GRAW 2 announced

OSPerry

I noticed the difference in engines, but I liked things from both of them. Liked the having to hold your breath in SP when in the scope, always a great effect in my opinion and I was kinda miffed about it not being in MP, and of course, I really want to be able to play the SP missions in Co-op, dont get me wrong the co op missions in GRAW1 were good, but there just weren't enough of them.

Yet i would give them both up just to see GR on the new crisis engine.

I can't say it's impossible, but it's incredibly unlikely, although Ubisoft does still own the rights to Cryengine. ;)

Small disclaimer: I'm not certain if it's for perpetuity, for just the Far Cry franchise, or some other arrangement.

Just farcry, I think, EA has the new engine.

Anyway, what makes you think GR on cryengine 2 would be a good thing? Engines aren't really a one size fits all thing. Each has pros and cons.

Either way, Ubi's been using UE3 alot lately, so if anything graw2 will probably be on that. I kinda' expect it to use it's own engine, though.

I noticed the difference in engines, but I liked things from both of them. Liked the having to hold your breath in SP when in the scope, always a great effect in my opinion and I was kinda miffed about it not being in MP

That's not an engine constraint, that's a bit of gameplay code.

Anyway, yeah, I definitely noticed (and knew before the game came out, anyway.)

Just farcry, I think, EA has the new engine.

Anyway, what makes you think GR on cryengine 2 would be a good thing? Engines aren't really a one size fits all thing. Each has pros and cons.

Either way, Ubi's been using UE3 alot lately, so if anything graw2 will probably be on that. I kinda' expect it to use it's own engine, though.

Well look at OE it turned out rather good with more pro's than Cons if you ask me so i think its a safe bet. Only reason i want the Crisis engine is only for the tropic/woods settings! Love how the surroundings react to me being there rather im just moven around or even in combat. Than again i guess it well never happen anyways becuase GR aint just GR anymore in more than just wood settings nowadays is it!? I guess them days are now over for good.

As for the UE3 engine though it looks great and is being over used lately. I still can't say i really ever cared for any of the Unreal Engines except for when Splinter Cell was on it. Well thats the only game i truely like that used any of the UE's. Besides the looks of the engine's it never felt right to me when it comes to game play so im not really a fan of it. So im all for a inhouse engine again rather than them use UE3.

there is a huge difference from graw SP to MP, graphically speaking especially in hi-def. ubi was afraid of lag issues in MP so they scaled down some of the graphics. even SP has some minor framerate issues. but wingshot touched on something. internet providers are gonna have to start increasing speeds(upload) to catch up with these next-gen games. and some are. verizon is touting thier FIOS(fiber optic internet) for around $50/month. 15/20megs down & 2/5megs up. that's about 3 to 4x faster than what i got and i have a decent connection. hopefully graw2 MP will look as good as SP.

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

.......but wingshot touched on something. internet providers are gonna have to start increasing speeds(upload) to catch up with these next-gen games.........

That wasn't Wingshot that mentioned that , it was Ick.

Don't puff this Wingshot guy up any more than he already is!!!!

Edited by Ick

• 3 weeks later...

I took that from Majik on Kikizo forums (and he apparently copy it from Gameinformer).

Uses the same engine but has some significant graphical updates such as:

1.Dynamic Weather Conditions: Taking place in sandstorms to howling

rain, with subtle details such as after a rain storm the mission area

glistens with moisture and features standing pools of water on the

streets. As well as wind and weather simulation.

2. Object Translucency: Which allows players to see through surfaces

like leaves and fabrics under the right lighting circumstances.

3. God Rays: Also a technique that simulates the way light goes around a

surface that blocks light. God Rays allow the player to see the limits

of light, creating the hard edges rays of light often seen pouring

through cathedral windows.

4. Smoke Effects Techinques called Depth Sprite in which smoke particles

move over and around objects like an actual gas, elminating the

hardlines you see between clouds and surfaces you see in most games. The

smoke also reacts to light and wind.

Demos were shown that showed the dynamics of the smoke. Such as a

helicopter down draft that forced huge plumes of smoke away from the

landing. To an explosion forcing away a smoke cloud with the light of

the fire reflecting off the particles in the cloud in real time.

5. Improved particle effects that send debris flying in explosions and

chips exploding off walls when struck by a bullet.

It will take place in South America, Mexico and the US mainland during a 72 hours timespan. It will have way more varied locations including fighting through the

mountains, forests, etc.

The first section of Graw 2 will take place around the Mexican City of

Juarez, 2nd in a war torn urban Center, 3rd repelling a full fledged invasion of US soil for control over El Paso Texas.

GameInformer have seen the game demonstrated and have say that it looks on par, if not nicer than Gears of War.

Out in March.

Sounds nice, but the same engine, hm?

.......but wingshot touched on something. internet providers are gonna have to start increasing speeds(upload) to catch up with these next-gen games.........

That wasn't Wingshot that mentioned that , it was Ick.

Don't puff this Wingshot guy up any more than he already is!!!!

Ick's an ood.

But I am glad to see some of these changes. I hope that the improved physics leaks over to ballistics and permeable materials/structures ...

With CoD3, GoW, and RB6 all out there showing their stuff GRAW2 will be an interesting launch.