AA? in full version?

Anyone know if there is more additional video options in the Full version of GRAW??

as of know i have everything on high includeing AF but there is no AA options and i know it could look better. i Hear from some ppl that in the full game you can adjust your AA in game etc.

The game looks fantasic!! but still if you look far away you can still see jaggies.

computer spec:

P4 EM64T @ 4.0 GHZ

abit AA8XE

ATI X1900XTX

2 GB crosair

Raptor WD 10,000 RPM

Watercooling.

Edited by silentkilla02

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is fp16 being used?

Is the lack of AA a result of HDR?

Yes and yes. It should be fixable if the demo had a setting to turn off HDR completely. Setting the post processing value in the renderer.xml file to "false" only changes the sky but FP16 HDR is still used and therefore AA can´t be forced/activated.

yeah i hope a patch is released so u can turn off HDR and jsut have bloom or something so AA can be enable for us nvidia users. I spent lots on my 7800GX, hope they can add these options :D

Edited by unwritt3n

I was wondering if we could get a word from GRIN on the AA issue.

As stated in several other threads, Bo and the other GRIN devs are on a well deserved holiday. Don't expect to see them around here for awhile.

I'm afraid there is no AA on the full version, that I can confirm.

I would prefer Bloom + AA over this fancy HDR mode.

But I do have a feeling it's not something we're likely to see.

so basically the only way to get some smoothing is if you can set your rsolution high enough?

btw, it's not just nvidia, my ati card has no AA either.

so basically the only way to get some smoothing is if you can set your rsolution high enough?

But on ATI card you can go into the catalyst program and hard-force AA, AF, etc... regardless of the application's selections. I forced AA on the demo, went into the game and turned down AF from 8x to 4x and turned off the dynamic shadows. Game runs smoother now and looks ALOT better (nearly no jaggies).

I don't have experience with recent Nvidia cards but I would guess there is something similar?

As stated in several other threads, Bo and the other GRIN devs are on a well deserved holiday. Don't expect to see them around here for awhile.

I don't mean to be harsh but kind of bad timing for releasing a demo and have the development team on vacation or holiday.

I know they have been working their butts off but from the moment a demo is released is when "Operation Feedback" comes in place. Now is when they should be very active addressing issues, concerns and checking codes for future fixes.

I'm in the IT business and have to release code to my customers world wide every month and when a code is released I'm always present watching for feedbacks...

Right now I love the game.. but it has it's performance issues and I'm seriously considering wether I buy the game or not....

A demo should be considered as an anticipation of the full product so that's when you need to be a good salesman... I don't see that happening.

Sorry, it's just my honest personal opinion. I want this game to be "The Game" we were all waiting. Just wish UBI's or GRIN's presence were here right when things are hot.

Flame me now :P

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]

,Apr 27 2006, 10:39 AM]

I don't mean to be harsh but kind of bad timing for releasing a demo and have the development team on vacation or holiday.

If you think about it, there really isn't a good time for any dev team to take a vacation/holiday. They are diligently working on a game, working on a demo, prepping for release of a game, then have the post release issues and discussion to deal with as well as working on patches.

After a game goes gold is the best time, IMO, that a developer take some time off. They don't control when demos are released nor the game so they can't plan around that. Also keep in mind that this vacation/holiday was postponed a couple of months ago.... just as the game was.

Now let's attempt to get this back on topic. :P

But on ATI card you can go into the catalyst program and hard-force AA, AF, etc... regardless of the application's selections. I forced AA on the demo, went into the game and turned down AF from 8x to 4x and turned off the dynamic shadows. Game runs smoother now and looks ALOT better (nearly no jaggies).

I don't have experience with recent Nvidia cards but I would guess there is something similar?

I have an ATI x850xt and I could not force the AA. I tried several different settings several different ways. I'm using the ATI Tray Tools and it would not force the AA. Maybe if I try the cat cont center, but then I don't have any fan control.

I have my resolution set to 1900x1200 and it still looks terrible with aliasing like never seen before.

No matter what i do i can't force AA on this demo...

I have an X1900XTX

Edited by Samurai Recon

Why they choose HDR over AA is beyond me. It lookes terrible without AA. Guess it was a UBI decision.

Oh, and there's no difference between the demo and the full game.

Check UBI released screenshots. AA is clearly activated on those or they have used Photoshop to make them look good. :angry:

Give me AA! :o=

:g_withgrin:

As far as I know there is no way to remove jaggles in photoshop... Well, not easily. When I need to do it I use the smudge brush, but you can only use that in certain places.

it would take an extremely long time to fix jags in photoshop. i doubt they did that.

I wish they would just take the time to adress the many (only a few really) questions that we, the buyers for their game, have. If they don't have the time, then send someone to the forums to create a thread about it. Will there be AA-support in the full version, or not.

That sounded pissy, but i mean i really want to know.

Edited by Samurai Recon

I wish they would just take the time to adress the many (only a few really) questions that we, the buyers for their game, have. If they don't have the time, then send someone to the forums to create a thread about it. Will there be AA-support in the full version, or not.

That sounded pissy, but i mean i really want to know.

With AF set to 16 ingame I have no noticable jaggies. At least not any I can spot.

Dawn