Rahnman's Weapons Mod

rahnman

Ok, I think it is finally ready.

This mod is primarily some new regular weapons kits for Coop Play. It also works pretty well with single player "campaign" play. I have been able to get many primary weapons such as the Rx4, M4/16, shotgun etc. to work as secondary weapons so this mod offers a whole new range of kits not previously available.

I have also incorporated SnowFella's "shortdot" scope and Brettzie's M-14 Aimpoint sight into the mod along with Brettzie's animations for the aimpoint attachment on the M1014 Shotgun and the SAW. Thanks Brettzie and SnowFella for graciously allowing me to use your work in this mod.

A complete description and installation instructions are included in the "READ ME FIRST" file.

I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who contributed to the testing of this mod as well as the discussions in the forums. They are:

Brettzie, SnowFella, JohnTC02, Davros, Radiator, Oz-Ares, Anthony, [AGB] Bogie, ebk52, =EP_Geez, and all of TAW's "Maverick" squad - TAW_Goose, TAW_REDDOG, TAW_Zero, TAW_Batwing and TAW_SSWannabe.

DOWNLOAD

ENJOY!! SYOTB!

TAW_Rahnman (weaponhead)

Hello rahnman :) and all members

Your mod work very fine on dedicated server and on our local machine |J4F|friends :thumbsup:

More info, we're on win 7 (32 and 64bit)s and Win Xp

But for one of our friends is a disaster ....

After loading the map, just before choosing the kit, the game crashes with this error message

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "coop_scout_1"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\guiscreens.dsf(0)

OR

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\pickupmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: _inventory_slot_id in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

He's on Win XP Sp2, it's fresh installation game (patched 1.05) and exactly the same (installation mod) as for all of us.

After reading and trying your comment about "rico686" on download section.... this problem isn't solved

Do you or someone else would have a small idea to help me solve this problem please?

We can not leave our friend alone in his corner :(

Many, many thanks for your help :(

Regards

Gorilla

Gorilla/Rico

It seems that I am having the same kind of problems that Brettzie had with his mod. Most people's machines will accept the bundled version, but for some strange reason a very few others will not. I have put together an "unbundled" version that is essentially an override done out of the "local" folder.

Try having your player download this version (just email him the link or show him how to get here) and follow the instructions. You may want to download it too and read the "READ ME" file which explains how to install this version of the mod. If his English is not so good then you can explain it to him. Rico, you may want to try this too.

Oh, make sure he deletes all the files (for my mod) that he has installed previously.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmhzfgzx2jm

Hope this works for you,

Rahn

Hello rahnman,

At first , thanks for your answer :thumbsup:

Thank you for the link to the unbundled version (I had this problem myself with version "bundled" from Brettzie).

So I downloaded this version and I would install it tonight via "Teamviewer" (same as VNC)

I will then give the test result so that it may serve to some people who encounter the same problem.

Anyway, thank you for the attention you bring to our problem.

Have a good day or night (Time Difference between USA and France :P )

Regards

Gorilla

Test with my computer

* As the read me files instruction

I get this error : "Unauthorized file altered to avoid cheating" when i join our gameserver

*Our gameserver work with bundle version... so:

1- On gameserver: Rename the "mod bundle" context-standalone.xml like context-standalone_MOD_BUNDLE.xml

2- Download this context-standalone_MOD_BUNDLE.xml on local pc and rename like context-standalone.xml

3- Edit this file like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<context>

<script base="data" exec="level/dedicated" editor="false" language="rahnmans_coop_kits_v2.0"/>

<!--<mod_bundle name=rahnmans_coop_kits_v2.0"/>-->

4- Upload the context-standalone.xml file on gameserver

5- Upload the folder rahnmans_coop_kits_v2.0 on gameserver local folder

6- Restart gamserver and it work like a charm

So, I'll test this solution with my friend ... and if it works, I'd make the change to each member of J4F.

(Just 4 Fun isn't a gamers clan, just a bunch of friend who spends his time playing in the joy and good mood ... No leader, no team .... Just 4 Fun)

:thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Gorilla,

WAIT!! If you get the "altered files are not permitted to avoid cheating" box when you log onto the server, there is a MUCH easier fix for this. There should be a check box somewhere that says "allow game cheats" or something like this. All you have to do is set your server to allow cheats and your friend should be able to get in.

The only downside is that other people who have altered files (cheaters, lol) will be able to get into your server. But you have administrator rights so you can just kick them or ban them from your server if they are causing a problem.

Allowing cheats on a coop server is usually no problem since you are playing against AI.

Try this first and see if it works.

Rahn

Gorilla,

Also, since your server has a "local" folder, it must be a "computer" server and not a true dedicated server. I would be interested in knowing how you set up this type of server to run the mod. I know of others who have tried to run the brettzies mod (our clan and the OZ clan) on this type of server but have not been successful. Any help would be appreciated.

Rahn

Hey rahnmans ;)

There should be a check box somewhere that says "allow game cheats" or something like this. All you have to do is set your server to allow cheats and your friend should be able to get in.

Doesn't work too... but all friends make change like my last post and working fine for all.

Your "tech support" is very great.. much appreciate and all my friends thanks you :thumbsup:

Also, since your server has a "local" folder, it must be a "computer" server and not a true dedicated server. I would be interested in knowing how you set up this type of server to run the mod. I know of others who have tried to run the brettzies mod (our clan and the OZ clan) on this type of server but have not been successful. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure understand the question (google translation is limited) but:

I have making test on our gameserver hosted by Hypernia Hosting (true dedicated server). Not with a local server (my computer)

Your question is: Do you want know how i set up the gameserver hosted by Hypernia?

I'm sorry to understand....google and my english is not very great :( but i want to make a big effort to help you :yes:

Gorilla,

I'm glad the unbundled version works well for you. w00t (I was worried, lol).

I went to the "Hypernia" web site. It looks like they offer rental of a desktop unit (what I would call a PC). It differs from the type of dedicated server that AGB and TAW use. Our online servers that we rent don't have a "local" folder. Oz-Ares was trying to set up your type of machine/operating system for the Brettzies mod and was running into problems. I have read your post describing what you did to get the mod running and will pass it on to Ares. Maybe it will help him. I'm glad you posted what you did here so that others can read it and get their servers working too.

It's also curious that the "enable cheats" did not work for you (just one more thing that I don't understand, lol).

I'm glad you like the mod!

SYOTB,

TAW_Rahnman

I have read your post describing what you did to get the mod running and will pass it on to Ares. Maybe it will help him. I'm glad you posted what you did here so that others can read it and get their servers working too.

It is quite normal and then not much work compared modder.

It reminds me of my beginnings in RavenShield ... the same enthusiasm to want to contribute and become a mapper too...... lol

Again, a big thank you for your "Mod, Help" from all |J4F| friends :thumbsup: