly co-op multiplayer. Nice to have a patch, I guess. And a new map (wasn't it supposed ot be two new co-op maps?) I'm guessing somebody needed the team working on the GRAW2 patch for newer projects, because this patch looks more like a "get it out there and let's close the door on GRAW2" kind of thing. Incomplete, lacking in fixes for bugs present since 1.0, and little new added content. And for this we waited... how long??

I would have tested the new shotgun and m/g, but I haven't been able to stay connected to a server long enough to check them out.

"Auto/burst/single" selector bug is still present, and possibly even worse now. Used to be that you could open a chat window, type the letter "z", then hit esc to close the chat and your weapon would change from default automatic mode to single or burst. Now, the game crashes when you try that work-around. Thanks for leaving us stuck (even more firmly) on automatic mode. :(

I see players dropping out of the servers a lot more now than I did pre-patch 105. When they return, they're usually cussing some bug that crashed game. That tells me there's been instability inserted into the game rather than removed. This is the "repaired network code"?? It's a step backwards.

Not impressed with this patch, or with the entire GRAW2 game. So close... so very close to making a fantastic game, and yet GRAW-1 still provides better game play.

Yeah..

I got kicked from my own server.. with no one else playing the new coop map.

At first I thought that the server settings had a time limit that I had forgotten to reset due to the patch being installed.

There was no team killing in this case... obviously.

I am very disappointed to hear the the "fire rate" bug was not corrected. This totally blows.

A rather simple work around would have been for them to make the default fire rate single shot. I think most of us would rather be stuck in single shot than auto fire.

This is why I used Lord Brettzies weapon pack. The M-16 is set to single shot by default. So the bug isn't a problem.

"- 2 New weapons added, M240 Machinegun and M1014 Shotgun." Could not care less about shotgun or the M240 as I never use ether once (does anyone ?)

It's only slightly amusing when I see these types of complaints about added content, you don't use it therefore it does not belong, well thanks but then again an SP (only) player might think the same of all the time/resources spent on the MP netcode revisions or additions.

Where does that get us?

:shifty:

____

I just used both; and just to keep in spirit (of the thread), the M240 is not very accurate and the M1014 should have been classed as a secondary.

"- 2 New weapons added, M240 Machinegun and M1014 Shotgun." Could not care less about shotgun or the M240 as I never use ether once (does anyone ?)

It's only slightly amusing when I see these types of complaints about added content, you don't use it therefore it does not belong, well thanks but then again an SP (only) player might think the same of all the time/resources spent on the MP netcode revisions or additions.

Where does that get us?

____

I just used both; and just to keep in spirit (of the thread), the M240 is not very accurate and the M1014 should have been classed as a secondary.

Practice more with the shotgun. It really makes a great primary. Any close quarter and it will own you. And if you follow your blasts puffs of smoke i have killed people up to 40 yards so far with it.

Where does that get us?

____

Did I say that this content did not belong there ?

Did I say anything else than "I find my selves not caring about it", did this mean that I somehow think that it should not have been added at all, or even that it's not welcome, I made a remark that I don't use it, hence I don't care. No need to be a wise (you know) and make what I've said into something else

Practice more with the shotgun. It really makes a great primary. Any close quarter

and it will own you. And if you follow your blasts puffs of smoke i have killed people

up to 40 yards so far with it.

Roco with his 40 yds shotgun sounds like it needs nurffing. :rofl: (aka 0.5 cal)

As for the patch, thank you Grin especially the 2 / 3 that actually did it while the

rest were drinking coffee and eating their favorite pastries. Nice to see progress on

the GRAW Series.

thanks

viii

Practice more with the shotgun. It really makes a great primary. Any close quarter

and it will own you. And if you follow your blasts puffs of smoke i have killed people

up to 40 yards so far with it.

Roco with his 40 yds shotgun sounds like it needs nurffing. :rofl: (aka 0.5 cal)

As for the patch, thank you Grin especially the 2 / 3 that actually did it while the

rest were drinking coffee and eating their favorite pastries. Nice to see progress on

the GRAW Series.

thanks

viii

LOL i didn't say it was easy... It's also harder to see your group when your aimed... you have to bring it up, shoot, got to hip to see the puff of smoke where it hit, adjust aim again.. But it is possible lol. I'll tell you what though. That shotgun is GREAT for clearing bushes in the cut.

Wow! It wasn't just me!!! :)

The game's become a great deal more unstable for me ever since 1.05 was installed. I run a clan server for a bunch of friends and I've had to restart the game about 11 times in a period of three hours last night. It started getting frustrating for some of the members. The same or similar error messages occured for me as well. In my case it said there were missing members relating to graphic files as well as the message you tagged above. This happened in both the Default CO-OP maps as well as the custom maps that worked somewhat flawlessly with the 1.04 patch.

Sigh. Great game! Very good intentions with the 1.05 patch... But is there a way to force the game back to 1.04 and not require the autopatch to occur when clients try to log into multiplayer?

Edited by Vector1

Wow! It wasn't just me!!! :)

The game's become a great deal more unstable for me ever since 1.05 was installed. I run a clan server for a bunch of friends and I've had to restart the game about 11 times in a period of three hours last night. It started getting frustrating for some of the members. The same or similar error messages occured for me as well. In my case it said there were missing members relating to graphic files as well as the message you tagged above. This happened in both the Default CO-OP maps as well as the custom maps that worked somewhat flawlessly with the 1.04 patch.

Sigh. Great game! Very good intentions with the 1.05 patch... But is there a way to force the game back to 1.04 and not require the autopatch to occur when clients try to log into multiplayer?

Well... applied the patch, picked a server and was able to play almost 20 minutes before the game crashed down to the desktop. Not really seeing the promised improvements.

I definitely appreciate the patch and work put into it. Thank you, GRIN.

RE: Satoh's post - I can confirm the Auto/burst/single select fire bug is still there. The mentioned workaround we all used now causes this crash:

Wed Feb 13 21:15:40 2008

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: pressed in type <void>

Renderer: threaded

With 1.05, the netcode seems less stable than 1.04. Tangos in coop take longer to react to being shot, and map load times are longer. The coop memory leak is still very active, alive and well.

GRAW2 coop mp has much to like about it, but many obstacles to overcome.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

??? (???) : ???

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

==========================================================

What an enjoyable patch.