Maps for server

There might be some problems with maps that have spaces in the map name. Since web server replace space with other character and windows doesn't .

Map creators please don't use spaces in your map names. You can use _-, just not space.

And it won't help if i rename every file that has space in it.

I suppose I could do that, but the other problem would be if people have the original file in their folders. Then I'd have to change the name of the map in-game so it won't crash. I am, however, looking into making changes to the map anyway with the random spawns, so if I do then it'll definitely be re-released. Along with some other possible projects ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There might be some problems with maps that have spaces in the map name. Since web server replace space with other character and windows doesn't .

Map creators please don't use spaces in your map names. You can use _-, just not space.

And it won't help if i rename every file that has space in it.

We found the same thing last week when trying to get the in-game downloads to work.

Web Basic's 101. No spaces.

Just because Microsoft says you can use 28 word titles doesn't make it a good practice.

I tell people all the time when getting their web pages set up to not use spaces. Makes life way easier.

Edited by HSantal'

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, we moved all the maps to the other server. You can use it from here : http://www.armaholic.com/maps/

Link from Ghostaholic doesn't work any more.

from my server there is no download activated at all .. am i missing something? is the map_downloads.xml the only thing thats needed to activate a download anyway ?

thanks,

Ed

Hi guys, we moved all the maps to the other server. You can use it from here : http://www.armaholic.com/maps/

from my server there is no download activated at all .. am i missing something? is the map_downloads.xml the only thing thats needed to activate a download anyway ?

thanks,

Ed

Can you post your map_downloads.xml in here? Maybe there is an error in your file.

Can you make a compressed file of all the maps that would be stellar

Thnx

Lawnboy

Lawnboy, there is almost 1GB of files in that directory, that is a bit too much. But you can download them all from our download section or GR.net download section.

But if you have some special maps in mind let me know.

thanks,

Ed

Can you post your map_downloads.xml in here? Maybe there is an error in your file.

Can you make a compressed file of all the maps that would be stellar

Thnx

Lawnboy

Lawnboy, there is almost 1GB of files in that directory, that is a bit too much. But you can download them all from our download section or GR.net download section.

But if you have some special maps in mind let me know.

I seem to have trouble getting the server to direct people to download files.

When i run the server no map_downloads.xml is created, so i copied the one from my game pc to the server and entered everthing manually. Cross checked it with the server of a clan mate of me ( everything looks the same) but no option to download the map when you join the server.

Did a clean install of the server, repeated the steps, but no luck.

Anyone any ideas

The OS where the server is running on is win2003

tnx in advance

Rhoov

Edited by Rhoov

Do you have all the ports open?

Please post your file here, maybe we found something

Strangly enough, after a few hours from the new install it suddenly works..???

Don't why, but who am i to complain about it..

Tnx anyway for the reply sunraa

This is really good news to me !!!

Let me know if you need something else